Trump just begged me for money

John Clark

May 23, 2024, 6:33:33 AMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
You may have noticed, from a few subtle hints I may have given off, that I am not a big fan of Donald Trump, so I was a bit surprised that I got a letter in the snail mail from him begging me to give him money. It included an envelope that required no stamp but suggested I put on a stamp anyway so poor little Donnie Trump wouldn't have to pay for the postage. After some deep contemplation I decided NOT to give him any money. I did however mail the envelope and did so without putting a stamp on it. The envelope contained nothing but a piece of paper about the size of a check that said the following:

"Trump is a billionaire and the son of a billionaire, so why does he need my money? Trump is also a traitor a sex offender and a LOSER !"

It was a very small gesture but it did make me feel a little better.

!*#

Brent Allsop

May 23, 2024, 6:48:17 AMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
lol.
Yea, I've been surprised to receive things like this on occasion.  I always thought it was because I lived in a Trump State like Utah. ;(

Keith Henson

May 23, 2024, 5:13:45 PMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 3:48 AM Brent Allsop <brent....@gmail.com> wrote:

> lol.
> Yea, I've been surprised to receive things like this on occasion. I always thought it was because I lived in a Trump State like Utah. ;(

I find it odd that Trump gets support from "religious" people. I
don't think Trump's moral and ethical behavior is the sort they would
approve of. Not that I am down on porn stars ...

Keith
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/extropolis/CAK7-onsBFj71T7yv7AgMt7t5xQDzq1AcmnwJbxQMMvBuVfx7hg%40mail.gmail.com.

ilsa

May 23, 2024, 7:38:25 PMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
Trump appeals to the Religious Right peoples' Hell and Brimstone side!
They can think they are wonderful human beings why they slither in the gutter with their leader God anti-Semitism is on the rise.

ilsa

Lawrence Crowell

May 23, 2024, 8:19:43 PMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 4:13 PM Keith Henson <hkeith...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 3:48 AM Brent Allsop <brent....@gmail.com> wrote:

> lol.
> Yea, I've been surprised to receive things like this on occasion.  I always thought it was because I lived in a Trump State like Utah. ;(

I find it odd that Trump gets support from "religious" people.  I
don't think Trump's moral and ethical behavior is the sort they would
approve of.  Not that I am down on porn stars ...

Keith

Religious activity and its leaders have rarely been examples of high minded ethics. This is particularly when religious action is assuming more power.

LC
Christian impaling of women during Charlemagne.jpg

> On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 4:33 AM John Clark <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You may have noticed, from a few subtle hints I may have given off, that I am not a big fan of Donald Trump, so I was a bit surprised that I got a letter in the snail mail from him begging me to give him money. It included an envelope that required no stamp but suggested I put on a stamp anyway so poor little Donnie Trump wouldn't have to pay for the postage. After some deep contemplation I decided NOT to give him any money. I did however mail the envelope and did so without putting a stamp on it. The envelope contained nothing but a piece of paper about the size of a check that said the following:
>>
>> "Trump is a billionaire and the son of a billionaire, so why does he need my money? Trump is also a traitor a sex offender and a LOSER !"
>>
>> It was a very small gesture but it did make me feel a little better.
>> John K Clark    See what's on my new list at  Extropolis
>>
>> !*#

Lawrence Crowell

May 23, 2024, 8:23:00 PMMay 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
You let them off light. I have spare bricks from a past building project and when I get things like this from a group I totally despise, I wrap a brick or two in a package and attach the return envelope.

LC

Henry Rivera, PsyD

May 24, 2024, 10:21:18 AMMay 24
to extro...@googlegroups.com
The extreme religious right, which now goes by the name the New Apostolic Reformation, is seeking a formal Christian nation in the US. They want to realize The Handmaid’s Tale, which I find frightening. This is a major shift from 25+ years ago when the religious right did not see a role for themselves in formal politics nor did they think it was appropriate. Regarding Trump, they are pragmatic and seeking any way to advance their anti-abortion, anti-woman, anti-diversity agenda. They have said that Trump is a means to an end, that even if he is a flawed human, the ends justify the means and are worth turning a blind eye to his “indiscretions.” Thus they see Trump as “God’s chosen leader” despite his obvious non-Christian ways. Trump is similarly using them.

Great insight about this inconsistency is in this interview from 3 months ago with Tim Alberta, a Christian journalist who wrote a book on this topic https://youtu.be/OwqAs99nPo0

-Henry

John Clark

May 24, 2024, 3:49:07 PMMay 24
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 8:19 PM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com> wrote:

Religious activity and its leaders have rarely been examples of high minded ethics. This is particularly when religious action is assuming more power.

LC
Christian impaling of women during Charlemagne.jpg

 Yeah, Christians can be real charmers!  And Supreme Court justice Alito flew the "Appeal to Heaven” flag outside of his beach house in New Jersey, the symbol of a far right wing group of Republicans that want to turn the nation into a Christian theocracy, not to mention the upside down American flag he flew at his other house, the symbol of the unsuccessful January 6 coup d'état. If Aledo or Clarence Thomas (whose wife was part of the January 6 mob) had any ethics they would recuse themselves from any case involving Trump or January 6 that came before the court, but of course they have none so they won't.

And the most depressing thing of all is that it now seems almost inevitable that during the Singularity meat grinder, the most critical time in the entire history of the human race, the most powerful man alive will be an imbecile and congenital liar who is best friends with Vladimir Putin and who wants to turn the country into a "Unified Reich"

image.png

John K Clark

Lawrence Crowell

May 25, 2024, 8:50:27 AMMay 25