ActiveRecord / pg

wtn

Aug 11, 2011, 7:38:35 PM8/11/11
to Cramp Framework
Hello, I noticed that Cramp supports ActiveRecord.

Does it support ActiveRecord with PostgreSQL?

Dylan Vassallo

Aug 11, 2011, 7:41:15 PM8/11/11
to cramp-f...@googlegroups.com
There are EM PostgreSQL adapters for ActiveRecord so I think that means you can use PG with Cramp. I'm not too familiar with EM and ActiveRecord though, so it would be great if someone else could confirm or deny this.

William T

Aug 11, 2011, 7:50:53 PM8/11/11
to cramp-f...@googlegroups.com
Mike Perham's PG adapters do not work with ActiveRecord 3.

I guess Cramp is mysql2 only?

Pratik

Aug 11, 2011, 7:52:56 PM8/11/11
to cramp-f...@googlegroups.com
I think you should be able to use Cramp + Active Record 2.3.x + Mike
Perham's PG adapters. Cramp only provides fiber pools when you use
mysql2 + AR 3. It should be able to do the same for any other
combination too.

--
Programmer @ 37signals | http://twitter.com/lifo | http://m.onkey.org

Dylan Vassallo

Aug 11, 2011, 8:00:34 PM8/11/11
to cramp-f...@googlegroups.com
Cramp only provides fiber pools when you use mysql2 + AR 3.
Are there any other situations when fiber pools are automatically introduced?

This fork of em-postgresql-adapter appears to support AR3.

Pratik

Aug 11, 2011, 8:04:04 PM8/11/11
to cramp-f...@googlegroups.com
Nop, they are never automatically introduced. You'd have to call
use_fiber_pool in your action.