Is BioBricks Free Genes Project still maintained and alive?

Dorif

May 4, 2020, 3:32:17 AM5/4/20
to DIYbio
Last submission ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j5Gc7KEfRlPCIaXMGjDhgQDfSOVx7tnbss9AksrHhzk/edit?usp=sharing ) is in year 2018. Majority of sequences listed in spreadsheet are unavailable. I've tried to submit a gene (adenovirus death protein, for malignat cell lysis), but received no reaction, just autoreply from bot.

So, is it still alive?

Thanks for help!

Koeng

May 4, 2020, 11:33:01 AM5/4/20
to DIYbio
It's still alive, just turns out handling incoming single requests takes way too much time. I pretty much only handle collections of materials now. Some of those can be had on stanford.freegenes.org (password: freegenes).

If you have a good collection of genes (>20 genes) we can definitely talk, though.

Dorif

Apr 21, 2022, 5:23:40 PMApr 21
to DIYbio
By the way, are you working at stanford freegenes.org ? If yes: may you help me? I need pro forma invoice for my order (FreeGenes-1584). Our customs are getting mad when see things with zero price. So I need this invoice with any ridiculous value for these items just to receive them. The same will be actual for FreeGenes-1599.

Thanks in advance!
понедельник, 4 мая 2020 г. в 18:33:01 UTC+3, Koeng:

Koeng

Apr 22, 2022, 12:21:25 PMApr 22
to DIYbio
Not anymore, unfortunately