Guralp Scream on Raspberry Pi 3

196 views
Skip to first unread message

cellectronic

unread,
Jan 26, 2018, 6:28:28 PM1/26/18
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi All

Is anyone running Scream on the Raspberry Pi 3 ?
This is something I wish to do now and am looking for advice on installation. 
I have EW running on the RPi 3 which is using Scream2EW to sniff data from a Windows laptop via a local network and my hope is to migrate the whole system from the laptop to the RPi 3.
Thanks for any advice.



cellectronic

unread,
Feb 6, 2018, 6:14:06 PM2/6/18
to Earthworm Community Forum
Help required please..
I am trying to install Scream 4.5 on the Raspberry Pi,3 with not much luck so far.
Is anyone willing to help with some support ?
many thanks. 

El Berto

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 3:32:49 AM2/7/18
to Earthworm Community Forum
But... did you got Scream from Guralp in source files?
Or is there available specific version for Raspberry?

Steve Shuff

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 3:42:04 AM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi ..
 yes, downloaded the .tar file from Guralp,
 I have looked for a specific version for the Raspberry but not found one.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 8:32 AM, El Berto <ra.crs....@gmail.com> wrote:
But... did you got Scream from Guralp in source files?
Or is there available specific version for Raspberry?

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
 
To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
 
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
 
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Steve Shuff.

El Berto

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 3:56:16 AM2/7/18
to Earthworm Community Forum

As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one), and check installation steb-by-step to discover missing packages you need to install.

Michele Bertoni

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 5:16:14 AM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only executables and not source.
So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due executables are already compiled for i686 architecture.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto <ra.crs....@gmail.com> wrote:

As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one), and check installation steb-by-step to discover missing packages you need to install.

--

Steve Shuff

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 5:51:34 AM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have downloaded.
The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files along with a .sh file.

--
Steve Shuff.

Michele Bertoni

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 5:54:16 AM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way to run Scream on Raspberry.

Larry Cochrane

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 6:33:26 PM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
If Scream runs under Linux Wine you may be able to run the program on a Raspberry PI
using a i386 Emulator and Wine. I have played around with the ExaGear Desktop
(https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/) and my WinSDR and WinQuake Windows
based programs. They run surprisingly well on a Raspberry PI 3 board. The emulator
for the PI 3 costs around $30.00USD.

Regards,
Larry Cochrane
Redwood City Public Seismic Network

On 2/7/2018 2:54 AM, Michele Bertoni wrote:
> Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way to run Scream on Raspberry.
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff <steves...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have downloaded.
> The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files along with a .sh file.
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only executables and not source.
> So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due executables are already
> compiled for i686 architecture.
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>
> As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only available for x86 (32 or
> 64bits) architecture.
> You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one), and check
> installation steb-by-step to discover missing packages you need to install.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
> to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm
> Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.

Larry Baker

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 6:35:55 PM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com, Larry Baker
Or, look at the really tiny x86 sticks and boxes Intel has now.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
ba...@usgs.gov



To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com.

A Ferris

unread,
Feb 7, 2018, 6:55:10 PM2/7/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Or look at gcf2ew. I've successfully pulled in data from 5 6TDs over WiFi to a Pi.

Aaron

On Feb 7, 2018 6:35 PM, "Larry Baker" <ba...@usgs.gov> wrote:
Or, look at the really tiny x86 sticks and boxes Intel has now.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
ba...@usgs.gov


On 7 Feb 2018, at 3:33:23 PM, Larry Cochrane <larr...@webtronics.com> wrote:

If Scream runs under Linux Wine you may be able to run the program on a Raspberry PI using a i386 Emulator and Wine. I have played around with the ExaGear Desktop (https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/) and my WinSDR and WinQuake Windows based programs. They run surprisingly well on a Raspberry PI 3 board. The emulator for the PI 3 costs around $30.00USD.

