Alternative routing proposal and omit accustic announcement for Re-Calculation

Tom

Nov 19, 2022, 11:43:51 PM11/19/22
to Cruiser Users
Due to the lack of curved routing, some functions are missed, e.g. when you deliberately deviate from the planned route and want to take a slightly curvier alternative route, the route is constantly recalculated with the instruction to turn back.

On the one hand, the constant acoustic announcement "Route is being recalculated" is annoying. This announcement could actually be omitted completely. The route should simply be recalculated without an acoustic announcement. You can see on the display that a new route is being calculated.

Secondly, an intuitive route would be given by the fact that the alternative route is calculated and taken after a certain distance, even if this means a diversion. I don't know how this can be implemented with the route option BRouter offline fast routing. But this was something I had also suggested with Kurviger and was implemented. Since everyone has different preferences here, you could possibly set up a setting where you can specify in 100-metre increments after which the actually travelled road should be taken as an alternative route. I don't know whether this is possible at all with Brouter Offline or without the Kurviger Routing Engine.

Willy

Nov 20, 2022, 4:58:25 AM11/20/22
to Cruiser Users
The acoustic announcement is not that bad. The problem to solve is those repeated instruction that you should return.
A single announcement to please return is sufficient, the next announcement should at least try to suggest another alternative.
Emux is probably working on an improvement to indeed suppress these multiple very annoying return commands.
In the mean time, better do not set autorecalculate. As it brings more annoyances than it helps.
(This subject indeed was already discussed in the kurviger forum before, yep sure)

Op zondag 20 november 2022 om 05:43:51 UTC+1 schreef Tom:
Message has been deleted

Emux

Nov 20, 2022, 7:31:21 AM11/20/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report.

> Due to the lack of curved routing, some functions are missed, e.g. when you deliberately deviate from the planned route and want to take a slightly curvier alternative route, the route is constantly recalculated with the instruction to turn back.

Re-routing in navigation does not change the imported or calculated route (Kurviger or other).

Re-routing only calculates the part of the route from the user location to the next waypoint
and then merges that part with the remaining unchanged route.

> the constant acoustic announcement "Route is being recalculated" is annoying.

Off route announcement can be turned on / off in "Settings | Voice guidance | Off route warning".

> an intuitive route would be given by the fact that the alternative route is calculated and taken after a certain distance, even if this means a diversion.

The issue is that Kurviger routing does not respect user direction in route calculations:
https://forum.kurviger.de/t/routing-heading/5289
https://forum.kurviger.de/t/rerouting-heading/8918

However:

Cruiser navigation will have an improved rerouting in the next versions.
To avoid such limitations and it should work with all routing services.

--
Emux

Tom

Nov 21, 2022, 12:31:32 AM11/21/22
to Cruiser Users
   Off route announcement can be turned on / off in "Settings | Voice guidance | Off route warning".
cool, learned something new

   Re-routing only calculates the part of the route from the user location to the next waypoint
and then merges that part with the remaining unchanged route.
Yes, it was after the last shaping point. But it took "ages" (ironic) longer than in Kurviger until the actual taken road was used after re-calculating. I mean this "forcing" an alternative road could be more "intuitive", hope I explain it well.
"improved re-routing" sounds to be good.

Emux

Nov 21, 2022, 3:40:35 AM11/21/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> I mean this "forcing" an alternative road could be more "intuitive", hope I explain it well.

Navigation rerouting can definitely be improved and will be in future versions.

There is also a discussion about it in this forum thread.

--
Emux

Willy

Nov 21, 2022, 4:21:48 AM11/21/22
to Cruiser Users
By Tom: Yes, it was after the last shaping point.
Not sure but:
Could it be related with the last route segment problematic as shown here and the manual ?
https://forum.kurviger.de/t/all-routing-points-deleted-despite-strict-navigation/8650/6?u=0709
A optimalisation workaround was suggested somewhere in the Kurviger forum.
Improve by adding  a last shaping point just before the finish.