Two Chinese Supercomputers Break ​the ​Exascale Barrier​ a year ahead of the US ​

John Clark

Oct 28, 2021, 6:15:50 AM10/28/21
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
I'm not too worried about the new Chinese hypersonic weapon, but I am a bit worried about this. True, it's not that great if you look at it as the number of computations it can perform per watt of energy usedand they seem to have gotten to that level of performance by brute force, by just making existing systems bigger rather than by using a new computer architecture, but still ....

chx