Regards,
Larry Cochrane
Redwood City Public Seismic Network

On 2/7/2018 2:54 AM, Michele Bertoni wrote:
Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way to run Scream on Raspberry.
On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff <steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>> wrote:
   There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have downloaded.
   The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files along with a .sh file.
   On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni <ra.crs....@gmail.com
   <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>> wrote:
       Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only executables and not source.
       So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due executables are already
       compiled for i686 architecture.
       On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto <ra.crs....@gmail.com
       <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.i...@gmail.com>> wrote:
           As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only available for x86 (32 or
           64bits) architecture.
           You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one), and check
           installation steb-by-step to discover missing packages you need to install.
           --             --             You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
           Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
           To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
           <mailto:earthworm_fo...@googlegroups.com>

           To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

           For more options, visit this group at
           http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
           <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
           ---
           You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
           "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
           To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

           For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
           <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
       --         --         You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
       Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
       To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
       <mailto:earthworm_fo...@googlegroups.com>

       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

       For more options, visit this group at
       http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
       <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
       ---
       You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
       "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
       To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

       For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
       <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
   --     Steve Shuff.
   --     --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
   Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
   To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
   <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>

   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

   For more options, visit this group at
   http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
   <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
   ---
   You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
   "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
   To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email

   For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
   <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com>.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
 
To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com

 
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

 
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Angel Rodriguez

unread,
Feb 9, 2018, 2:34:30 PM2/9/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I run scream on over wine on a beagelbone.  You should check out Exagear at https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/.

Angel

www.osop.com.pa/tour/

More doesn't scale forever, except maybe with seismometers.

Steve Shuff

unread,
Feb 9, 2018, 3:05:53 PM2/9/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Angel,
Good to hear from you.

I am over that hurdle now and working on the next one !
Scream2ew did the job nicely , I was over complicating things as usual by trying to run scream !

I am now trying to get the Raspberry to upload the gif files that EW creates onto my website, Looking at lftp seems complex so am now trying rsync and cron  but am not sure if rsync will try to upload the whole folder each time (15 minutes) or just the updated heli gif ?


Stefan Lisowski

unread,
Feb 9, 2018, 4:44:36 PM2/9/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Rsync typically uploads only new files and I bet it'll work for you with
no additional params.

You can decrease the chances of retransfer of the same files with
something like --size-only if it doesn't seem to be doing what you want.

On 2/9/2018 3:05 PM, Steve Shuff wrote:
> Hello Angel,
> Good to hear from you.
>
> I am over that hurdle now and working on the next one !
> Scream2ew did the job nicely , I was over complicating things as usual
> by trying to run scream !
>
> I am now trying to get the Raspberry to upload the gif files that EW
> creates onto my website, Looking at lftp seems complex so am now trying
> rsync and cron  but am not sure if rsync will try to upload the whole
> folder each time (15 minutes) or just the updated heli gif ?
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Angel Rodriguez <an...@volcanbaru.com
> <mailto:an...@volcanbaru.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I run scream on over wine on a beagelbone.  You should check out
> Exagear at https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/
> <https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/>.
>
> Angel
>
> www.osop.com.pa/tour/ <http://www.osop.com.pa/tour/>
>
> More doesn't scale forever, except maybe with seismometers.
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:54 AM, Michele Bertoni
> <ra.crs....@gmail.com <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way to run
> Scream on Raspberry.
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff
> <steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have downloaded.
> The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files along
> with a .sh file.
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni
> <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only
> executables and not source.
> So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due
> executables are already compiled for i686 architecture.
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto
> <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>
> As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only
> available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
> You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one),
> and check installation steb-by-step to discover
> missing packages you need to install.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed
> to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed
> to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
> emails from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to
> the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to
> the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
> it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.

Steve Shuff

unread,
Feb 9, 2018, 5:23:22 PM2/9/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan
Thanks for your input.
As I read around on the net rsync is un-capable of transferring files via ftp,, Or am I misunderstanding something ?


On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:44 PM, Stefan Lisowski <stefanl...@isti.com> wrote:
Rsync typically uploads only new files and I bet it'll work for you with no additional params.

