Quantum Computer recommendations

John Clark

May 31, 2023, 8:03:48 AM5/31/23
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
I like to read what Scott Aaronson has to say about Quantum Computers because he is one of the world's greatest experts on the subject and is the first to reject overhyped claims about advances in the field, so I respect his recommendations. It has recently become clear that Aaronson doesn't think much of of Michio Kaku in general or his most recent book "Quantum Supremacy" in particular, in fact it's hard to see how he could have more contempt for it.I don't think I've ever seen a more negative review by anyone about anything.  Aaronson saved me some money because I was almost ready to buy the book:

However Aaronson DID recommend a short YouTube video and if he recommends it I figure it must be pretty good and contain no bullshit so I watched it, and he's right, it's the clearest explanation of how a Quantum Computer canuse Shor's factoring algorithm to find the prime factors in huge numbers and break most modern public key cryptographic systems that I know of:

qsv