Announcing Flatcar Container Linux Alpha release 3066.0.0, Beta release 3033.1.1 and Stable release 2983.2.1

Flatcar Container Linux User

Nov 25, 2021, 11:03:02 AM11/25/21
to Flatcar Container Linux User

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a Flatcar Container Linux maintenance release for a new major release for our Alpha channel, as well as minor releases for Beta and Stable channel.

All releases include an update which changes the URL of our binary package server to https://mirror.release.flatcar-linux.net/ . This change applies to the SDK and to the development container and is required to reflect changes in our build infrastructure. There’s a tracking issue for that change here.

Update to CGroupsV2

CGroups V2 has been included in Stable since 2983.2.0. For details, please refer to https://www.flatcar-linux.org/docs/latest/container-runtimes/switching-to-unified-cgroups/.

New Alpha release 3066.0.0

Changes since Alpha 3033.0.0

Security fixes

Bug fixes

Changes

Updates

Known Issues

  • The logrotate.service is failing, a fix (coreos-overlay#1442) is merged and will be included in a follow-up release

New Beta release 3033.1.1

Changes since Beta 3033.1.0

Security fixes

Updates

Changes

  • Added missing SELinux rule as initial step to resolve Torcx unpacking issue (coreos-overlay#1426)

New Stable release 2983.2.1

Changes since Stable 2983.2.0

Security fixes

Updates

Changes

  • Added missing SELinux rule as initial step to resolve Torcx unpacking issue (coreos-overlay#1426)

Best,

The Flatcar Container Linux maintainers