You can decrease the chances of retransfer of the same files with something like --size-only if it doesn't seem to be doing what you want.

On 2/9/2018 3:05 PM, Steve Shuff wrote:
Hello Angel,
Good to hear from you.

I am over that hurdle now and working on the next one !
Scream2ew did the job nicely , I was over complicating things as usual by trying to run scream !

I am now trying to get the Raspberry to upload the gif files that EW creates onto my website, Looking at lftp seems complex so am now trying rsync and cron  but am not sure if rsync will try to upload the whole folder each time (15 minutes) or just the updated heli gif ?



On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Angel Rodriguez <an...@volcanbaru.com <mailto:an...@volcanbaru.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I run scream on over wine on a beagelbone.  You should check out
    Exagear at https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/
    <https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/>.

    Angel

    www.osop.com.pa/tour/ <http://www.osop.com.pa/tour/>

    More doesn't scale forever, except maybe with seismometers.


    On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:54 AM, Michele Bertoni
    <ra.crs....@gmail.com <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way to run
        Scream on Raspberry.

        On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff
        <steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have downloaded.
            The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files along
            with a .sh file.


            On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni
            <ra.crs....@gmail.com
            <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>> wrote:

                Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only
                executables and not source.
                So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due
                executables are already compiled for i686 architecture.

                On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto
                <ra.crs....@gmail.com
                <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>> wrote:


                    As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is only
                    available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
                    You should check Makefile (I suppose there is one),
                    and check installation steb-by-step to discover
                    missing packages you need to install.

                    --                     --                     You received this message because you are subscribed
                    to the Google
                    Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                    To post to this group, send an email to
                    earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
                    <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>


                    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
                    earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
                    <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsubsc...@googlegroups.com>


                    For more options, visit this group at
                    http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
                    <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

                    ---
                    You received this message because you are subscribed
                    to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
                    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
                    emails from it, send an email to
                    earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
                    <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

                    For more options, visit
                    https://groups.google.com/d/optout
                    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.



                --                 --                 You received this message because you are subscribed to
                the Google
                Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                To post to this group, send an email to
                earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
                <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>


                To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


                For more options, visit this group at
                http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
                <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

                ---
                You received this message because you are subscribed to
                the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
                To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
                from it, send an email to
                earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
                <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

                For more options, visit
                https://groups.google.com/d/optout
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.





            --             Steve Shuff.

            --             --             You received this message because you are subscribed to the
            Google
            Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

            To post to this group, send an email to
            earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
            <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>


            To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


            For more options, visit this group at
            http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
            <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

            ---
            You received this message because you are subscribed to the
            Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
            from it, send an email to

            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
            <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.



        --         --         You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
        Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

        To post to this group, send an email to


        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


        For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the
        Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
        it, send an email to

        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.



    --     --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

    To post to this group, send an email to


    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
    <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,





--
Steve Shuff.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Steve Shuff.

Stefan Lisowski

unread,
Feb 12, 2018, 10:00:09 AM2/12/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
I typically use rsync over ssh. Can you use ssh or unprompted ssh?

