More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated

Andy Burnelli

Jul 22, 2022, 2:34:52 PM7/22/22
In terms of design commonality every modern consumer operating system
updates in asynchronous layers, whether that operating system is Android,
Windows or Linux (where those updates generally occur essentially forever).

However, by way of stark contrast, the only common consumer operating
system that does NOT update in layers, is the primitive monolithic iOS.

For iOS, if you need even a _single line of code_ to be updated, the
_entire_ operating system has to be rebuilt back at the Apple factory.

Then that _entire operating system_ has to be presented to the _billions_
of iOS users (all for a single line of code that has changed!) where only
then is the monolithic iOS monstrosity pared down to a size for that
device.

No wonder iOS users are _desperate_ for the latest iOS update.
No wonder iOS users habitually bitterly complain they slow things down.

More evidence showing how _primitive_ the iOS monolithic OS design is
(simply by comparing the stone-age design of iOS to that of Android)
*Android Security Patch Level June 01 2022*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/9AXO5jZyD5w>
--
Forever means, in this case, that almost every component is updated
asyncronously over the Internet _without_ needing a carrier update, and

Alan

Jul 22, 2022, 3:39:07 PM7/22/22
On 2022-07-22 11:35, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> In terms of design commonality every modern consumer operating system
> updates in asynchronous layers, whether that operating system is Android,
> Windows or Linux (where those updates generally occur essentially forever).
>
> However, by way of stark contrast, the only common consumer operating
> system that does NOT update in layers, is the primitive monolithic iOS.
>
> For iOS, if you need even a _single line of code_ to be updated, the
> _entire_ operating system has to be rebuilt back at the Apple factory.
>
> Then that _entire operating system_ has to be presented to the _billions_
> of iOS users (all for a single line of code that has changed!) where only
> then is the monolithic iOS monstrosity pared down to a size for that
> device.
> No wonder iOS users are _desperate_ for the latest iOS update.
> No wonder iOS users habitually bitterly complain they slow things down.
>
> More evidence showing how _primitive_ the iOS monolithic OS design is
> (simply by comparing the stone-age design of iOS to that of Android)
> *Android Security Patch Level June 01 2022*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/9AXO5jZyD5w>

'iOS 15.4.1 Review

If your iPhone is currently running iOS 15.4, you’ll see the smallest
iOS 15.4.1 download size.

For iOS 15.4 users, the iOS 15.4.1 download is fairly small. It’s right
around 300MB for iPhone 12 Pro users moving up from the previous version
of iOS 15. You can expect a similar size for other iPhone models.'

<https://www.gottabemobile.com/5-things-to-know-about-the-ios-15-4-1-update/>

For the record, a full update clocks in at nearly 5 times that size.

Bob Campbell

Jul 23, 2022, 11:42:45 AM7/23/22
Please stop feeding the trolls.

John

Jul 24, 2022, 1:44:06 PM7/24/22
On 7/23/2022 8:42 AM, Bob Campbell wrote:
> Please stop feeding the trolls.

From what I have seen every person likes to troll here.

Andy Burnelli

Jul 24, 2022, 7:17:49 PM7/24/22
nospam wrote:

>> Actually Arlen is half-right (or perhaps a quarter right).
>
> actually, he is not.

And yet, nospam _hates_ that I'm right.

*Apple's native apps need to finally break free from iOS updates*
By David Price, Editor, Macworld, JUN 28, 2022
<https://www.macworld.com/article/796615/standalone-native-app-updates-ios.html>

"At the moment, updating your iPhone or iPad is like buying a newspaper.
It's a package deal: you either take it all or walk away with nothing."

It's no longer shocking how incredibly ignorant you iKooks are, nospam.
*You claim all facts you _hate_ about Apple are wrong.*

You have absolutely zero idea _how_ iOS is built back at the factory.
"Individual app updates in particular are perfectly suited to a
pick-and-mix approach, but *that's not how iOS works*. If you want
the Mail update, for example, you have to download iOS 16."

