Carl Sagan Predicted The Mess 2021 Would Be 25 years Ago

John Clark

Sep 16, 2021, 11:41:33 AM9/16/21
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

Brent Meeker

Sep 16, 2021, 3:51:43 PM9/16/21
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Except if you actually remember 1996  all those negative situations he "foresees" had already happened or, as he notes, are well under way.  Worry that industry was offshoring and we were losing manufacturing to Japan and Asia had been a political talking point for 10yrs.  And it's ironic that the complaint about 10min sound bites was in a 4min sound bite.

I don't know any statistics on about their viewership, but there are wonderful, informative lectures by really, really smart people on the internet: Sean Carroll's Mindscape interviews as well as his own lectures.  Nick Lane's talks on abiogenesis. Ian Shapiro on recent history.  Wolff v. Friedman debates.  These are hours long.   And there are even good sound bites.  Veritasium has scientific thought-bites.

Brent