NYTimes.com: China Says Chatbots Must Toe the Party Line

John Clark

Apr 25, 2023, 8:25:30 AM4/25/23
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 28, 2023, 9:14:39 PM4/28/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Chatbots will be operated as the CCP has done from it's inception, as a tool or oppression, and spying. First and foremost on it's own serfs, and later, if permitted, upon the rest of us. Remember, the greatest human induced killing in human history was Mao's Great Leap Forward 1958-1962. 45 million dead of starvation, all done from bad agricultural planning by the CCP. Ooops! A mistake!

John Clark

Apr 29, 2023, 7:49:23 AM4/29/23
to spudb...@aol.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 9:14 PM <spudb...@aol.com> wrote

 > the greatest human induced killing in human history was Mao's Great Leap Forward 1958-1962. 45 million dead of starvation, all done from bad agricultural planning by the CCP.

True. For a few years after the death of chairman Mao China started moving in the right direction, but now Xi is trying to take his country back to the bad old days.

> Chatbots will be operated as the CCP has done from it's inception, as a tool or oppression, and spying. First and foremost on it's own serfs, and later, if permitted, upon the rest of us.

China is way behind the US in the field of Artificial Intelligence and unless it makes a radical change in its political system that gap will only increase. The same thing is true for microelectronics. China should be embarrassed that a small island country just off its coast, Taiwan with a population of only 23 million (smaller than China's largest city) and with the same language and culture but a very different political/economic system, is a microelectronics Superpower but China, with a population of 1.4 billion, is a virtual non-entity in that field.

ynq

spudb...@aol.com

Apr 29, 2023, 2:48:58 PM4/29/23
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Xi is basing his politics on Gorbachev and the Soviets. He wants the party to avoid destruction by crushing the middle class internally, and yes, killing America. Not economically, but with nuclear warheads and a continental invasion, eventually.

Ai for Xi is a method for controlling the population and commanding drones to attack the US.

That's all.

>Xi is basing his politics on Gorbachev and the Soviets. He wants the party to avoid destruction by crushing the middle class internally,

OK.

> and yes, killing America. Not economically, but with nuclear warheads and a continental invasion,

So you believe Xi is monumentally stupid. I don't.
tve