How to change flowrate with respect to pressure difference

Navaneeth Ramesh

Sep 29, 2022, 8:04:26 AM9/29/22
to fds...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
I am trying to control my volume flowrate through an extract fan present in my lobby with respect to the pressure difference between the door opening connecting my lobby and the emergency stairways.
So if the pressure difference between my lobby and stairways is more than 60 Pa my extract fan should either deactivate or reduce its speed by atleast 80%. I have placed 2 devices across the door to measure the pressure in the lobby and stairway.
Any tips/ideas for this?
Thank you.
Navaneeth

dr_jfloyd

Sep 29, 2022, 8:40:20 AM9/29/22
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
You can do this using control functions.  See this recent thread for a discussion on how to build complex behavior using control functions and see if you can figure out how to this for your particular case: https://groups.google.com/g/fds-smv/c/vBYf_yqvQuU