Fwd: FOSSASIA Summit 2019, Codeheat, Pocket Science Lab, OpenTechNights Free Stay in Singapore, 35C3, Fosdem

Mario Behling

Dec 17, 2018, 7:22:32 AM12/17/18
to FOSSASIA

FOSSASIA - The Future is Open!

FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit Singapore Call for Speakers and Participants • Codeheat Contest until February •  FOSSASIA Hackathon • Pocket Science Lab • Meet us at 35C3 and Fosdem • Your Free Stay with OpenTech Nights

Hello,

as you see in the photo we had an amazing time at the OpenTechSummit China in Shenzhen this month. Thanks for all the sharing and good vibes, especially to our keynote speakers Naomi Wu and Frank Karlitschek!

So, here is our end-of-the-year update and reminder for the FOSSASIA Summit in Singapore:

1.  Please don't forget to get your early-bird ticket for our annual lead event, the FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit Singapore taking place from March 14-17, 2019. It is our 10 years anniversary and the first 500 registrations will get a free anniversary edition Tshirt at the event after three days of participation. Here are the links to:

2. Get a free hostel stay in a Singapore hostel with #OpenTechNights during the FOSSASIA Summit. All you have to do is, convince us, that you are an awesome contributor in the FOSSASIA community. Please apply here.

3. Pocket Science Lab: It is on the market! Our first delivery to Japan sold out on the second day on Switch Science and it was celebrated on the Japanese Twitter. What a debut! We have also opened two shops in Singapore and Germany, where you can get the Open Hardware science lab board and we will have some large distributors offering the device soon. Learn more about PSLab here.

4. A whopping 593 developers are already participating in this year's Codeheat Coding Contest competing to win awesome prizes and a trip to the FOSSASIA Summit. The contest is running until February 1st and you can still join. So, start coding now!

5. Updated and new apps: In the upcoming days we are releasing a new version of Open Event. There are constantly updates to our PSLab app on the Playstore - in particular, we have included more export options for your data recently. And, we have just added the Badge Magic project to the FOSSASIA org to develop an app for LED Badges.

Thank you for keeping in touch and being part of the Open Tech community. If you would like to meet us please visit our events page listing all OpenTechSummits and Jugaad Fests 2019 as well as our Facebook page for our meetups and gatherings.

Next we will be at the 35C3 Chaos Communication Congress (27-30 Dec.) and at Fosdem (2/3 Feb, 2019).

More info about our current activities below.

Have a wonderful Happy New Year 2019!

- Hong Phuc & Mario

Pocket Science Lab Now on Sale: Miniaturizing Labs and Making Scientific Instruments Accessible for Everyone

PSLab is a small USB powered hardware extension for your Android phone or PC that lets you measure all kinds of things. PSLab comes with a built-in Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Wave Generator, Logic Analyzer, Power Source, and we are constantly adding more digital instruments. PSLab is many devices in one. Simply connect two wires to the relevant pins and start measuring. You can use our Open Source Android or desktop apps to view and collect the data. You can also plug in hundreds of compatible I2C standard sensors to the PSLab pin slots. It works without the need for programming. So, what experiments you do is just limited to your imagination! More on https://pslab.io.

Buy it in [Japan] [Singapore] [Germany]

Singapore: FOSSASIA Hackathon, 15-17 March, 2019

Join the FOSSASIA Hackathon at the FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit, build awesome apps, games and personal assistants improving people's lives and tackling sustainable development challenges, and win awesome prizes! The hackathon takes place from Friday 15 March to Sunday 17 March 2019 at the Lifelong Learning Institute in Singapore. We are specifically interested in applications and games that set an example for others who could replicate solutions in other countries, to tackle the UN sustainable development challenges. Learn more here and sign up for free.

Singapore: #OpenTechNights at FOSSASIA Summit, March 2019

Get a free stay in a Singapore hostel with #OpenTechNights during the FOSSASIA Summit. We are inviting Free and Open Source (FOSS) contributors to FOSSASIA projects to apply for a free stay in a Singapore and a free ticket to the event. All you have to do is, convince us, that you are an awesome contributor in the FOSSASIA community and participate actively in our projects. Please apply here.

"In the Heat of the Code" Coding Contest

The third edition of the Codeheat Coding Contest is running till 1st February 2019. Contributors can join at any time and win cool prizes. Grand Prize Winners will travel to the FOSSASIA Summit. The jury will choose three winners from the top 10 contributors according to code quality and relevance of commits for the project. It also takes other contributions like submitted scrum reports and technical blog posts into account, but of course awesome code is the most important item on the list. Other participants will have the chance to win Tshirts, Swag and vouchers to attend Open Tech events in the region and will get certificates of participation. Sign up here now and join the friends team on GitHub.

Upcoming Activities

Please join us at these upcoming events:

Leipzig, Germany: FOSSASIA Gathering at CCC, Dec. 27-30, 2018

Leipzig, Germany: 35C3, Chaos Communication Congress: Journey in the Open Source Community and The Feminist Perspective, Room Dijkstra, Dec. 28, 2019, 18.30

Brussels, Belgium: Social Dinner at FOSDEM: Feb. 2-3, 2019

Brussels, Belgium: Talk on Pocket Science Lab - An Open Source Hardware for Electronics Teaching & Learning, Room: AW1.125, Sunday, Feb 3, 2019, Start: 15:30

Maskat, Oman: FOSS Oman: Feb. 11-12, 2019

Singapore: FOSSASIA Summit, March 14-17, 2019

Berlin, Germany: OpenTechSummit Europe, May 30, 2019

Shenzhen, China: OpenTechSummit Day China 28 March, 2019

Can Tho, Vietnam: OpenTechSummit Day Mekong, June 29, 2019

Jakarta, Indonesia: OpenTechSummit Day Indonesia, July 6, 2019

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: OpenTechSummit Malaysia, August 30/31, 2019

FOSSASIA 2016 Singapore Science Center

FOSSASIA
OpenTechSummit

14-17 March 2019
Singapore

More info on the FOSSASIA 2019 Summit at the Event Website

Read about our activities on the FOSSASIA Blog.

Follow us on Twitter.

Talk to us on Gitter.

Become a friend on Github.

Github  LinkedIn Flickr Facebook Google+YouTube Twitter

Creative Commons License Email licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License. 2018 FOSSASIA