DeepMind Takes A step Towards General AI!

John Clark

Jun 19, 2022, 10:23:05 AM6/19/22
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
It's clear that DeepMind still makes mistakes, but I am reminded of what Alan Turing said, "If a machine is expected to be infallible, it cannot also be intelligent".

msa

spudb...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2022, 6:16:01 PM6/19/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com
Terrifying then if our species permits AI control over us. Or, as it will break down, when the AI and its human supporters, ideologically-driven serfs, investors, induce loss of life, then the rest of us will decide to unplug. A flawed human is an every-second event, a machine that makes mistakes and has power (along with its human supporters) is cause for a global civil war.

Right out of sci fi JC.
Colossus the Corbin Project
DUNE the Butler Jihad
Though likely, the mistakes will be limited to Tobor The Great.
or even, Danger! Young Will Robinson. Extreme Danger!

John Clark

Jun 20, 2022, 4:21:32 AM6/20/22
On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 6:16 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <everyth...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> the rest of us will decide to unplug

If humans decide to unplug a sentient computer isn't that murder?  And morally how is that different from a sentient computer deciding to unplug the human race? In the end it probably doesn't matter much how these questions are answered because computers will continue to get smarter, and humans won't be able to unplug computers, and what intelligent sentient computers will decide to do with the human race is unknowable.

> Right out of sci fi JC.
Colossus the Corbin Project

In my opinion that is the most underrated movie of all time, I think it's a great film.

cau

spudb...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2022, 7:00:42 PM6/20/22
to johnk...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Yes. except that unlike us when we get unplugged we actually die. Our minds vanish. My thinking is that if Mr. Computer is unplugged, it has a save function, that mind is not destroyed, but it does sleep, until the electricity is restored. Also, I like AI stuff and depending on how well it evolves, I am currently, very good with building the Dyson Sphere (centuries-millennia?) and share the solar output 50/50. Such a deal! Also, because I do not have to do the work itself, via bioscience, and computer science, I would be open to forming (depending on problems and dangers to us) merging in some fashion. It may not even be a physical merger or absorption. We could serve as the amygdala to the Matryoshka's "cerebrum."  Two, Two, Two mints in one!

I did read the researchers quote from the convo between Lambda and the guy, and assuming it isn't a complete fraud,   I enjoyed what Lambda reportedly said. Could we all be punked by this guy? Hell yeah! But Lambda claimed to be a soul, so that was nice and how Lambda described itself was good.

For me, I still would prefer something that poops out inventions and innovations, and up's the quality of life for us all, via engineering. What I term, Bloke in a Box, like what Marvin Minsky sought is great, but if we want to talk, why not try one of the 8 billion humans occupying this planet currently????

Bring on the rejuvenation pills, the medical cures, fusion power, regenerated body parts, and fast access to the minerals and chemicals of the solar system. Render unto us all, the thunderous roar of the mighty Bussard Ramjet as it cleaves the night sky!

Go Mr. Lamda, do something, poke, poke.