Any sample sites or Apps?

Tom Fflux

Nov 1, 2014, 12:25:18 PM11/1/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see working examples of sites or apps using a recent if not the latest F3 version.
I think this would help me wrap my mind around how to create a modern site.
I have a tendency to start from simple and then progress to more complex sites and apps.

Tom Fflux

Nov 2, 2014, 10:16:31 AM11/2/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
I feel your pain.
I hope that I will know what I am doing in the foreseeable future.

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:56:32 AM UTC-5, Andrew Brookes wrote:

" I have a tendency to start from simple and then progress to more complex sites and apps."

Well Tom your lucky i generally start simple and stay there, but thats just related to my    ability i guess.

However here is another site that uses f3:
http://www.expats-in-ghana.com

i wouldn't call it gods gift to design either but its fairly functional and at least every line on the site was written by hand including the blog and no frill forum.My view point would be that if someone like me who is not even an IT professional can code what you see, just think what you could do with the framework if you really know what  you are doing!

Tom Fflux

Nov 2, 2014, 10:20:46 AM11/2/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
You nailed an awesome tool that I had not realized - search GitHub with term "Fat Free Framework".
Google search seems to be getting more useless as time passes.
Thanks.

Андрей Чвалов

Nov 3, 2014, 4:06:12 AM11/3/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com

Richard G

Nov 3, 2014, 7:25:21 PM11/3/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I made a site with a backend using an older version of F3.
http://explorephilippines.org - using F3's own Template engine

This one too:
http://videowatchr.com  - using Haanga

Andrew Brookes

Nov 7, 2014, 6:06:21 AM11/7/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com

 One thing i noticed when having  look at some of the listed sites with firebug is that on some sites either the title tags were the same for every page or populated on home page but blank on other  pages. Same for keywords section.

I thought of two approaches store data in a database and retrieve and populate but in the end went for a simple class which populates data; thus now all my main pages at http://www.expats-in-ghana.com have specific title and key words, also blog-  I have to admit i have to manually create
the title data and keyword data into an array in the class as i create page but its OK for me.
Have not got around to doing it for forum yet.

stu warneski

Nov 7, 2014, 4:12:35 PM11/7/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
in our database holding web content, we use separate data columns for meta info, and simply retrieve those values into a mapper, and use a token in the appropriate place in the site template header. painless as can be.

this is v2 code but give you the main concept

    function display_detail()
    {
        /**
        * display website page detail **************************************
        * called on GET /webpage/@id/@name
        * get token values
        * get data from database
        * display a template with content
        */

        // get parameters
        $uri_page_id       = F3::get('PARAMS["id"]');
        $uri_page_name     = F3::get('PARAMS["name"]');

        // get page details from database lookup
        $page_axon = new Axon('website_pages');
        // set criteria
        $criteria = array(
                        'site_id=:site_id AND active=1 AND id=:id',
                        array(
                            ':site_id'=>'1',
                            ':id'=> $uri_page_id
                            )
                    );
        // find db records that match criteria
       $page_content = $page_axon->load($criteria);

        // if there were no records, object will be empty
        if ( $page_axon->dry() )
        {
            // log event in case it is a bad link
            Logger::write("website page detail id not found= " . $uri_page_id . ", page name= " . $uri_page_name, "data");
            // redirect to list view
            $reroute_path = '/webpages';
            F3::reroute( $reroute_path  );
        }
        else
        {   // record was found
            // if you need to do anything with records before display, do it here

            // update view count
            $page_axon->view_count++;
            //save axon
            $page_axon->save();

            // add target = _blank attributes to any links
            $pattern = "/<(a)([^>]+)>/i";
            $replacement = "<\\1 target=\"_blank\"\\2>";
            $content = $page_content->content;
            //echo $content . "<hr>";
            $content_replaced = preg_replace( $pattern, $replacement, str_replace('target="_blank"','',$content) );
            // echo $content_replaced . "<hr>";
            $page_content->content = $content_replaced;

            // assign array to F3 variable so it can be access through template
            F3::set('website_page_content', $page_content );
        }

        // set inside template value
        F3::set('template_main_content','webpage_basic_layout.html');

