Error #429 and Facil Emailing on Vista machine

Erik Lewis

Dec 7, 2009, 6:04:52 PM12/7/09
to Facil Software
Hi all,

We've tried unsuccessfully to send mass emails using FACIL on the one
machine in our office that has Vista. The mass email works on all the
others macnines that are running XP pro. When we try to run the mass
email on the Vista machine (it's a cheapo e-machine) it comes up with
the message: "Error #429, Active X component can't create object"
We've run the RegAddemail.bat fix that Dave Becker created for this
problem to no avail. Any suggestions, advice or similar experiences?

Erik

Erik Lewis
Director, LMC-TV
914 381-2002 x201

Jordan Beisel

Dec 7, 2009, 7:24:41 PM12/7/09
to fa...@googlegroups.com
WinXP shipped with ActiveX v9 and almost positive that Vista shipped
with v10. An updated patch might have to released. Thought

Dec 7, 2009, 7:43:39 PM12/7/09
to fa...@googlegroups.com
This error occurs when the AddEmail ActiveX component that provides the
email services in Facil is not registered. It should be registered as part
of the Facil installation process, but sometimes this doesn't work. A
number of users (maybe 10% ?) have found that they had to use the
RegAddEmail.bat file after Facil installation to register the ActiveX
component.

Many other Facil users run Vista, and their Facil email either worked on
installation or, if it did not, running RegAddEmail.bat has enabled it.
Erik is the only user who has reported that RegAddEmail.bat hasn't enabled
his Facil email. I believe this problem is something specific on this
machine and is probably related to permissions in Vista.

Dave Becker

WinXP shipped with ActiveX v9 and almost positive that Vista shipped
with v10. An updated patch might have to released. Thought

Dave Becker

Dec 23, 2009, 11:04:15 AM12/23/09
to Facil Software
This problem was specific to the computer in question and was not
actually a problem in Facil although it affected Facil email.

The problem was finally fixed. According to the person who fixed it,
a Windows DLL file (scrrun.dll) was not properly registered. This
file is not part of Facil, but is part of a standard Windows
installation and is essential in certain circumstances to enable one
program to call on another - in this case enabling Facil to call the
email library. Registering scrrun.dll fixed the problem. The chances
of this happening to someone else is pretty much zero.

Dave Becker

David Moisan

Jan 7, 2010, 11:14:37 AM1/7/10
to fa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd beg to differ about "zero other machines". I had the same problem on our Vista x64 machines. Ended up registering both the AddEmail component and scrrun.dll. I'm not sure why the latter DLL needed to be reregistered, but the error went away.

Now I have to get Facil and our Exchange server to make nice but that is another thing altogether.

We will be moving the Facil clients to Windows Seven in a month or so and it will be very interesting indeed.

Dave Becker

Jan 7, 2010, 11:24:12 AM1/7/10
to Facil Software
Thanks for that info, David. So that makes two people (that I know
of) that had a problem with scrrun.dll. It may be related to using 64
bit Vista. In any case, it's easy enough to fix if scrrun.dll is the
problem and I'll be checking that if running RegAddEmail.bat doesn't
fix the problem.

Dave Becker