Dibru Saikhowa : Chestnut-capped Babbler

Arka Sarkar

Mar 9, 2010, 3:14:19 PM3/9/10
to Bird Photography India, delhibirdpix, banash...@yahoo.com
The principal problem with grasslands is that it is full of grass.
Tall, dense grass.

I found photographing grassland specialties difficult, and it was no
different with Chestnut-capped Babblers, although they are relatively
common all over Dibru Saikhowa. While not a good photograph, this is
the only one where a major part of the bird is not obstructed by
grass.

Of course photographing these started seeming trivial when I was given
the "Marsh Babbler Show" by Joynal "Benu" Abedin - the birdman of
Dibru Saikhowa. Lying flat on our back inside a dense thicket, we got
to see the bird in bits in pieces as it jumped about in a maze of
grass above us, less than a couple of meters away from my nose. An
unforgettable experience, nonetheless.

The Chestnut-capped Babbler was shot on 21st Feb, 2010.
--
Cheers
Arka S

20100221_DibruSaikhowa_CCBabbler.jpg