Internet Explorer9 Problems

MikeWerner

Jul 23, 2012, 1:45:49 AM7/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
I've got Disqus working fine in every browser, except IE. When the page loads, Disqus forces the page to load in a maximum width, making the page unusable.

If I got out of Quirk mode, Disqus loads fine, but the page is not useable, since a lot of the graphics are badly loaded.
If I use the <Doctype html>, it'd fine, but again, the rest of the page does not load properly.
I've updated the CSS using the recommendations, but that doesn't do anything either.
I also noticed that even if there's a comment, it doesn't show up in IE, just that no one has commented.

Since my internet connection can be a bit slow, I notice that the Disqus "box" gets rendered properly, until the .JS loads. Then it goes haywire.

I've disabled Disqus on the site, but have a test page where you can see the problems

Any suggestions????

Anton Kovalyov

Jul 23, 2012, 1:48:03 AM7/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Mike,

I will check your test page tomorrow from the office but I can tell you right away that Disqus is not supported in quirks mode.

Anton

Anton Kovalyov

Jul 23, 2012, 2:20:57 PM7/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike,

I can't access that page (or the whole site). I'll try again later.

Anton

Mike Werner

Jul 23, 2012, 4:15:36 PM7/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Anton

Thanks, but I think my hosting company just went belly up, so my problems just got bigger. I'll let you know when I'm running again. Thanks for the effort.

--
Mike Werner
Editor "Bikes in the Fast Lane"

Normandy, France

Tel: +33-2-35297230
Gsm: +33-6-84321251
Site: http://news.motorbiker.org/

Mike Werner

Jul 24, 2012, 1:20:21 PM7/24/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Anton

Site is back up (finally), and the page accessible.