National Trails Day Hike, Saturday, June 6 - Mary Smith Hill to Alder Lake

DelawareCounty.eCycle

Jun 4, 2009, 10:37:02 PM6/4/09
to delawarec...@googlegroups.com
June 6th - National Trails Day Hike (Mary Smith Hill to Alder Lake) - 9:30AM

Get outside and celebrate National Trails Day with Catskills Educator Ben Murdock as he leads a hike through the beautiful and often overlooked Western Catskills. This 12.3 mile moderate hike will bring participants across Mary Smith Hill, Middle Mountain, Beech Hill, Cabot Mountain, Touchmenot Mountain, and finally to Alder Lake. Participants will meet at the Holiday and Berry Brook Road parking area for the Red blazed Mary Smith Trail at 9:30 AM. We expect to reach Alder Lake by 4:00, allowing time for lunch and breaks along the way. A car will be pre-placed at Alder Lake to shuttle hikers back to their vehicles. Participants will be required to provide and carry two liters of water, lunch, and come prepared with proper footwear and clothing. 12.3 miles.

Pre-registration is required for this free event. Contact Ben Murdock at 845-586-2611 ext. 108 for further information and to register.

http://www.catskillcenter.org/whatsnew/events.html

--
Share an item, share a thought:

DelawareCounty.eCycle - the first freecycling group for our big neighborhood
http://groups.google.com/group/delawarecountyecycle

Delaware.County.Cafe'
http://groups.google.com/group/delawarecountycafe