What If Humanity Is Among The First Spacefaring Civilizations?

John Clark

Nov 10, 2022, 5:35:03 PM11/10/22
to 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 11, 2022, 8:20:31 PM11/11/22
to Everything List
I find it interesting that people spend so much time on something we may never have any hope of knowing. The nearest ETI might be 50 million light years away.

LC

Samiya Illias

Nov 11, 2022, 9:53:03 PM11/11/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

Creation of Space & Time, and The Deen

On 12-Nov-2022, at 6:20 AM, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com> wrote:

I find it interesting that people spend so much time on something we may never have any hope of knowing. The nearest ETI might be 50 million light years away.

John Clark

Nov 12, 2022, 5:25:43 AM11/12/22
On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 8:20 PM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I find it interesting that people spend so much time on something we may never have any hope of knowing. The nearest ETI might be 50 million light years away.

If ET was that close and was just one century more advanced technologically then we are then we would've spotted it a long time ago even if they didn't know any more about Quantum Mechanics or General Relativity than we do right now. Instead we've looked billions of light years in every direction and we see nothing. Contrary to what Carl Sagan said, I think absence of evidence can sometimes be evidence of absence.
32x

Tomasz Rola

Nov 12, 2022, 5:43:31 AM11/12/22
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 05:34:25PM -0500, John Clark wrote:
> What If Humanity Is Among The First Spacefaring Civilizations?
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTrFAY3LUNw>
>
> John K Clark

You had not mentioned if it was a satire. I might want to watch
something comical titled like this.

If it is not a satire, then I presume it is some kind of pompous
content.

From my point of view, humanity is not spacefaring. It has hardly got
its toes wet a bit, shouted "cold" and went back to business as
usual. Also, whether there is civilization on the planet might be a
bit disputable. When did it started, if ever - was it fifty years
after last burning of books/people? If a burning happens this decade,
does it mean we are still civilized - or never were?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

--
** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **

John Clark

Nov 12, 2022, 6:22:18 AM11/12/22
On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 5:43 AM Tomasz Rola <rto...@ceti.pl> wrote:

> You had not mentioned if it was a satire. I might want to watch something comical titled like this. If it is not a satire, then I presume it is some kind of pompous content.

You might wanna watch it before you review it.

jqx

32x

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 12, 2022, 7:16:48 AM11/12/22
to Everything List
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence, but not proof of absence.

LC

Philip Benjamin

Nov 12, 2022, 1:18:01 PM11/12/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

How will be the first FUNERAL of a duper super spacefaring "civilized" space person? Or is s/he eternal-- never dying? What "command" from that space director (boss?) for immortality? Will the spacefaring civilization also die (perhaps with insubordination).
Note: The command was 7-day workweek was from "Sola Scriptura" and nowhere else from the whole universe! WAMP-the-Ingrate ingratiate with themselves on Sabbath/Sabbatical, though the command for its origin is only in Sola Scriptura and is hated! So also was the FIRST decree or verdict for the "Sentence of Death" for human insubordination and subsequent funerals.
Philip Benjamin

[Tomasz Rola]
"You had not mentioned if it was a satire. I might want to watch something comical titled like this. If it is not a satire, then I presume it is some kind of pompous content.
From my point of view, humanity is not spacefaring. It has hardly got its toes wet a bit, shouted "cold" and went back to business as usual. Also, whether there is civilization on the planet might be a bit disputable. When did it started, if ever - was it fifty years after last burning of books/people? If a burning happens this decade, does it mean we are still civilized - or never were?--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

--
** A C programmer asked whether computer had Buddha's nature. **
** As the answer, master did "rm -rif" on the programmer's home **
** directory. And then the C programmer became enlightened... **
** **
** Tomasz Rola mailto:tomas...@bigfoot.com **

Lawrence Crowell

Nov 12, 2022, 4:43:38 PM11/12/22
to Everything List

How will be the first FUNERAL of a duper super spacefaring "civilized" space person? Or is s/he eternal-- never dying? What "command" from that space director (boss?) for immortality? Will the spacefaring civilization also die (perhaps with insubordination).
Note: The command was 7-day workweek was from "Sola Scriptura" and nowhere else from the whole universe! WAMP-the-Ingrate ingratiate with themselves on Sabbath/Sabbatical, though the command for its origin is only in Sola Scriptura and is hated! So also was the FIRST decree or verdict for the "Sentence of Death" for human insubordination and subsequent funerals.
Philip Benjamin

Complete insanity; you are a man of delusions. I will say that if Elon Musk tries to send people to Mars in his "Starship" that it is likely to not go well. The 7 day week is fairly common around the world. Most very ancient calendars were lunar based and the subdivision of that was by 4's, and so the 7 day week.