On 2/9/2018 5:23 PM, Steve Shuff wrote:
> Hello Stefan
> Thanks for your input.
> As I read around on the net rsync is un-capable of transferring files
> via ftp,, Or am I misunderstanding something ?
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:44 PM, Stefan Lisowski <stefanl...@isti.com
> <mailto:stefanl...@isti.com>> wrote:
>
> Rsync typically uploads only new files and I bet it'll work for you
> with no additional params.
>
> You can decrease the chances of retransfer of the same files with
> something like --size-only if it doesn't seem to be doing what you want.
>
> On 2/9/2018 3:05 PM, Steve Shuff wrote:
>
> Hello Angel,
> Good to hear from you.
>
> I am over that hurdle now and working on the next one !
> Scream2ew did the job nicely , I was over complicating things as
> usual by trying to run scream !
>
> I am now trying to get the Raspberry to upload the gif files
> that EW creates onto my website, Looking at lftp seems complex
> so am now trying rsync and cron  but am not sure if rsync will
> try to upload the whole folder each time (15 minutes) or just
> the updated heli gif ?
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Angel Rodriguez
> <an...@volcanbaru.com <mailto:an...@volcanbaru.com>
> <mailto:an...@volcanbaru.com <mailto:an...@volcanbaru.com>>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I run scream on over wine on a beagelbone.  You should
> check out
>     Exagear at https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/
> <https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/>
>     <https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/
> <https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desktop/>>.
>
>     Angel
>
> www.osop.com.pa/tour/ <http://www.osop.com.pa/tour/>
> <http://www.osop.com.pa/tour/>
>
>     More doesn't scale forever, except maybe with seismometers.
>
>
>     On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 5:54 AM, Michele Bertoni
>     <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>
>         Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way
> to run
>         Scream on Raspberry.
>
>         On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff
>         <steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>>>
> wrote:
>
>             There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have
> downloaded.
>             The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files
> along
>             with a .sh file.
>
>
>             On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni
>             <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>             <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>
>                 Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only
>                 executables and not source.
>                 So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due
>                 executables are already compiled for i686
> architecture.
>
>                 On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto
>                 <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>                 <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>> wrote:
>
>
>                     As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is
> only
>                     available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
>                     You should check Makefile (I suppose there
> is one),
>                     and check installation steb-by-step to discover
>                     missing packages you need to install.
>
>                     --                     --
>    You received this message because you are subscribed
>                     to the Google
>                     Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>                     To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>                     <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>                     To unsubscribe from this group, send an
> email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>                     For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>                     ---
>                     You received this message because you are
> subscribed
>                     to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community
> Forum" group.
>                     To unsubscribe from this group and stop
> receiving
>                     emails from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>                     For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>                     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>                 --                 --                 You
> received this message because you are subscribed to
>                 the Google
>                 Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>                 To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>                 <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>                 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>                 For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>                 ---
>                 You received this message because you are
> subscribed to
>                 the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum"
> group.
>                 To unsubscribe from this group and stop
> receiving emails
>                 from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>                 For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>                 <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>
>
>             --             Steve Shuff.
>
>             --             --             You received this
> message because you are subscribed to the
>             Google
>             Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>             To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>             <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>             To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>             For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>             ---
>             You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the
>             Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>             To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
> emails
>             from it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>             For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>             <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>         --         --         You received this message because
> you are subscribed to the Google
>         Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>         To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>         For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>         ---
>         You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>         Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>         To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
> emails from
>         it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>         For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>     --     --     You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the Google
>     Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>     To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>     <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>     <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
>
>     For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>     <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>     ---
>     You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google
>     Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it,
>     send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>     <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
> it, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.

Steve Shuff

unread,
Feb 12, 2018, 11:24:33 AM2/12/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Having read about  the transfer protocol my for my web site it would appear it is an FTP site only.
I guess my next move is to try lftp. 

        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>
        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com

        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>>> wrote:

                 Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is no way
        to run
                 Scream on Raspberry.

                 On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff
                 <steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>
        <mailto:steves...@gmail.com <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>>>

        wrote:

                     There is a Linux version in a .tar  which I have
        downloaded.
                     The folder  contains amongst others some  Bin files
        along
                     with a .sh file.


                     On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele Bertoni
                     <ra.crs....@gmail.com
        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>
                     <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com

        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>>> wrote:

                         Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see there are only
                         executables and not source.
                         So I can't se anyway to run Scream on Raspberry due
                         executables are already compiled for i686
        architecture.

                         On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto
                         <ra.crs....@gmail.com
        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>
                         <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com

        <mailto:ra.crs.inogs.it@gmail.com>>> wrote:


                             As I can see from Guralp website, Scream is
        only
                             available for x86 (32 or 64bits) architecture.
                             You should check Makefile (I suppose there
        is one),
                             and check installation steb-by-step to discover
                             missing packages you need to install.