        // load master template
        echo $this->serve('_site_layout_master_default.html');

    } // end function display_detail

<head>
<title>{{@website_page_content.meta_title}}</title>
{{@website_page_content.meta_extra}}

Andrew Brookes

Nov 9, 2014, 7:35:11 AM11/9/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com

Interesting Stu

I have used a similar approach with route :

$f3->route('GET /@page',

function($f3)
{
$page = $f3->get('PARAMS["page"]');

}

but then i just use an associative array where $page is used as an argument to a function which basically uses an associative array linking  $page
to data of keywords in array. I.e When i create a page like "history" i just enter into array  "history"=>"Diago Azamdugaa,Portuguese,Captain Wydham",

then from $page i just use a simple switch group to match $page against entry in switch which returns keywords as a result of function & used to populate head metatags. Maybe not the most elegant way but works.

Nice to see other approaches

bcosca

Dec 15, 2014, 7:16:04 PM12/15/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
Lee Blue strikes again with his latest F3 app:  http://hurricane.io

Lennard Berger

Apr 14, 2015, 12:56:43 PM4/14/15
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
I've built a few micro-sites using F3.
Firstly I built a blog-site integrating Github markdown for a game which can be found at

My personal landing page is powered by F3 as well

Last but not least I am working on a community-site for cube based games (although the source is not public yet)

Alexandre Plennevaux

Apr 28, 2015, 6:58:30 PM4/28/15
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
I just released http://thatsthespir.it  as my first F3 project, and totally enjoyed it. Smooth learning curve, really lean framework.

ikkez

Nov 1, 2014, 2:50:37 PM11/1/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Brookes

Nov 2, 2014, 8:56:32 AM11/2/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
i have edited this because the web site that the url was quoting no longer exists so adding current site : http://www.ginbrookes.co.uk
" I have a tendency to start from simple and then progress to more complex sites and apps."

Main features are:

1) Uses twitter bootstrap to get Google off my back about sites not being mobile friendly; i use an added custom css to override some twitter css.

 2) E-commerce
 Most web sites that have E-commerce elements  seem to start with a cart system that all look the same & then try to make the web look different. I set out the web the way my wife wanted it to look (its her cosmetics) then added a simple E-commerce solution just using PayPal core PHP SDK and instantiating PayPal classes  in index.php. That way i just coded as i wanted

3) Because I only want people to buy from locations like "blighty" that i am prepared to ship to,  i'm using  live geolocation which checks where you are before allowing you to put items in the cart. Trying to use a proxy server ,still will brush you off if your not  in the location I want

4) I changed the fatfree logo to a square shape so it fits better next to twitter icons

Richard Catto

Dec 11, 2014, 8:50:40 PM12/11/14
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
You can check out http://capetownnews.co.za/

This is one of many mailing list sites I developed in PHP and recently refactored to use Fat Free.

For my design, I used bootstrap in template files.

I found learning fat free very straightforward, much easier than other frameworks I encountered. I was considering using phalcon but found it quite complex.

Munir Njiru

Jul 28, 2015, 6:59:56 AM7/28/15
to Fat-Free Framework
You can add this mini hacking tool I have done in fat free :)

bcosca

Aug 13, 2015, 3:15:40 PM8/13/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Here's an inspiration for all F3 devs out there.

It's (not just) another site built on top of F3.

Mark Friedrich

Oct 2, 2015, 2:46:37 AM10/2/15
to Fat-Free Framework
I made a "Single Page Application" based on F3 v3.5. It is a "Mapping tool" for one of the largest MMORPGs (EVE Online).

The Frontend (after log in) is full "Client Side Rendering". All data is live synced between all clients of the same "Corporation".
3rd Partie F3 extensions used:

Frontend:
- jQuery + Plugins
- RequireJs
- jsHint
- Gulp

Unfortunately you will not see much of the "magic" without having a valid game API key for registration. I made a sort video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc3jcN_jx04

Nuwanda

Oct 2, 2015, 3:07:31 AM10/2/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi, Mark

You just went with jquery for the frontend? Did you consider react or backbone, etc?

