Hyperion Level 1Gst File Format Issues

RCam

Nov 9, 2009, 6:50:35 PM11/9/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
The new Level 1Gst fully mapped format, makes cleaning up of the
Hyperion data very difficult. With the imagery now mapped removing
along track striping is now very difficult. Removing the spectral
smile is now much more complicated with the data mapped.

It would be better to supply the imagery unmapped along with an input
geometry (IGM) file that contains the geographic location of every
pixel in the image. This would allow preprocessing of the imagery to
clean it up prior to mapping.

A benefit to USGS would be that the size of the download image package
would be considerably smaller, reducing disk space and bandwidth on
their servers.

chaitali

Nov 29, 2009, 11:08:11 AM11/29/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
I want to know how the L1GST product, freely available in EO1 website
can be atmospherically corrected using FLAASH? The *.met, *.hdr and
*.L1R files are not available for download.

EO1Support

Dec 16, 2009, 10:02:56 AM12/16/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page

Dear RCamk..., the USGS is considering reprocessing all the Hyperion
data and distributing it in Level 1R format...is this the format you
are referring to? I think the L1R file comes with HDF information
about the attitude and orbit so the geometry can be calculated or one
could read the .met file associated with the L1G along with a L1R
file. I don't think the .met file contains the location for every
pixel however,...it contains the corner points.

Anyway, if you want to check Hyperion L1R data to see how it could
satisfy what you want to do, NASA has been processing that data on an
FTP server for over a month now. There are not many older scenes on
the FTP server, but every one of the new images coming off the
satellite are being processed and placed there by WRS Path and Row
within Year and Day-of-Year (DOY). Check it out at ftp://8.17.170.176/
and click on the hyp_l1r folder, then 2009, then select a DOY and
click on one of the Path/Row files there to download a targz file
containing the HDF formatted data.

Good luck

EO1Support

Dec 16, 2009, 10:15:07 AM12/16/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page

Dear chaitali<mikherjee.kr...>

The USGS is currently reconsidering the decision to supply only L1GST
for Hyperion and may be about to reprocess all the Hyperion archive to
distribute L1R Hyperion data. To access recent ALI and Hyperion data
in L1R HDF formats, please try ftp://8.17.170.176/ and you can
download recent L1R data that are targz files containing all the file
types you're looking for. Sorry, but only USGS can reprocess all the
L1R data from the archive, but if you want recent data or images right
off of the satellites, go to the FTP site...it is organized by year,
day of year, and then path row with each instrument file type. I hope
you can do the AC if you have the proper files and the images are
cloud free. I hope this helps - take care, Stu Frye (NASA/GSFC)

kriti mukherjee

Jan 4, 2010, 11:50:13 PM1/4/10
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
Following is the conversation that I had regarding the L1R and Met files of hyperion data. They had sent a link where these files are available according to them, but I could not open the link any time.

Aleksander Yanovskiy

Jan 26, 2010, 7:49:03 AM1/26/10
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
Please, submit to FTP server L1R Hyperion and ALI images for the
following Path/Row: 181/23, 183/23, 183/24, 184/23 and 185/22. Thank
you!

kriti mukherjee

Apr 21, 2010, 6:38:16 AM4/21/10
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have downloaded a hyperion data from EO1 website. The data is in L1Gst format. However, I need the L1R data for my analysis. I checked ftp://8.17.170.176/. But the data of 336th day of 2009 that I require is not available there. Can I get it from any other source? Please help me to get it.
With best regards
Kriti Mukherjee

rushanka...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2014, 8:56:17 AM6/24/14
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I downloaded L1R a well as L1GST format hyperion data. But, I cant find any .bll file for bad lines removal. can u sugeest from whr i can get bll file?

sreeval...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 6:37:13 AM10/9/14
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com, rushanka...@gmail.com

Sir Could u please send me Hyperspectral Database

sreeval...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 6:38:59 AM10/9/14
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com

Hello sir Can u please send me Hyperspectral Database
To post to this group, send email to eo1-usgs-tasker-help-page@googlegroups.com.

sreeval...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2014, 6:39:38 AM10/9/14
to eo1-usgs-tas...@googlegroups.com

Can u please send Hyperspectral Database