(delhibirdpix) Is this a "nitidus' Greenish Warbler?

Sumit

Apr 23, 2010, 2:07:05 AM4/23/10
to Bird Photography India, Delhibirdpix
Hi Folks,
Greenish Warblers are regular winter visitors in the Kolkata and surrounding areas. However, we usually meet the nominate - Phylloscopus trochiloides trochiloides, a drab green bird with a darkish bill. Yesterday, I came across the attached bird which initially looked like a Tickell's Leaf Warbler as it flitted through the overhead foliage. Better views and the presence of wing-bar(s?) dispelled that notion and a check with available literature later my search ended with a likely 1st winter 'nitudus' race of the Greenish Warbler - a bird that we could expect in our area on spring migration (based on the maps in Rasmussen).
Kolkata, yesterday.
Would appreciate comments on the ID. Apologies for the rather poor images.
Regards,
Sumit

greenish1.jpg
greenish2.jpg

Sumit

Apr 23, 2010, 2:10:13 AM4/23/10
to Bird Photography India, Delhibirdpix
Apologies. Please read 'nitidus' for "nitudus" in the text.
Cheers!
Sumit

Saurabh Sawant

Apr 23, 2010, 2:42:31 AM4/23/10
to sumi...@gmail.com, Bird Photography India, Delhibirdpix
Looks like it. We get both over here. Did the bird call? They have a subtle difference in their calls. This has a three note call.

Regards,
Saurabh
--
Regards,