Donald Trump, convicted felon

John Clark

May 30, 2024, 7:09:59 PMMay 30
to extro...@googlegroups.com, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
I guess Republicans are now planning to move the oval office from the White House to a penitentiary.

wxx

ilsa

May 30, 2024, 7:46:49 PMMay 30
to extro...@googlegroups.com
As a convicted felon can he even vote?
Smile, ilsa

Will Steinberg

May 30, 2024, 8:19:32 PMMay 30
to extro...@googlegroups.com
If they jail him it will make him more likely to win.  People continue to misunderstand the sociopolitical environment

Dan TheBookMan

May 30, 2024, 8:45:31 PMMay 30
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On May 30, 2024, at 4:46 PM, ilsa <ilsa.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a convicted felon can he even vote?
> Smile, ilsa

I believe it depends on the jurisdiction. I believe he won’t be able to vote in NY now — presuming he doesn’t overturn his appeal. And maybe that might apply to Florida — which I believe is where he now resides and would vote.

Regards,

Dan

John Clark

May 31, 2024, 8:31:14 AMMay 31
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 8:19 PM Will Steinberg <steinbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

If they jail him it will make him more likely to win.

I could be wrong, I'm not very good at predicting what my fellow Americans will do, but I don't think that's true. Anybody stupid enough to vote for Trump because he's a jailbird is already stupid enough to vote for Trump. But I realize it's very unlikely that Donnie will ever spend a day in jail, the Supreme Court will make sure of that. Trump owns 5 of the 9 members of the Supreme Court, the three stooges that Trump appointed plus Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas who have made it very clear that they approve of the January 6 unsuccessful coup d'état. And the Supremes have already made sure that the Fulton County Georgia voter fraud case against Trump will never go to trial before the November election, and another Trump appointed judge has made sure that the stolen classified documents case against Trump will also never go to trial before the election. And if Trump wins the election both those trials will vanish into nonexistence.

Nevertheless I'd love to see Trump at least sentenced to prison even if he never ends up spending any time there.

People continue to misunderstand the sociopolitical environment

Do you have a history of understanding the sociopolitical environment well enough to have made accurate predictions? I certainly haven't, when Trump first announced he was running for the presidency in 2015 I just thought it was a joke and didn't realize I was facing a real existential threat until months later. However I did get one thing right, on October 20 2016  on the Extropian List I predicted that if Trump won the presidential election that was coming up in just a few weeks then something like January 6 was going to happen sometime in January 2021.

John K Clark