Connect EADitor to Dspace?

Tyler

Mar 10, 2011, 4:19:59 PM3/10/11
to eaditor
Hello All,

In the description, I see mentioned that eaditor can be configured to
work with other systems like Fedora Commons.

That got me wondering, does anyone have any experience of running
eaditor with a Dspace repository? I'd love to be able to incorporate
eaditor into a Dspace project I'm currently working on.

Tyler

Ethan Gruber

Mar 10, 2011, 6:55:55 PM3/10/11
to ead...@googlegroups.com
Since DSpace has a REST API, it should be theoretically possible to load/edit/save items in a DSpace repository.  I haven't used DSpace, so EADitor-DSpace interoperability doesn't exist out-of-the-box yet.  You'd have to edit the XForms files to point to your repository and provide the authentication information.

Ethan

Tyler

Mar 15, 2011, 11:48:43 PM3/15/11
to eaditor
Thanks for the reply. I think at this point I'll wait and explore my
options. How, though, might I reconfigure eaditor to work with Fedora
rather than the existing exist database? Is there documentation for
something like that somewhere? I've actually got a Fedora repository
running that I'd love to connect it to, but I don't see in the orbeon
or ead app files where to make those config changes.

This is really impressive work by the way. Kudos to you!

Tyler