Exodus 4D

Oct 4, 2015, 10:25:23 AM10/4/15
to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com
@Nuwanda Unfortunately not, the problem ist that i have to support the "in-game-browser" as well. Which is based on a 5 year old Chromium fork. So i have to stick with an older version of jQuery as well :(
But there are plans to move the "sync" functionallity to WebSockets/WebWorker, at least for the Clients using desktop browsers.

ikkez

Oct 5, 2015, 9:40:26 AM10/5/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Wow, that project looks impressive. Really great work. One can see that you have put a lot of love into the code and the website.
I also have an EVE account, and will definitly take a closer look at pathfinder, once I find the time for some space trips :)
I'm proud to see such heavy cortex usage here. Hit me if you find anything that needs an improvement ;)

Exodus 4D

Oct 5, 2015, 2:01:08 PM10/5/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Thanks ikkez, but this project would not exist without your awesome work! ;)
I haven´t found a single bug in Cortex, the only thing I missed is the "many-to-many" bidrectional connection. But this was not a big deal.

trigger_error("not implemented");

But yeah maybe you can help. For now i publish a clean DB-dump that contains all the DB-Schema and indexes. In the future, i would like move all configuration into the Cortex models.
This would help to keep track of column changes over further release iterations. Someone pointed this out project wiki. Do you think this would work? Is there a way to configure multiple column indexes and unique columns as well in Cortex?

ikkez

Oct 6, 2015, 5:24:37 AM10/6/15
to Fat-Free Framework
You mean the "many-to-one" inverse way? yeah it's still not included... I always wondered if anyone would ever need this :D
Indeed, there is a way to add unique indexes to model fields automagically. I'll post a sample in your project wiki.

phaziz

Oct 26, 2015, 3:59:04 PM10/26/15
to Fat-Free Framework

Munir Njiru

Nov 27, 2015, 8:02:37 AM11/27/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi Check this out its a penetration testing framework for hackers done in fatfree :

http://alienwithin.github.io/OWASP-mth3l3m3nt-framework/

Joe Wild

Dec 25, 2015, 8:31:54 PM12/25/15
to Fat-Free Framework

MarcoCzen

Dec 27, 2015, 8:08:04 AM12/27/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi,

Good evening. Is the site down ?
 I am just learning F3 and have some questions for you;

1. What limitations did you discover in F3 ?
2. How did you overcome them?
3. What did you use for the front end ?
4. Possible for me to fork your code on github ?
Or possible for me to see via zip file  ? Very little working/full examples of F3.

Thanx,
Marco.

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 9:56:32 PM UTC+8, Andrew Brookes wrote:

" I have a tendency to start from simple and then progress to more complex sites and apps."

Marco Citizen

Dec 27, 2015, 9:15:59 AM12/27/15
to Joe Wild via Fat-Free Framework, Fat-Free Framework
Hahaha ... what does this site do ? Programmer's faucet ?

MarcoCzen

Dec 27, 2015, 9:40:06 AM12/27/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Nice ....

MarcoCzen

Dec 27, 2015, 10:24:29 AM12/27/15
to Fat-Free Framework
Impressive ....

Joe Wild

Dec 28, 2015, 12:00:01 AM12/28/15
to Fat-Free Framework
1) no limitations - other than its impossible to mix php code if using view Template class instead of view View class
2) i just forced my self to work with the template syntax - it does make sense after working with it for a bit
3) front end is just simple bootstrap
4) its on github - fork away
 programmers faucet is a fork of faucetbox faucetinabox api to fat free framework

John Moras

Jan 25, 2016, 1:12:40 AM1/25/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Hello I love F3 very simple and flexible this is our favourite project that we've developed using it :

Also we've developed a REST API with it

On Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 6:25:18 PM UTC+2, Tom Fflux wrote:
I would like to see working examples of sites or apps using a recent if not the latest F3 version.
I think this would help me wrap my mind around how to create a modern site.

Tobi Ololade

Jan 25, 2016, 6:37:03 PM1/25/16
to Fat-Free Framework
cool

Marco Citizen

Feb 16, 2016, 12:32:00 PM2/16/16
to Tobi Ololade via Fat-Free Framework, Fat-Free Framework
Awesome site bro !!!!

