ZIP download size limit

Leonhard Maylein

Oct 15, 2014, 3:44:25 AM10/15/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Jochen Apel
Hi,

is there really a size limit of 100 MByte for the zip download
in DataVerse 3.6.2?

The download of all files ("Download Selected Files" button")
of the study http://dx.doi.org/10.11588/data/10028
results in a zip file which only contains the first data file
(144 MByte) and a MANIFEST.TXT file with the following content:

globules_7.zip (application/zip) 151444714 bytes.
globules_8.zip skipped because the total size of the download bundle
exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
globules_9.zip skipped because the total size of the download bundle
exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
Control_FISH_20140901.txt skipped because the total size of the download
bundle exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
CTCFkd_FISH_20140901.txt skipped because the total size of the download
bundle exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
CTCF_Rad21kd_FISH_20140901.txt skipped because the total size of the
download bundle exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
Rad21kd_FISH_20140901.txt skipped because the total size of the download
bundle exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.
README.txt skipped because the total size of the download bundle
exceeded the limit of 104857600 bytes.

Is it possible to increase this limit?
Otherwise it should be possible to disable the zip download
of multiple files and offer only the single download links.

Leonhard Maylein
University library of Heidelberg

Philip Durbin

Oct 15, 2014, 8:26:05 AM10/15/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Jochen Apel
Yes, it is possible to increase the limit.

Please see https://thedata.harvard.edu/guides/dataverse-installer-main.html#jvm-options which says

The default size limit for file downloads is 100MB. To override this
default add the following JVM option:
-Ddvn.batchdownload.limit=<max download bytes>

I found this by looking for "104857600" in the code: https://github.com/IQSS/dvn/blob/3.6.2/DVN-root/DVN-web/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dvn/core/web/servlet/FileDownloadServlet.java#L1994 :)

Phil

Philip Durbin

Oct 27, 2014, 8:59:32 AM10/27/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Leonhard Maylein, Jochen Apel
Hi Leonhard, I just clicked "Marked as complete"* on this thread since I *think* I gave you the right answer. :)

If you're still having this problem, please let us know and we'll pick up this thread where we left off!

Thanks,

Phil

* See also 'Posts can now be set by Admins to "Completed" once a satisfactory answer has been given. These can also be re-opened if a new answer or update is needed.' at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/gJVRWDB1Zak/psm2YhSr-DgJ