Masonville General Store hosts lecture on Mild Traumatic Brain Injury, Sun, 3/1, 1-4

DelawareCounty.eCycle

Feb 27, 2009, 12:08:22 AM2/27/09
to delawarec...@googlegroups.com
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury - Overcoming the Fog, Brain Fatigue and Forgetfulness
Sunday, March 1, 1-4 pm
The Masonville General Store holds the first of a series of Health and Wellness Lectures.
The topic: Mild Traumatic Brain Injury - Overcoming the Fog, Brain Fatigue and Forgetfulness
Guest speaker is mild traumatic brain injury survivor and health care professional Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, RN, Herbalist.
To be discussed in the 2½ hour program:
  • who's at risk
  • what are the causes
  • where to get treatment
The remainder of class will be devoted to the conventional and alternative therapies which can alleviate fog, fatigue and forgetfulness through such areas as cognitive, behavioral and functional therapies.

We have all come in contact with persons with a brain insult, which may be unrelated to a head injury or stroke. Examples are

  • 'chemo brain' which is brain fog sometimes caused by chemotherapy
  • heart attack, related to a reduction of oxygen to the brain
  • chronic pain as in fibromyalgia, neuralgias or chronic fatigue syndrome.

To register, contact the Masonville General Store at 607-265-3808 as seating is limited.
Cost: $10.00 per person. 50% of proceeds to go to the Brain Injury Association of NYS Oneonta Support Group Chapter.

--
Share an item, share a thought:

DelawareCounty.eCycle - the first freecycling group for our big neighborhood
http://groups.google.com/group/delawarecountyecycle

Delaware.County.Cafe'
http://groups.google.com/group/delawarecountycafe