"Biker" map theme

Emux

Dec 21, 2022, 9:34:50 AM12/21/22
to cruiser-users
Your familiar map theme now is available in the public domain (LGPL) as "Biker":

https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm/blob/master/vtm-themes/resources/assets/vtm/biker.xml

Everyone can review it and suggest improvements (here or in VTM Discussions).
(the only change was to enable the fuel stations by default)

- "Biker" map theme will be included in the next Cruiser update.

- Also all Mapsforge maps will be updated with new zoom levels.

So the familiar map experience will soon be easily available via the new built-in Download Manager.

--
Emux

Tom

Dec 22, 2022, 3:03:55 AM12/22/22
to Cruiser Users
Awesome 👍

Emux

Dec 22, 2022, 12:15:30 PM12/22/22
to Cruiser Users
"Biker" map theme with its layers is now included in Cruiser 3.0.5.

Mapsforge maps have started updating with the new zoom levels.
(you can get them with the built-in map download manager)

--
Cruiser.jpg
Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 24, 2022, 7:43:25 AM12/24/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Thanks I will check it!

By the way some <line> parameters seem to be wrong?
- "stroke-width" should be "width"
- "stroke-linecap" should be "cap"

Please see the render theme schema with the valid parameters.

(also useful is the render theme documentation)

It would be helpful to use an editor that can validate the content with the above xml schema.

--
Emux

WolfgangS

Dec 24, 2022, 8:54:42 AM12/24/22
to Cruiser Users
Rather rarely I visit airports or train stations with my motorcycle - BUT: the contrast is better on "style-motorideruk.zip" and small roads (better: paths) are really visible! I'll give it a try and hopefully get in use with the new red route (while the highways are now in blue or green) ...

A little annoying (for me) are the permanently displayed "favorites" - until 3.0.6 I could hide them.

2022-12-24 14.40.19.png

Emux

Dec 24, 2022, 9:05:53 AM12/24/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
> A little annoying (for me) are the permanently displayed "favorites" - until 3.0.6 I could hide them.

The favorites can be turned on / off via the "Settings | Map | Favorites".

Or do you mean something else?

--
Emux
Message has been deleted

Emux

Dec 24, 2022, 9:39:49 AM12/24/22
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
Do not forget that the Biker theme is here:
https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm/blob/master/vtm-themes/resources/assets/vtm/biker.xml

If you are comfortable with GitHub, you can write for improvements in its repository:
https://github.com/mapsforge/vtm

And even better post pull requests with the theme changes.

--
Emux

WolfgangS

Dec 24, 2022, 10:08:49 AM12/24/22
to Cruiser Users
Sorry - i must have turned it on by mistake ...

GuG

Jan 6, 2023, 6:38:54 AM1/6/23
to Cruiser Users
I have seen that Mapsforge France has already been updated with the new zoom levels. Looks good with "Biker" map theme.
Question: When will the update for Germany (whole country and regions) available?

Emux

Jan 6, 2023, 6:46:43 AM1/6/23
to cruise...@googlegroups.com
They should be updated in the main server.

After some days the fast mirror also gets them
and then will appear in Cruiser downloader too.

--
Emux