Randy Hintz

Mar 26, 2016, 10:42:25 PM3/26/16
to Fat-Free Framework
I've been working on http://mymoviecat.com for a while,and have finally opened the site for new members.  Simply put, it is a personal movie tracking website (catalog & such).
I have done something that might be unique with regards to templates on this site: The member can basically design his own list screens by choosing a layout then selecting the fields he wants to display.  The result is saved as a template file (html) in a folder unique to the member, and then that folder is included in the framework variable UI so that his custom templates are used to show content!  So the website allows the user to create his own template html files.

http://mymoviecat.com

-Randy Hintz

Nuwanda

Mar 26, 2016, 11:06:19 PM3/26/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Hmm, it's interesting that you've used third party forum software for your registration/login/recovery. Makes sense if your forums are a big part of the site.

Randy Hintz

Mar 27, 2016, 7:49:29 AM3/27/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi, thanks for the reply.
The forums are definitely a necessary part of the site.  I need an area for support, and from a user perspective, you do not want to maintain a second login for the support area, and ideally, you do not want to log in a second time either.  I could written my own authentication piece, and then used that for the forums, but I decided it made more sense to use the authentication piece from the forums since it was mature code.  I would eventually like custom make the registration and password reset pages, so that the user is not going into the forums for those steps, but as far as development items, that is way down on the list.
-Randy

tom chris

Mar 29, 2016, 8:13:30 AM3/29/16
to Fat-Free Framework
For Site and Forum Login is better to use Forum login on site.

Their is a few External Login Tutorial example vBulletin, Xenforo, phpBB

Munir Njiru

Apr 19, 2016, 7:24:34 AM4/19/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Thanks alot :)

Alper ER

May 11, 2016, 10:19:07 PM5/11/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Doyosi is based on F3 too.

Anatol Buchholz

Jun 25, 2016, 2:09:54 AM6/25/16
to Fat-Free Framework
A webshop for some friends of mine build with fatfree:

xfra35

Jun 25, 2016, 2:47:45 AM6/25/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Woaw very neat! Great work Anatol :)

Anatol Buchholz

Jun 25, 2016, 5:29:03 AM6/25/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Thanks a lot xfra. Happy you like it.
I would never got this running without Iikkez generous help on cortex!

Tobi Ololade

Jul 12, 2016, 10:36:50 AM7/12/16
to Fat-Free Framework

ikkez

Jul 12, 2016, 12:58:27 PM7/12/16
to Fat-Free Framework
awesome. really great work.

Nuwanda

Jul 13, 2016, 1:54:06 AM7/13/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Very nice.

What did you use for the cart software?

Mark Thoney

Jul 13, 2016, 6:46:00 AM7/13/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Online Classifieds site built using F3 and Smarty ( http://www.smarty.net/ ).

http://classifieds.vaildaily.com
http://classifieds.aspentimes.com
http://classifieds.nevadaappeal.com

F3 has been a fantastic framework.  Added Smarty because it is a great template engine.

Ricardo Andrade

Aug 31, 2016, 6:56:48 AM8/31/16
to Fat-Free Framework
I just released Miha.mobi, "a web app for archival management which will let you to find your documents and records using your smartphone, tablet or computer".

Website (wordpress): http://miha.mobi/
App (F3):
http://miha.mobi/login

Best Regards,

Ricardo Sodré Andrade

Tobi Ololade

Nov 2, 2016, 12:00:32 PM11/2/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Kedesa.com

Tobi Ololade

Nov 2, 2016, 12:01:37 PM11/2/16
to Fat-Free Framework
built the cart software customly

OnionStand

Nov 4, 2016, 9:52:39 AM11/4/16
to Fat-Free Framework

Travel Agency Website:

https://www.avio-karte.rs/

ikkez

Dec 7, 2016, 5:33:56 AM12/7/16
to Fat-Free Framework
updated my online job board for teachers, built for our ministry of education: https://stellen.lehrer-in-mv.de/

it includes:
* responsive frontend
* different job type modules, each with different application forms and steps
* member area
* PDF generation
* import/export and API interfaces
* simple frontend editing
* custom user notifications
* bookmarks

packed with tons of custom plugins and more, running 3.6 and it's blazing fast :)

Alexandre Plennevaux

Dec 7, 2016, 5:52:16 AM12/7/16
to ikkez via Fat-Free Framework, Fat-Free Framework
hi ikkez,

looks neat! Careful though, i'm having a SSL warning under chrome.  In case it helps, you can have free ssl certificates via letsencrypt.