                             --                     --                             You received this message because you are subscribed
                             to the Google
                             Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                             To post to this group, send an email to
        earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>
                             <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>>


                             To unsubscribe from this group, send an
        email to
        earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsubsc...@googlegroups.com>
                                    <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsubsc...@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Bunsubs...@googlegroups.com>>


                             For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
                                    <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>

                             ---
                             You received this message because you are
        subscribed
                             to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community
        Forum" group.
                             To unsubscribe from this group and stop
        receiving
                             emails from it, send an email to
        earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsubsc...@googlegroups.com>
                                    <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsubsc...@googlegroups.com>>.

                             For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                             <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.


                         --                 --                 You
        received this message because you are subscribed to
                         the Google
                         Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                         To post to this group, send an email to
        earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>
                         <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>>


                         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


                         For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
                                <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>

                         ---
                         You received this message because you are
        subscribed to
                         the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum"
        group.
                         To unsubscribe from this group and stop
        receiving emails
                         from it, send an email to

                         For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.




                     --             Steve Shuff.

                     --             --             You received this
        message because you are subscribed to the
                     Google
                     Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                     To post to this group, send an email to
        earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>
                     <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>>


                     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


                     For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
                            <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>

                     ---
                     You received this message because you are
        subscribed to the
                     Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
                     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
        emails
                     from it, send an email to

                     For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.


                 --         --         You received this message because
        you are subscribed to the Google
                 Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

                 To post to this group, send an email to
        earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>
                 <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>>


                 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


                 For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
                 <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>

                 ---
                 You received this message because you are subscribed to the
                 Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
                 To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
        emails from
                 it, send an email to

                 For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                 <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.


             --     --     You received this message because you are
        subscribed to the Google
             Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

             To post to this group, send an email to
        earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>
             <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com
        <mailto:earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com>>


             To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


             For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
             <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>

             ---
             You received this message because you are subscribed to the
        Google
             Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
             To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
        from it,
             send an email to

             For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
             <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.




        --         Steve Shuff.

        --         --         You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
        Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

        To post to this group, send an email to


        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


        For more options, visit this group at
        http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
        <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the
        Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
        it, send an email to

        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.


    --     --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

    To post to this group, send an email to


    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
    <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>

    --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
    Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.




--
Steve Shuff.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthworm_forum@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Steve Shuff.

Stefan Lisowski

unread,
Feb 12, 2018, 11:33:18 AM2/12/18
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Can you use sftp? If so csync might work for you: https://www.csync.org

(Disclaimer: I haven't used csync myself yet, but there's one project
where I was thinking I'd try it.)

