fluid gmail only gives about:blank

autodidakto

Aug 28, 2009, 7:23:46 AM8/28/09
to fluidapp
Subject says it all. I create the app and load it, but only get a
blank page.

Will Hopkins

Aug 28, 2009, 1:09:17 PM8/28/09
to flui...@googlegroups.com, fluidapp
I have that problem after it tried to load without an internet
connection. Try hitting Shift-Cmd-H to go home. If that doesn't work
ten I have no idea what will.

Good luck,
Will

Sent from my iPod

David

Aug 29, 2009, 9:26:11 AM8/29/09
to fluidapp
I'm having the same problem. It started happening after I upgraded to
10.6. It's definitely not an about:blank page; it's just a blank page.

The url looks something like
https://mail.google.com/mail/login_complete.html?dest=https://mail.google.com........

I opened the error console and have the following error:

/mail/js/3265312015-lsli.js:57 TypeError: Result of expression 'Kc
().create' [undefined] is not a function.

I've tried emptying my cache, changing my user agent, and going "home"
to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Kene Piasta

Aug 29, 2009, 7:23:42 PM8/29/09
to fluidapp
I am having the same issue. All my other fluid apps work fine
including Google calendar. I tried deleting the app and making a new
one and I have the same result as David describes above, though I
haven't looked at the error console.

On Aug 29, 9:26 am, David <david.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. It started happening after I upgraded to
> 10.6. It's definitely not an about:blank page; it's just a blank page.
>
> The url looks something likehttps://mail.google.com/mail/login_complete.html?dest=https://mail.go...........

Todd Ditchendorf

Aug 30, 2009, 2:58:03 AM8/30/09
to flui...@googlegroups.com
keep in mind, Fluid restores pages from the previous time you quit the
app. also with the 'closing the last window only hides the window'
option turned on in preferences, you can sometimes have a hidden
window open without realizing it (basically, it's a bit buggy).

so it's possible to quit a Gmail SSB when there's a hidden blank
window. when you restart you will see a single window that is blank.

the solution to this is to type the "home" keyboard shortcut : command-shift-H

this will take you to the Gmail interface. then maybe quit the app
immediately and restart it to make sure it opens to Gmail home on the
next launch.

also, if this doesnt work as expected, try turning off 'closing the
last window only hides the window' and repeat.

td

Tanguy

Aug 30, 2009, 12:33:37 PM8/30/09
to fluidapp
the issue is with google gears.
gears for 10.6 has not been released or updated. it works with firefox
but not safari and not fluid.
if you remove all the gmail entries from gears in your fluid instance
it will work

On Aug 29, 11:58 pm, Todd Ditchendorf <todd.ditchend...@gmail.com>

Kene Piasta

Aug 31, 2009, 1:09:22 AM8/31/09
to fluidapp
Removing Gears fixed it for me! Thanks Tanguy!