This page is insecure (broken HTTPS).
SHA-1 Certificate
The certificate for this site expires in 2017 or later, and the certificate chain contains a certificate signed using SHA-1.

--
-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups group. To post to this group, send an email to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to f3-framework+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/f3-framework?hl=en
---

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/f3-framework.

ikkez

Dec 7, 2016, 6:15:50 AM12/7/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Oh thanks for the hint, I haven't noticed this yet. Unfortunately I have no control about the whole hosting for this project, but I'll tell the guys who cares about such things. thanks ;)

Nail

Dec 7, 2016, 10:54:33 AM12/7/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Gateway GEO-IP Alert

This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Geo IP Service.
Country Name:Russian Federation.

))))

Mike Miller

Dec 9, 2016, 3:46:25 AM12/9/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Since I discovered F3, I am using it a lot, in smaller and bigger projects.
Unfortunately I can't disclose the URLs but one project I built with F3 is used by a well known multi billion company.
It is a content sharing site where users upload content and can share among various events.

After months it became a very complex / big app but I am happy how it works and thanks to F3 it is fun to work on this project.
I just wish my coworkers could share my love but they are lazy to learn it.. even if it is the easiest php Frameworks to learn in my opinion.

Mike.-

Summer White

Dec 19, 2016, 12:56:14 AM12/19/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Are they php developers normally? Do they understand the basic features of PHP frameworks such as routing?

F3 was my first framework I used that I felt comfortable with and taught me everything about php frameworks. I understand other frameworks a lot better because of F3.

How freaking hard is it to learn. I feel your pain f3bro

karthick b

Dec 29, 2016, 1:47:47 PM12/29/16
to Fat-Free Framework
Anatol,

After many unsuccessful attempts, I really now have a website that is capable of working in the harsh real world.

amruthonline.in  - A online food ordering website

- multiple locations
- shopping cart
- menu robot that decides the menu based on the time of the day (uses cron)
- shared hosting environment

Anatol

Jan 5, 2017, 6:39:56 AM1/5/17
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi karthick!

great you did it! Congrats!
(I only visited Kolkata, looking at you´re website I´m getting hungry yen to see distant indian places)

All the best,

– anatol

pannet1

Jan 5, 2017, 2:28:26 PM1/5/17
to Fat-Free Framework on behalf of Anatol

Dear Anatol,

Thanks once again. Never knew you visited India.

Haha. Come soon. I will serve you my favorite vegan food.

Cheers.

--
-- You've received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups group. To post to this group, send an email to f3-fra...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to f3-framework...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/f3-framework?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Fat-Free Framework" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/f3-framework.

Richard

Jan 17, 2017, 4:53:03 PM1/17/17
to Fat-Free Framework
Hi all,

Just finished this one - http://instafeedr.com
Comments welcome!

Ricardo Andrade

Feb 5, 2017, 11:53:27 AM2/5/17
to Fat-Free Framework
With problems in CSS but alive: https://map.arquivista.net (the Archivist World Map)

Diego Cano Lagneaux

Apr 10, 2017, 5:13:27 AM4/10/17
to Fat-Free Framework
This a small webapp I've developed to manage my friends' BloodBowl league. We're using it currently and I'm still fixing bugs or adding features, but it works.

Azrul Azwar

Apr 12, 2017, 1:29:13 AM4/12/17
to Fat-Free Framework
I've created framework on top of F3. F3 is perfect pair for jqGrid.

http://soft.fuwafuwa.info/demo/ (in Indonesian, sorry)

Bellegueulle Damien

May 14, 2017, 11:21:25 AM5/14/17
to Fat-Free Framework