You're actually _desperate_ to claim iOS isn't a monolithic build.
"Cut individual apps from the iOS apron strings and they can
push updates as and when it suits them. Users get new features
on a timely basis, Apple gets to take one more advantage
away from Android"

By denying facts, you are proving you know absolutely nothing about iOS.
"[iOS] is like putting a minimum reading age on a newspaper
because it may contain graphic war photography and then refusing
to sell the comics separately."

The fact is... _plenty_ of articles back up my claim that the
monolithic stone-age antiquated iOS build structure is primitive.

"*Apple's antiquated iOS update* policy is locking users
out of crucial app updates.

Challenge to these ignorant low-IQ no education fact-free iKooks:
Find just one article that backs up your claims.
*Name just one*

Bear in mind there _are_ important exceptions, but they're rare!
"Apple already makes some exceptions to the package approach.
Security updates, for example, are considered too important to
be kept from older devices, and we periodically report that
Apple has released a patch for a previous version of macOS or iOS.
The company recognizes that setting a blanket hardware compatibility
requirement isn't fair or efficient for security - but there are
many more cases where a piecemeal approach would help."

--
If you're going to say all facts you don't like about Apple are wrong,
(much like flat earthers do about the earth) at least provide a URL

Andy Burnelli

Jul 24, 2022, 7:55:02 PM7/24/22
I find it interesting the iKooks came out in droves complaining they _hate_
the fact that iOS is essentially monolithic to the point of denying it.

They provided nary a single reference and yet claimed all facts about iOS
are wrong... simply... because they don't _like_ any facts about Apple.

Yup. These are iKooks. They don't like facts.
So... they claim all facts they don't like about Apple products are wrong.

Facts such as these...
*Why Apple should provide standalone updates for native iOS apps*
January 21, 2022
<https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/21/heres-why-apple-should-provide-standalone-updates-for-native-ios-apps/>

*Apple's native apps need to finally break free from iOS updates*
By David Price, Editor, Macworld, JUN 28, 2022
<https://www.macworld.com/article/796615/standalone-native-app-updates-ios.html>

*Apple Needs to Change How the iPhone Updates* Jul 26, 2021
 <https://debugger.medium.com/apple-needs-to-change-how-the-iphone-updates-6c4b1659c740>

*What Are the Key Differences Between Cisco IOS and IOS-XE?*
<https://www.packetcoders.io/what-are-the-key-differences-between-cisco-ios-and-ios-xe/>

These iKooks all claimed that every fact above is wrong.
Did they supply even a _single_ reference to back up their claims?

Nope.
Why not?

I don't know why not.
I suspect they simply claim all facts they don't like are wrong.

They don't own the IQ to even _understand_ what is said in those references.
But they will pay more for a red iPhone though.

Now that's a fact they believe in.

John

Jul 24, 2022, 11:12:38 PM7/24/22
Joe Ragosta was right years ago when he said the Wintrolls were
technically incompetent.

Andy Burnelli

Jul 25, 2022, 12:32:05 AM7/25/22
John wrote:

> Joe Ragosta was right years ago when he said the Wintrolls were
> technically incompetent.

You're wrong.
Very wrong.

In fact, it's insulting to actual adults what you just said above.
I've studied these iKooks for a long time because they interest me.

I've never met people that ignorant in my entire life - at least not
personally (in all my decades of working in Silicon Valley startups).

These iKooks are not normal people so they can't be compared to normal
people. If you try to do that, you will _never_ be able to understand them.

You don't appear to understand that an iKook is three things combined.
a. Ignorant (shockingly low IQ)
b. Stupid (none of them have any education whatsoever)
c. Enthralled by Apple advertising (facts are anathema to iKooks)

Because of that confluence of 3 basic traits, you can ask the EXACT SAME
QUESTION on any common OS newsgroup other than an Apple OS newsgroup - and
you'll get pretty much the answer to your question on every one but Apple.

Ask me how I know this fact?
HINT: I've tested it out _many_ times.

So please do NOT compare the low-IQ iKooks to normal adults ever again.
Compare them to flat earth proponents instead.

There's much more commonality that way in your comparison criteria.

On Apple newsgroups, they're _desperate_ to change the subject so that
facts about Apple products can not be discussed in any intelligent manner.

For example, in this thread, it was noted (and proven with multiple cites)
that iOS is monolithic.

Every iKook out there denied what iOS is.
Without even _understanding_ what it means to be monolithic.

They just denied it.
Why?

I don't know why.
I just know they denied all facts about Apple that they simply don't like.

Comparing iKooks to normal people on the other platforms is not a fair
comparison because iKooks are incredibly ignorant low-IQ indoctrinated
people.

They're not normal.
Just look at what Chris said.

He said every fact about Apple that he's been hearing for years... is
wrong. Nospam said the same thing.

Any fact about Apple that they don't like, they simply claim it's wrong.
Why?

I don't know why.
It wouldn't matter if I supplied 100 references to their zero about it.

To these iKooks, if it's a fact about Apple that they hate, they deny it.
It's how they maintain a completely imaginary belief system after all.

Hence, please do not compare iKooks to normal people.
Normal people own adult comprehensive skills.

These iKooks don't.

Why not?
Because (a) they're _all_ of a very low IQ, and (b) none of them have any
education whatsoever, but worse, (c) they defend everything Apple to the
death.

You are better off comparing iKooks to flat earth proponents.

Andy Burnelli

Jul 26, 2022, 11:25:35 AM7/26/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:

> In terms of design commonality every modern consumer operating system
> updates in asynchronous layers, whether that operating system is Android,
> Windows or Linux (where those updates generally occur essentially forever).
>
> However, by way of stark contrast, the only common consumer operating
> system that does NOT update in layers, is the primitive monolithic iOS.

It's no longer shocking that not only do iKooks know nothing about their
operating system, but if you tell them any facts about it, they deny them!

FACTS (for the permanent record & for future psychology research to ponder)

1. These are four references which back up the assertion that iOS is
not only _different_ from modern operating systems, but the fact
iOS is monolithic means there are huge disadvantages to the consumer
(with concomitant huge advantages for the Apple mothership, of course).

*Apple Needs to Change How the iPhone Updates* Jul 26, 2021
<https://debugger.medium.com/apple-needs-to-change-how-the-iphone-updates-6c4b1659c740>
"*iOS updates are monolithic*; the operating system
must be updated all at once, and the phone restarted,
rather than updating the individual apps that need fixing."

*Apple's native apps need to finally break free from iOS updates*
By David Price, Editor, Macworld, JUN 28, 2022
<https://www.macworld.com/article/796615/standalone-native-app-updates-ios.html>
"Updating your iPhone or iPad is like buying a newspaper.
*It's a package deal: you either take it all or walk away*
with nothing. Individual app updates in particular are
perfectly suited to a pick-and-mix approach, but
*that's not how iOS works*. If you want the Mail update,
for example, you have to download iOS 16."

*Why Apple should provide standalone updates for native iOS apps*
9to5mac, Jan. 21st 2022
<https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/21/heres-why-apple-should-provide-standalone-updates-for-native-ios-apps/>
"*If there were a way to update the native iOS apps separately*,
iPhone and iPad users could already download the latest version
of Safari that is not vulnerable to the bug."

*What Are the Key Differences Between Cisco IOS and IOS-XE?*
<https://www.packetcoders.io/what-are-the-key-differences-between-cisco-ios-and-ios-xe/>
"*the entire IOS has to be upgraded,*
*rather than individual components*
resulting in disruption to the entire system

2. When informed of those facts, the iKooks flatly denied that these
facts even existed (and yet, just as the earth is round, flatly denying
facts doesn't change the facts that those facts are still facts.

By flatly denying all facts they don't like, the iKooks can maintain
their completely imaginary belief systems intact. The iKooks brazenly
claimed that all facts about Apple they don't like... are wrong.

3. And yet, the iKooks supplied nary a single reference to back up their
(wholly imaginary) belief systems, where they still believe iOS is
not monolithic.

Notice their belief system isn't backed up by even a single fact.
Not even one.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect that facts instantly destroy the iKooks imaginary belief systems.

But that alone doesn't explain why iKooks deny out of hand all facts about
Apple they hate. What _does_ explain iKooks is when you compare them to
flat earth proponents, since there is essentially no distinction then.

Q: What do iKooks and flat earth proponents have in common?
1. They all own a substandard IQ
2. None of them have any education to speak of
3. All have their ego deeply invested in a lie
--
REFERENCES:
*Apple Needs to Change How the iPhone Updates* Jul 26, 2021
<https://debugger.medium.com/apple-needs-to-change-how-the-iphone-updates-6c4b1659c740>

"Google can rapidly fix security flaws and make improvements,
without needing to convince people to reboot their phones,
or really know the update was installed at all.
*They get security fixes constantly*, regardless of if the
flaw is in the Messages app or the Phone app."

"*iOS updates are monolithic*; the operating system must be updated
all at once, and the phone restarted, rather than updating the
individual apps that need fixing."

"*This method of updating feels outdated* and doesn't make much sense
in 2021; you wouldn't expect an update that adds new features or
security to Slack's chat app to require a computer reboot, yet iOS
requires this for every update to the core apps on your phone, and
is likely why many people put off updating until they get tired of
tapping the 'update later' button."

"The reality, however, is that Apple could make its customers' lives
so much easier if it unbundled its operating system and made it
more modular, *it's just choosing not to*."

[...]

"the company sometimes fails to deliver bug fixes and security
improvements as quickly as possible to its users because
*it needs to update the entire system to fix those things*.
It's past time for Apple to offer standalone updates
for native iOS apps."

"If there were a way to update the native iOS apps separately,
iPhone and iPad users could already download the latest version
of Safari that is not vulnerable to the bug."

*What Are the Key Differences Between Cisco IOS and IOS-XE?*
<https://www.packetcoders.io/what-are-the-key-differences-between-cisco-ios-and-ios-xe/>

"*the entire IOS has to be upgraded, rather than individual components*
resulting in disruption to the entire system (unless you have the
expensive dual-supervisor hardware)."

John

Jul 27, 2022, 1:41:35 PM7/27/22
My observation is that the resident Winkookery have never used Apple
products.

Andy Burnelli

Jul 28, 2022, 12:28:41 PM7/28/22
John wrote:

> My observation is that the resident Winkookery have never used Apple
> products.

The regulars have tried that childish trick and it has failed for them as I
own more Apple products than some of you iKooks do (mostly iOS though).

I get it though that you are _desperate_ to find a way to claim that
all facts about Apple products are wrong - as that's what you iKooks do.

That's why you can never compare iKooks to the normal computer users.

What's _different_ about you iKooks is that you're always three things:
a. Stupid (i.e., low IQ)
b. Ignorant (e.g., none of you have any education to speak of)
c. Your ego is tied to baseless Apple product claims

You're _desperate_ to claim all facts about Apple are wrong
because you based your entire belief system on advertising claims.

You can't fathom that you were misled so you blame the messenger of facts.
Which is _different_ from Windows, Linux, and Android users.

They don't put their entire ego into the advertising claims of Microsoft,
Canonical, or Google as they didn't buy the product based on MARKETING.

That's what's _different_ about iKooks.
They're not like normal people are.

You iKooks are more similar to flat-earth proponents.

John Gardner

Aug 29, 2022, 8:24:42 AM8/29/22
Bob Campbell <no...@none.none> wrote:
> Please stop feeding the trolls.

It won’t work. So many people here keep responding thinking they can
convince the troll to join a proper debate. They don’t realise the trolls
only use them to break through killfiles. We have a couple of people here
making a lot of noise and then another lot who amplify their nasty hate
speech. Killfile them all for your own sanity.

RJH

Aug 29, 2022, 11:01:24 AM8/29/22
On 29 Aug 2022 at 1:24:38 PM, John Gardner <use...@gardner.host> wrote:

> It won¢t work. So many people here keep responding thinking they can
> convince the troll to join a proper debate. They don¢t realise the trolls
> only use them to break through killfiles. We have a couple of people here
> making a lot of noise and then another lot who amplify their nasty hate
> speech. Killfile them all for your own sanity.

Plonk!
--
Cheers, Rob

badgolferman

Aug 29, 2022, 12:25:58 PM8/29/22
One man’s troll is another man’s source of information and/or
entertainment. There’s a fine line between trolling and having a different
opinion.

Joerg Lorenz

Aug 29, 2022, 12:36:24 PM8/29/22
Am 23.07.22 um 17:42 schrieb Bob Campbell:
> Please stop feeding the trolls.

What others do or don't is none of your business. Learn to use the
filter of your client.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Joerg Lorenz

Aug 29, 2022, 12:37:34 PM8/29/22
Am 24.07.22 um 19:43 schrieb John:
> On 7/23/2022 8:42 AM, Bob Campbell wrote:
>> Please stop feeding the trolls.
>

> From what I have seen every person likes to troll here.

When I look at your mail-address you are absolutely right.

Joerg Lorenz

Aug 29, 2022, 12:41:43 PM8/29/22
Am 29.08.22 um 17:01 schrieb RJH:
You are a Troll and ridiculous.
Learn to plonk silently. And learn to use filters.

sms

Aug 29, 2022, 12:54:09 PM8/29/22
On 8/29/2022 9:25 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> One man’s troll is another man’s source of information and/or
> entertainment. There’s a fine line between trolling and having a different
> opinion.

Pretty sure that the original poster was not referring to posts where
someone just has a different opinion, but was referring to "those who
must not be named" that reply with content-free posts just to be
annoying. The recent thread on "Using a 3Gs for a driving GPS" once
again revealed who the trolls actually are. Some of us provided real
information, complete with citations and references. Some just wanted a
chance to be obnoxious, or actually were as clueless as their responses
made them appear.

nospam

Aug 29, 2022, 12:58:09 PM8/29/22
In article <teiqvc$16dad$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Pretty sure that the original poster was not referring to posts where
> someone just has a different opinion, but was referring to "those who
> must not be named" that reply with content-free posts just to be
> annoying.

namely you.

> The recent thread on "Using a 3Gs for a driving GPS" once
> again revealed who the trolls actually are. Some of us provided real
> information, complete with citations and references.

yep, and it wasn't who you think.

> Some just wanted a
> chance to be obnoxious, or actually were as clueless as their responses
> made them appear.

a perfect description of you.

your claims were immediately debunked, as they normally are.

it's your standard shtick, massive projection, claiming others are
trolling, when it's actually you all along. you're not fooling anyone.

Ken Blake

Aug 29, 2022, 1:10:25 PM8/29/22
On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:58:05 -0400, nospam wrote:

> it's your standard shtick, massive projection, claiming others are
> trolling, when it's actually you all along. you're not fooling anyone.

Sounds like you too.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 30, 2022, 5:32:16 PM8/30/22
If nobody can find even a _single_ useful fullscreen clock app to put on
this older iPad (which isn't even that old, in terms of modern computers),
then it's proof that iOS has the _shortest_ life of all consumer platforms.

*Can you find a single CLOCK app for an old iOS device?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.ipad/c/9o5ap38vHNU>
"It's sad that iOS has the SHORTEST update cycle of all
common consumer operating systems"

Can you find a _single_ fullscreen free ad/free clock app for that iPad?
--
If not, it's proof positive of what I've been saying all along.

gtr

Aug 30, 2022, 10:58:20 PM8/30/22
On Jul 23, 2022 at 8:42:36 AM PDT, "Bob Campbell" <no...@none.none> wrote:

> Please stop feeding the trolls.

