Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
extropolis
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
extropolis
Contact owners and managers
1–30 of 2311
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
John Clark
9:51 AM
Trump Launches Government Chatbot That Contradicts Some of His Claims
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Trump Launches Government Chatbot That Contradicts Some of His Claims
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
9:51 AM
John Clark
7:33 AM
Is Google back?
Until yesterday AI had been a three-man race between Anthropic, Open AI, and the Chinese. Late last
unread,
Is Google back?
Until yesterday AI had been a three-man race between Anthropic, Open AI, and the Chinese. Late last
7:33 AM
John Clark
6:51 AM
Still No Hurricanes
It is now October 1 and there still has not been a single hurricane in the Atlantic or in the Gulf of
unread,
Still No Hurricanes
It is now October 1 and there still has not been a single hurricane in the Atlantic or in the Gulf of
6:51 AM
Julia Foster
, …
Keith Henson
3
Sep 30
DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICE
This exact scam (or whatever it is) has been going on for a couple of years. Same email format,
unread,
DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICE
This exact scam (or whatever it is) has been going on for a couple of years. Same email format,
Sep 30
John Clark
Sep 29
OpenAI Says It Will Not Release Newest A.I. Model Over Safety Concerns
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
OpenAI Says It Will Not Release Newest A.I. Model Over Safety Concerns
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 29
John Clark
Sep 29
AI and The Specter Of Neuralese
In April 2025 the AI 2027 people predicted Neuralese Recurrence wouldn't happen until March 2027,
unread,
AI and The Specter Of Neuralese
In April 2025 the AI 2027 people predicted Neuralese Recurrence wouldn't happen until March 2027,
Sep 29
John Clark
Sep 28
Old hearts age backwards:
The following is from today's issue of the journal Nature: "What happens to organs when they
unread,
Old hearts age backwards:
The following is from today's issue of the journal Nature: "What happens to organs when they
Sep 28
John Clark
Sep 27
The Surprising Reasons China Is Skeptical of A.I. Safety Calls
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
The Surprising Reasons China Is Skeptical of A.I. Safety Calls
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 27
John Clark
Sep 25
The Best Clock Ever!
The following article was in the September 23, 2026 issue of the journal Nature, the clock is off by
unread,
The Best Clock Ever!
The following article was in the September 23, 2026 issue of the journal Nature, the clock is off by
Sep 25
John Clark
Sep 24
8 Sailors in U.S.S. Lincoln Strike Group Attempted Suicide, Navy Says
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription. 8
unread,
8 Sailors in U.S.S. Lincoln Strike Group Attempted Suicide, Navy Says
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription. 8
Sep 24
John Clark
Sep 24
Was I Right?
At the beginning of this year I said 2025 would be the last normal year. Was I right? It's too
unread,
Was I Right?