- stefan

On 2/12/2018 11:24 AM, Steve Shuff wrote:
> Having read about  the transfer protocol my for my web site it would
> appear it is an FTP site only.
> I guess my next move is to try lftp.
>
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM, Stefan Lisowski
> <stefanl...@isti.com <mailto:stefanl...@isti.com>> wrote:
>
> I typically use rsync over ssh. Can you use ssh or unprompted ssh?
>
> On 2/9/2018 5:23 PM, Steve Shuff wrote:
>
> Hello Stefan
> Thanks for your input.
> As I read around on the net rsync is un-capable of transferring
> files via ftp,, Or am I misunderstanding something ?
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:44 PM, Stefan Lisowski
> <stefanl...@isti.com <mailto:stefanl...@isti.com>
> <mailto:stefanl...@isti.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
>
>                  Of course. That's why (in my opinion) there is
> no way
>         to run
>                  Scream on Raspberry.
>
>                  On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Steve Shuff
>                  <steves...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>>
>         <mailto:steves...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com
> <mailto:steves...@gmail.com>>>>
>         wrote:
>
>                      There is a Linux version in a .tar  which
> I have
>         downloaded.
>                      The folder  contains amongst others some
> Bin files
>         along
>                      with a .sh file.
>
>
>                      On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Michele
> Bertoni
>                      <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>
>                      <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
>
>                          Ok, I've found Scream 4.5, but I see
> there are only
>                          executables and not source.
>                          So I can't se anyway to run Scream on
> Raspberry due
>                          executables are already compiled for i686
>         architecture.
>
>                          On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, El Berto
>                          <ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>
>                          <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>
>         <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com
> <mailto:ra.crs....@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
>
>
>                              As I can see from Guralp website,
> Scream is
>         only
>                              available for x86 (32 or 64bits)
> architecture.
>                              You should check Makefile (I
> suppose there
>         is one),
>                              and check installation
> steb-by-step to discover
>                              missing packages you need to install.
>
>                              --                     --
>                    You received this message because you are
> subscribed
>                              to the Google
>                              Groups "Earthworm Community Forum"
> group.
>
>                              To post to this group, send an
> email to
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                              To unsubscribe from this group,
> send an
>         email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                              For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>>
>
>                              ---
>                              You received this message because
> you are
>         subscribed
>                              to the Google Groups "Earthworm
> Community
>         Forum" group.
>                              To unsubscribe from this group and
> stop
>         receiving
>                              emails from it, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>                              For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>
>
>                          --                 --                 You
>         received this message because you are subscribed to
>                          the Google
>                          Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>                          To post to this group, send an email to
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                          To unsubscribe from this group, send
> an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                          For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>>
>
>                          ---
>                          You received this message because you are
>         subscribed to
>                          the Google Groups "Earthworm Community
> Forum"
>         group.
>                          To unsubscribe from this group and stop
>         receiving emails
>                          from it, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>                          For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
>                          <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>
>
>
>
>                      --             Steve Shuff.
>
>                      --             --             You received
> this
>         message because you are subscribed to the
>                      Google
>                      Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>                      To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>
>                      <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                      To unsubscribe from this group, send an
> email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                      For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>>
>
>                      ---
>                      You received this message because you are
>         subscribed to the
>                      Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum"
> group.
>                      To unsubscribe from this group and stop
> receiving
>         emails
>                      from it, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>                      For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
>                      <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>
>
>                  --         --         You received this
> message because
>         you are subscribed to the Google
>                  Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>                  To post to this group, send an email to
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>                  For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>>
>
>                  ---
>                  You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the
>                  Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>                  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
>         emails from
>                  it, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>                  For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
>                  <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>
>
>              --     --     You received this message because
> you are
>         subscribed to the Google
>              Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>              To post to this group, send an email to
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>              To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
>
>              For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>>
>
>              ---
>              You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the
>         Google
>              Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>              To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
> emails
>         from it,
>              send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>              <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>
>
>
>
>         --         Steve Shuff.
>
>         --         --         You received this message because
> you are subscribed to the Google
>         Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>         To post to this group, send an email to
>         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>         For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>         <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>         ---
>         You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>         Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>         To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving
> emails from
>         it, send an email to
>         <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>         <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
>         For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>     --     --     You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the Google
>     Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
>     To post to this group, send an email to
>     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>     For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>     <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>>
>
>     --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>     Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it,
>     send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
>
>     For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
> it, send an email to
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to
> earthwo...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
> <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
>
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
> send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_forum%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Steve Shuff.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
>
> To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.

David Crooks

unread,
Apr 27, 2021, 11:34:00 AMApr 27
to Earthworm Community Forum
Glad to hear you're able to pull data from 6TD's onto a Pi using gcf2ew.  I'm completely new to Earthworm - I have literally just compiled it on my Pi.  Could you say a little more about how you achieved this please, such as, what other modules were required and how did you set up the 6TDs?

Thanks very much for your help.

David

           To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
           <mailto:earthworm_fo...@googlegroups.com>

           To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

           For more options, visit this group at
           http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
           <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
           ---
           You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
           "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
           To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
           email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com
           <mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.

