The Birds of a Terrace - # 37.05 - Scaly-breasted Munia (Lonchura puntulata) - 2020-164

Anand Arya

Jun 8, 2023, 11:46:37 PM6/8/23
LATE BLOOM OR EARLY BLOOM - CLIMATE CHANGE ?

First time in so many years of watching this Species - Scaly Breasted Munia -
I have the dubious Record of Photographing this Bird in June Month.

So far the earliest month is August (the breeding time) and then the last
is January  -  Barley, as I understand, is a winter crop but there are some
exceptions perhaps (am quite a Luddite as far as Agri/Horticulture is concerned,
so please correct and educate).

Some Barley seed may have got into one of the flower pots (we used put out
some barley on the Parapet). In 2020, there were were a few stalks in August
and this year we have one in May/June.

Just wondering if this is early or late bloom or can grow anytime time with
the Weather uncertain due Climate Change.

Anyway, it was Fun.  All thanks to Sharda.

Sharda is any early riser.  Yesterday she was enjoying her morning ‘cuppa tea’
on the Terrace when these two Birds came to feed - superb that she woke me
up (it was past 0800 and initially I grumbled but then thanked her in many
ways) and after that, of course, it was pure bliss watching these partaking their
Breakfast merrily, photographing and video-graphing.

Video soon as I give up being Lazy.

Enjoy.

Anand Arya
353, Sector 15A
NOIDA 201301
INDIA
+ 91 98182 61909
www.anandarya.com
www.okhlabirdpark.com
"This is a copyrighted image. Not to be used for any purpose without prior permission."
Canon 7D M2 + 100-400mm
Panasonic HC-WXF991