Quantum Computers

John Clark

Jul 15, 2024, 4:29:12 PM (8 days ago) Jul 15
to extro...@googlegroups.com, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
The reason we don't have large practical Quantum Computers today is because they make too many errors, there are quantum error correcting algorithms but for them to correct more errors than they cause the hardware needs to be 99.99% accurate in the way they handle two-qubit maximally entangled states. It looks like we're getting close, a UK company called "Oxford Ionics" has achieved 99.97% accuracy.

Some say that Ray Kurzweil's predictions in his new book are too wild to be true, but Kurzweil made all those predictions under the assumption that Quantum Computers will never become practical, but if he's wrong about that then.... then I have no idea what the future is going to be like, except that it's going to make American politics and the extinction of democracy look pretty trivial.

cqw