National Industry Classification

Praachi Misra

Oct 26, 2018, 6:15:06 AM10/26/18
to datameet
Hi,

Is the NIC classification available somewhere is a CSV/ JSON format historically.

I can only see pdf files on the website of the Ministry of Statistical and Prog.

Thanks,

Praachi

Surya Kandukuri

Oct 31, 2018, 12:41:06 PM10/31/18
to datameet
Hello Prachi,

Please find the attached file. I have worked on this for classifying all the factories in Telangana.
I should have done this earlier. Hope you can find them helpful. Please make necessary corrections if there are any.

Best
Surya
nic_final.xlsx

Praachi Misra

Nov 3, 2018, 5:29:34 AM11/3/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Surya. made my life easier.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Praachi Misra

Dec 26, 2018, 6:20:33 AM12/26/18
to datameet
Cross-checking from the 5 digit code contained within the CIN number, it seems, the 1998, 2004 classification have also been used for identification of the industry.

See link. While the Legal Entity Identifier appears to prefer the 2008 classification.

Would CSV versions for the 1998 and 2004 be available?

Praachi

Would any