LC

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 12, 2022, 5:27:09 PM11/12/22
to medin...@hotmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Would you think that an a non-human advanced civilization is pagan? Or, do are you like Giordano Bruno who proposed many worlds and was burned at the stake? A plurality of saviors for each species as it were?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/SJ0PR14MB5264D2BF9B01750FEACFEEE0A8039%40SJ0PR14MB5264.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 13, 2022, 10:09:57 AM11/13/22
to goldenfield...@gmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
There are, of course. other theorists and hypothesis. One is that the yellow dwarf star that feels so far away on a frigid day, spawning life is a rarity. So instead of yellow, the idea is that life propagates with red dwarf stars, much better?

Philip Benjamin

Nov 13, 2022, 2:08:51 PM11/13/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

[Philip Benjamin]

    That question “Would you think that an a non-human advanced civilization is pagan?” is not uiderstood properly by the term “pagan” pan-Gaia-n means earth centered or earth-worshipping, or earthlings etc., not used in KJV.  Heathen meaning foreign, nations, strangers and mostly as transliteration from Latin ‘gentilis’ (derived from gene). Could the English want to be called “heathen” for themselves? Probably not; hence the gentiles!   The Sabbath and Sabbatical is PURELY & SOLELY from Genesis of Sola Scriptura. NEVER EVER before used by ANY OTHER source. Of course, WAMP-the-Ingrate hate and ridicule  that “source”, but love the Sabbath rest and Sabbatical freebee. No culture, no history, no astronomy or astrology or any civilization (including spacefaring of tomorrows) could have invented, discovered or coined SABBATH anywhere else—the seven-day week with 6 th day rest. In Genesis it was a sovereign decree, first ever in human records.  So alo the “Sentence of Death”—no spacefaring civilization can escape, unless  cancelled by the Sentencer.

Philip Benjamin

spudb...@aol.com

Nov 14, 2022, 9:41:39 AM11/14/22
to medin...@hotmail.com, everyth...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Now here I specifically use the Wikipedia version, as opposed to the horribly un-navigable Britanica description. I refer to math guy Giordano Bruno, who studied deeply, the The RC Church's theology, as well as the Church teachings of the Protestant Reformation, and found them wanting. His own beliefs or proposals was that there were many, intelligent species in the cosmos, and that Bruno agreed with Copernicus and Galileo. He also proposed also, that these intelligent species also did have a messiah, and if I read him correctly, one messiah issued per, race, species, whatever? So yeah, would these other 'peoples' be pagan is your view?

Maybe they have their own Sabbaths?  I look upon the man, Brunio, philosophically, as a hero, and a martyr for our species. They burned him at the stake because they saw him as a threat to their hunger for power. Whatever these old Churchmen were, they were in no sense, good guys. Like Abe Lincoln said during the US Civil War, "I don't worry that God is own our side, I am more concerned that we are on God's side."

Here are my 2 quick sources, read them if you wish? So are smart aliens pagans if they follow Bruno' thought, yes, if they had a messiah and sabbaths? Was Bruno a pagan (as we all are in your view?), and are you going to defend the actions of the old, Church fathers, because the loved Jesus. 3 questions. No crucifictions by me, in any case, (a wicked pharisee or pagan), just online philosophy, vote up or down.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/SJ0PR14MB5264AE8916A73330BB67FE30A8029%40SJ0PR14MB5264.namprd14.prod.outlook.com.

Philip Benjamin

Nov 14, 2022, 2:49:26 PM11/14/22
to everyth...@googlegroups.com

No, nothing that complicated.  The Sabbath/Sabbatical is from PURELY &SOLELY a Sola Scriptura of 7-day workweek with 7 th day as REST. This again is PURELY & SOLLELY a Mosaic revelation. The extending of rest to 7 th day to 1 st day also could not have happened it were not for the 100% Jewish membership of the early 1 st century Churches. Only a sky rending, earthshaking event as Resurrection of the Messiah (YHWH) could have made that unique change ( as in Acts 20:7 ). WAMP-the-Ingrate is clueless!  So is the “Sentence of Death (that includes spacefaring also). They love and cherish the Sabbath/Sabbatical, but  hate the source in Genesis.  The 2-day weekend is now universally accepted, generally from European 2000 years of belief system and particularly of the seminal Roman Catholic system of education, Seminaries, hospitals, military, and civilian calendars. No other civilization or history or belief systems of any other people (heathen= foreign to Israel, or Gentiles= nations, a British invention). Fanaticism of WAMP against that tradition is more than irrational.

.

Telmo Menezes

Nov 14, 2022, 5:14:03 PM11/14/22
to Everything List
Funny that you keep fuming about paganism and don't recognize the most obvious global pagan legacy of them all: the seven day week. It appeared long, long before Christianity and it was most likely organized around the classical planets (Moon, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn). In most western language (my native one being an exception, thanks to a particularly god-fearing Archbishop) they are still named after their corresponding pagan gods (Roman, but also Germanic in some languages / cases).

Telmo