           For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
           <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
       --         --         You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
       Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
       To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
       <mailto:earthworm_fo...@googlegroups.com>

       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

       For more options, visit this group at
       http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
       <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
       ---
       You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
       "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
       To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

       For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
       <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
   --     Steve Shuff.
   --     --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
   Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
   To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
   <mailto:earthwo...@googlegroups.com>

   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

   For more options, visit this group at
   http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
   <http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en>
   ---
   You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
   "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
   To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email

   For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
   <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com <mailto:earthworm_forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com>.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.

To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com


To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to


For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
 
To post to this group, send an email to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

 
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to

 
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com.

Mitchell M Withers (mwithers)

unread,
Apr 27, 2021, 11:42:51 AMApr 27
to Earthworm Community Forum

It's getting a little bit dated but this is still a good place to start. There are links in section 5 to two examples.
http://folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu/ew-doc/USER_GUIDE/Inst_config_guide.htm

________________________________________
From: earthwo...@googlegroups.com <earthwo...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of David Crooks <davidjo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 5:51 PM
To: Earthworm Community Forum
Subject: Re: [Earthworm Forum] Guralp Scream on Raspberry Pi 3

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and trust the content is safe.

Glad to hear you're able to pull data from 6TD's onto a Pi using gcf2ew. I'm completely new to Earthworm - I have literally just compiled it on my Pi. Could you say a little more about how you achieved this please, such as, what other modules were required and how did you set up the 6TDs?

Thanks very much for your help.

David

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 23:55:10 UTC Ferris wrote:
Or look at gcf2ew. I've successfully pulled in data from 5 6TDs over WiFi to a Pi.

Aaron

On Feb 7, 2018 6:35 PM, "Larry Baker" <ba...@usgs.gov> wrote:
Or, look at the really tiny x86 sticks and boxes Intel has now.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608<tel:(650)%20329-5608>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com<mailto:earthworm_for...@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/5f9edb14-9d25-4e54-8949-6d502582e5b2n%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/5f9edb14-9d25-4e54-8949-6d502582e5b2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Crooks

unread,
Apr 29, 2021, 5:17:48 PMApr 29
to Earthworm Community Forum
Thanks Mitchell, appreciate you getting back to me.  I'll have a play about after working through the config guide and come back if I get stuck at any particular errors.

Cheers,

David

Steve Shuff

unread,
Apr 30, 2021, 3:38:44 AMApr 30
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Just as a matter of interest,  what is the latest version of EW that has been installed on  Pi 3, ..(Raspbian)
I currently use 7.7 but in the near future I may well upgrade EW  version. 

David Crooks

unread,
May 10, 2021, 9:37:23 AMMay 10
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Cellectronic, I'm afraid I can't say as I've not got Earthworm running successfully yet.  If it helps you, I've tried a couple of versions (7.7, 7.8 and 1.10) and been able to compile quite a few of the module executables for each, but still haven't been able to compile an executable for gcf2ew yet.

Can anyone who's had success running gcf2ew on a pi let me know how they compiled it please?  I've attached the text relating to gcf2ew that comes up when I execute make unix.

Thanks for your help.

David

gcf2ew_compiling_text.txt

Steve Shuff

unread,
May 12, 2021, 3:32:53 AMMay 12
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
David,
There is a module Scream2EW which I once used on a PI without any problem.
Not sure if it would help in your case .

Regards.



--
Steve Shuff.

David Crooks

unread,
May 14, 2021, 5:48:27 AMMay 14
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have the same problem you had back in 2018.  I'm trying to do everything on the Raspberry Pi 3 but can't get Scream to run on it so was hoping to bypass it with gcf2ew.  How did you get past this, did you keep Scream running on on your Windows laptop?

Cheers,

David

Steve Shuff

unread,
May 14, 2021, 7:35:08 AMMay 14
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi David ,
I used Scream2EW module, you can point the module to the IP address of the network on which your digitiser is on . It will also accept an named address as in myip.com for example. hope that helps let me know how you get on,   
Is the digitiser on your local network or remote ? 

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages