Concerto Server.ova

Bjorn Carlsson

Aug 12, 2020, 2:48:46 PM8/12/20
to concerto-dig...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please – can you help me? I have put a request on your web Forum, but no reaction from anyone.

I downloaded the concerto_server.ova,

Installed it in the Virtualbox

I start the concerto

I am asked for user

I enter: concerto

I am asked for password

Here whatever I write the characters entered are not displayed.

I enter truc9awr and press Enter

After a few second I am back to login user.

What may be the solution..

Best Regards

Bjorn.

rodrigo....@gmail.com

May 7, 2021, 12:29:59 PMMay 7
to Concerto Digital Signage

Hi, try to always search first what already are at the forum, i e here:

Greetings  /Rodrigo

rodrigo....@gmail.com

May 10, 2021, 9:46:03 AMMay 10
to Concerto Digital Signage

Hi, today 10 Maj 2021, I did find some big issues with OS X "Big Sur" and Oracle VirtualBox when trying to use "concerto_server.ova": Doesn't work!

FIRST
1) Beware!  There is a new processor in Apple/Mac: M1. VirtualBox doesn't work with M1 ARM processors. Read on this here.

2) Then there is the "old" Processor from Intel in Apple/Mac. When installing Virtualbox version 6.1.22 in Big Sur version 11.3.1 then VirtualBox is working -let's say "opening", anyway-  however the Concerto image "concerto_server.ova" doesn't open, here at the picture below you can see the errors at the fail window when trying to open "concerto_server.ova". By the way, I did download the last Debian ISO image and there was also a "Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) message in VirtuaklBox", so the error it's not unique for  "concerto_server.ova" :  Questions: a) What do you recommend to do?  - b) Which OS X do you recommend to be "safe" and be able to use the "concerto_server.ova" (with a virtual machine i e VirtualBox)?  Greetings!  Rodrigo

concerto_server.ova_crash_in_VirtualBox.png

rodrigo....@gmail.com

May 10, 2021, 10:25:44 AMMay 10
to Concerto Digital Signage

UPDATE

Hi, Now I am trying "concerto_server.ova" with VMware Fusion at Mac OS X Big Sur (with Intel Processor) it's seems to be working! I haven't yet allocated to it a IP address so i don't know right now for sure if Concerto is gonna work, but the terminal part (Debian) is working fine!

Greetings  Rodrigo

rodrigo....@gmail.com

May 17, 2021, 2:05:11 PMMay 17
to Concerto Digital Signage

Oracle VM VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/

Hi, finally I got "concerto_server.ova" (VM) working on VirtualBox and Macos Big Sur (yet only with Intel processor not M1 ARM processor)! The thing is that you must first authorize under System Prefererences and Security & Privacy both under General (Allow apps downloaded from) and Privacy so that the VirtualBox application get authorized to work properly in Macos Big Sur. See the printscreen pictures about that here below.

To be aware: Do the authorization under the exact same time than you are installing VirtualBox, otherwise can this authorization part maybe later disappear from Big Sur/System Preferences/Security & Privacy and then you may get, at VirtualBox, problem with not been able to open "concerto_server.ova" and instead the error window Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) is gonna show at VirtualBox:

1908.jpg

Big Sur/System Preferences/Security & Privacy (do both General and Privacy parts):

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 19.37.28.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 19.37.53.png