Claude 3.5 sonnet

John Clark

Jun 21, 2024, 7:51:55 PM (8 days ago) Jun 21
to extro...@googlegroups.com, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
Yesterday some people were saying that the improvement in large language models had reached a wall, but they can't say that today because Claude 3.5 Sonnet came out today and it beats GPT-4o on most benchmarks. But the really amazing thing is that it's MUCH smaller than GPT-4o and thus much faster and much cheaper to operate. The company that makes it  Anthropic, says they will come out with their far larger version, Claude 3.5 Opus, sometime later this year. I think it's going to be amazing.

g5a

SR Ballard

Jun 22, 2024, 12:13:29 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to extro...@googlegroups.com
It certainly writes non-fiction prose better than ChatGPT, I’ll say that much.

SR Ballard

John Clark

Jun 23, 2024, 7:07:56 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to extro...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 12:13 PM SR Ballard <sen....@gmail.com> wrote:

It certainly writes non-fiction prose better than ChatGPT, I’ll say that much.
 SR Ballard

The various AI benchmarks indicate that Claude 3.5 SONNET is better than GPT4o at almost everything (see below)  but for me the most amazing thing about it is that GPT4o  managed to be better even though it's FAR smaller. AIs are not just getting smarter, they're getting more efficient.  Anthropic says they will come out with the much larger Claude 3.5 OPUS sometime this year, if it's half as efficient as SONNET it's going to be amazing; it could be Artificial General Intelligence, maybe even Artificial Super Intelligence.
image.png
  John K Clark