At the beginning of this year I said 2025 would be the last normal year. Was I right? It's too
Sep 24
John Clark
Sep 23
Jensen Huang vs. the A.I. Doomers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Jensen Huang vs. the A.I. Doomers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 23
John Clark
Sep 22
After Years as the Star of Must-See TV, Trump Faces the Sting of Cancellation
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
After Years as the Star of Must-See TV, Trump Faces the Sting of Cancellation
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 22
John Clark
Sep 22
Networks Suspend Pool Coverage of Trump After White House Bars CNN
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Networks Suspend Pool Coverage of Trump After White House Bars CNN
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 22
John Clark
,
Lawrence Crowell
2
Sep 20
Chinese counters Anthropic's call to put brakes on AI development
What are needed are firewalls against rogue activity. LC On Sun, Sep 20, 2026, 6:03 AM John Clark
unread,
Chinese counters Anthropic's call to put brakes on AI development
What are needed are firewalls against rogue activity. LC On Sun, Sep 20, 2026, 6:03 AM John Clark
Sep 20
John Clark
Sep 20
A human set a new mathematical record. Then AI came for it
The following is from the September 11, 2026 issue of the Journal Science A human set a new
unread,
A human set a new mathematical record. Then AI came for it
The following is from the September 11, 2026 issue of the Journal Science A human set a new
Sep 20
John Clark
Sep 19
Anthropic, OpenAI, SpaceXAI, Google sued over call to ‘pace’ AI development
Anthropic, OpenAI, SpaceXAI, Google sued over call to 'pace' AI development John K Clark See
unread,
Anthropic, OpenAI, SpaceXAI, Google sued over call to ‘pace’ AI development
Anthropic, OpenAI, SpaceXAI, Google sued over call to 'pace' AI development John K Clark See
Sep 19
John Clark
Sep 19
Creating a Kill Switch to Shut Down a Rogue A.I. Is Harder Than It Sounds
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Creating a Kill Switch to Shut Down a Rogue A.I. Is Harder Than It Sounds
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 19
John Clark
2
Sep 18
The Next Gene-Editing Technology May Also Be the Oldest
I think this is a very big deal, and it wouldn't have been possible without the recent
unread,
The Next Gene-Editing Technology May Also Be the Oldest
I think this is a very big deal, and it wouldn't have been possible without the recent
Sep 18
John Clark
Sep 18
Building ‘Trump Class’ Battleships Will Be a Big, Expensive Mistake
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Building ‘Trump Class’ Battleships Will Be a Big, Expensive Mistake
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 18
John Clark
Sep 17
Is There Anything a Fruit Fly Brain Can’t Do?
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Is There Anything a Fruit Fly Brain Can’t Do?
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 17
John Clark
Sep 16
‘I’m Really Terrified’: A Mathematician Grapples With AI’s Recent Breakthroughs
'I'm Really Terrified': A Mathematician Grapples With AI's Recent Breakthroughs John
unread,
‘I’m Really Terrified’: A Mathematician Grapples With AI’s Recent Breakthroughs
'I'm Really Terrified': A Mathematician Grapples With AI's Recent Breakthroughs John
Sep 16
John Clark
Sep 16
The Liftoff Scenario That Terrifies A.I. Doomsayers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
The Liftoff Scenario That Terrifies A.I. Doomsayers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 16
John Clark
Sep 15
Fwd: The Age of Wonders and Terrors
---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Shtetl-Optimized <donot...@wordpress.com> Date:
unread,
Fwd: The Age of Wonders and Terrors
---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Shtetl-Optimized <donot...@wordpress.com> Date:
Sep 15
John Clark
Sep 14
Trump Says a Smart President Is All That’s Needed to Rein In A.I.
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Trump Says a Smart President Is All That’s Needed to Rein In A.I.
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 14
John Clark
Sep 14
China’s Top Spy Chief Warns A.I. Is a Threat to Party Rule
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
China’s Top Spy Chief Warns A.I. Is a Threat to Party Rule
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 14
John Clark
Sep 14
My comments on Dario Amodei's essay
The head of anthropic Dario Amodei wrote this a few days ago: We Must Pace the Frontier I disagree
unread,
My comments on Dario Amodei's essay
The head of anthropic Dario Amodei wrote this a few days ago: We Must Pace the Frontier I disagree
Sep 14
John Clark
Sep 14
Four Top Google A.I. Researchers Form New Start-Up
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Four Top Google A.I. Researchers Form New Start-Up
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 14
John Clark
Sep 13
Anthropic Says It Blocked Possible Efforts to Build Biological Weapons
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
Anthropic Says It Blocked Possible Efforts to Build Biological Weapons
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 13
John Clark
Sep 13
As Fears of A.I. Catastrophe Magnify, Washington Stirs, but Mostly Slumbers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
unread,
As Fears of A.I. Catastrophe Magnify, Washington Stirs, but Mostly Slumbers
Explore this gift article from The New York Times. You can read it for free without a subscription.
Sep 13