diffpy.srreal errors

Gregory Day

Jun 20, 2019, 10:48:59 AM6/20/19
to diffpy-dev
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install diffpy.srreal and I'm getting several errors that won't let me install it, such as:

Failed building wheel for diffpy.srreal
and
 src/extensions/srreal_converters.cpp:20:10: fatal error: boost/python/slice.hpp: No such file or directory
     #include <boost/python/slice.hpp>

I'm not entirely certain what I'm doing wrong, any advice anyone could give me would be a big help.

Thank you so much,
Greg

Juhas, Pavol

Jun 20, 2019, 2:45:23 PM6/20/19
to diffp...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 06:26:01PM -0700, Gregory Day wrote:
> I'm trying to install diffpy.srreal and I'm getting several errors that
> won't let me install it, such as:
>
> Failed building wheel for diffpy.srreal
> and
> src/extensions/srreal_converters.cpp:20:10: fatal error:
> boost/python/slice.hpp: No such file or directory
> #include <boost/python/slice.hpp>

Hi Greg,

The easiest way of installing diffpy.srreal is to
use its Anaconda package:

conda install --channel=diffpy diffpy.srreal

If you need to build it from sources, please consult the README at
https://github.com/diffpy/diffpy.srreal in particular the Requirements
paragraph. The error you get happens when boost-python library is
either not installed or cannot be found by c++ compiler.

Hope this helps,

Pavol

--
Dr. Pavol Juhas
Computational Science Initiative

Gregory Day

Jun 20, 2019, 10:41:37 PM6/20/19
to diffpy-dev
Thank you Dr. Juhas,

Unfortunately I'm still having issues with the conda install, it does not seem to recognize that there is anything in that channel. I'm attaching the output.

I'm trying to do an install from source. I haven't had too much luck yet, but I will let you know if I need more help.

Thank you,
Greg
diffpysrreal-conda.rtf

Pavol Juhas

Jun 21, 2019, 10:37:35 AM6/21/19
to DiffPy developers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:41 PM Gregory Day <grs...@tamu.edu> wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm still having issues with the conda install, it
> does not seem to recognize that there is anything in that channel.
> I'm attaching the output.

[error content] ------------------------------------------------------
  PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:
  - diffpy.srreal

  Current channels:
  - https://conda.anaconda.org/diffpy/win-64

Hi Greg,

diffpy.srreal is not available for Windows, it only builds for
Linux, Mac or other UNIX-derived systems.

If you need to use it on Windows, I suggest to use the
windows subsystem for linux; see the following post for details
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diffpy-users/SSdUn6HM25k/AudNwqKUBQAJ.

Hope this works,

Pavol

Gregory Day

Jun 21, 2019, 5:09:29 PM6/21/19
to diffpy-dev
Thank you so much, I got it squared away. Sorry for bothering you with a pretty silly question.

Thank you,
Greg