Importing a Nesstar DDI File

pierre adisp

Jan 16, 2014, 9:45:34 AM1/16/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am trying to import Nesstar DDI File( Utilities - Import ) But i got
this error
    Import failed: An unexpected error occurred trying to import this study.
    Exception message: null
    'form1:tabSet1:0:tabSetUtilities:0:inputImportFileComponent' SUCCESS

Is it possible to import Nesstar file?

Best regards

Pier

Philip Durbin

Jan 22, 2014, 7:40:21 PM1/22/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
In case anyone is wondering... the short answer is "no" but we've been
exchanging lots of emails internally and will try to post a summary to
the list.

Phil
> --

Philip Durbin
Software Developer for http://thedata.org
http://www.iq.harvard.edu/people/philip-durbin

Philip Durbin

Feb 4, 2014, 2:50:11 PM2/4/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pier!

We're starting* to mark threads on this Google Group as "Completed"
and I'm *think* you got an answer to your question in an internal
ticket (#173539). Would you be able to summarize for the benefit of
others on this list? Should we mark this thread "Completed"?

Thanks!

Phil

* https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/gJVRWDB1Zak/psm2YhSr-DgJ

pier adisp

Feb 7, 2014, 10:59:40 AM2/7/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
hi
As soon as I have some time, I will summarize
But it works !!!!!!
Best regards
pierre

Philip Durbin

Feb 7, 2014, 11:34:26 AM2/7/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Great! That's good enough for me to "mark as complete" this thread. :)

I'm glad it works for you.

And if anyone needs the details, please ask us about
https://help.hmdc.harvard.edu/Ticket/Display.html?id=173539

This seems to be what helped you the most:

"My understanding is the current issue is that you need a way to
select a value for Handle Registration on the Create a Harvesting
Dataverse page?

Normally this represents a domain or namespace registered with the
handle net service but if you are not enabling handle registration, it
can be any local identifier.

So, to populate this select list, add a row to the handleprefix table
in the database. The id column should just be simple numbers: 1,2,3,
etc. and the prefix column is the identifier that will appear in the
select list."

Phil