Snow Leopard Compatibility

bentford

Aug 28, 2009, 8:13:22 PM8/28/09
to fluidapp
Hello,

Just wondering if Fluid is compatible with Snow Leopard GM.

Thanks,

Ben

johngrater

Aug 29, 2009, 6:43:05 AM8/29/09
to fluidapp
I haven't had any trouble in the last 24 hours. Go for it!

David

Aug 29, 2009, 9:27:45 AM8/29/09
to fluidapp
This site says that it is:

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

I'm currently having a gmail in fluid problem, though, that showed up
after my upgrade. It might be unrelated.

Christopher MacMinn

Aug 29, 2009, 4:20:19 PM8/29/09
to fluidapp
My Gmail SSB is broken too, also after upgrading to Snow Leopard.
Gmail does not load, I just get a blank page.

- Chris

Paul

Aug 30, 2009, 9:56:39 AM8/30/09
to fluidapp
Same here, my Gmail SSB is broken, only gives a blank page, after
installing Snow Leopard. I tried re-creating the Gmail SSB with
Fluid, and Fluid ran fine, but the new SSB didn't work either. My
Google Calendar SSB seems to be working fine though...

-Paul

Lars Trieloff

Aug 31, 2009, 12:01:45 AM8/31/09
to fluidapp
I have the same problem. The error console shows following error:

TypeError: Result of expression 'Ic()' [null] is not an object.

Interestingly, for the other Google Mail Fluid app I use the error is
not about Ic() but Hc().

It looks like this problem can be resolved from Google's side without
any changes to Fluid, though.

Lars

Marcus Breese

Aug 31, 2009, 11:20:31 AM8/31/09
to fluidapp
I had the same problem... turns out, Google Gears isn't compatible
with Snow Leopard yet. So, Fluid was loading Gears, which was
failing, but Gmail still thought it was working, so it tries to call
Gears specific Javascript functions, which don't exist.

So, I just went to the Google Gears menu bar settings and set
everything for "Denied".

My GMail fluid app started right up after that.

Marcus

Christopher MacMinn

Aug 31, 2009, 11:32:48 AM8/31/09
to fluidapp
Apparently the problem is Google Gears (required for Gmail Offline),
which is not currently supported on Snow Leopard.

See the other thread on this topic:
http://groups.google.com/group/fluidapp/browse_thread/thread/7aede3ba007e3029

After following Google's instructions for removing Gears (http://
code.google.com/apis/gears/install.html), my Gmail SSB works
perfectly... although without the Offline functionality, of course.

- Chris