To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct their
lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.

Sadly it's important to continu this at every point in the political life of
the US.

nospam

Aug 31, 2022, 8:36:13 AM8/31/22
In article <temio7$1n4pe$1...@dont-email.me>, gtr <x...@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> > Please stop feeding the trolls.
>
> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct their
> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.

they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.

> Sadly it's important to continu this at every point in the political life of
> the US.

that too.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 31, 2022, 1:36:02 PM8/31/22
nospam wrote:

>> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct their
>> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.
>
> they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.

I will take that as a challenge since I only speak facts, nospam.

Bearing in mind you brazenly deny all facts simply because you don't like
them, I challenge you, nospam, to name a _single_ post of mine where you
think I've spread what you call "disinformation"... C'mon. Do it!
*Name just one*

>> Sadly it's important to continu this at every point in the political life of
>> the US.
>
> that too.

Owning adult cognitive skills, I suspect people are politically the same as
they are on this newsgroup, where, for example, Steve will stop at nothing
to shill for his favored company - even to the point of lying about it.

So will nospam defend Apple to the death, such that I suspect nospam will
also lie like a rug whenever it comes to whatever his political views are.

Me?

Hell, I'm the same fact-based sensible logical person on politics as I am
on computers which is no political party propaganda tells me how to think.

Wanna hear an _adult_ educated sensible set of politics, nospam?

a. Abortion - it _is_ homicide but it's "OK" because the mother,
the family, and society benefit from killing a baby nobody wants.

b. Guns - they _do_ kill but it's a "right" to be as powerful in some ways
as the government is - as it's a fundamental tenet of our Constitution.

c. Common Core - heh heh - I live in one of the richest location in the
country, and _they_ don't believe in common core based on what they do.

d. Immigration - this country is built on it - but we also have laws, and
my family _legally_ came from Germany so why can't we follow our own
laws? If we don't want to enforce our laws, then it becomes capricious,
and that's worse. If we don't like the laws, we should change them.
Otherwise, we should enforce them. This is simple democracy stuff.

e. Global Warming - holy shit - nobody believes it who "says" they believe
in it, as you can tell by what they _do_ (not what they say).
For example, what did Germany do recently? Go back to coal, right.
Same with China. Japan went back to nuclear. All because they ran into
a tiny hurdle. Nobody who "talks" global warming actually believes
a word they, themselves, say, and the proof is in what they _do_
(not what they say). What they _say_ is they need a brand new tax.

f. Student Loan Debt - that's a tough one because I paid off mine, and
when you work, just your first year of about 50% (complete, not just
one tax) taxes will pay the government back in all the subsidies.
Yet, kids think a measly $100K in loans is a crushing burden, which,
for someone making minimum wage, it is; but they're supposed to be
educated so they should be making ten times minimum wage - but
then again, I think education should be free so this is just another
way (along with FAFSA and PELL) to make education a bit more free.
It will likely impact inflation though... and attitudes in the future.
Note: When you buy a house, your loans are in the millions, by way
of stark contrast to how puny a mere $100K in loans truly is.

Anyway... no political party tells _me_ how to think.

Just as I don't buy the Apple propaganda, I don't buy the political
propaganda, simply because I own adult cognitive skills.

You can disagree with my position but my assessment is based on facts.

Alan

Aug 31, 2022, 1:46:09 PM8/31/22
On 2022-08-31 10:36, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct
>>> their
>>> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.
>>
>> they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.
>
> I will take that as a challenge since I only speak facts, nospam.

That is an out and out lie.

Wally J

Dec 22, 2023, 12:17:30 PM12/22/23
badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote

>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>
> I not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.

How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as iKooks?

This is a seminal discussion which shows what the iKooks really are
and which needs to be in the public record for future generations.

Exactly. This is why I've never considered you (or Ant or Steve, et al.) an
iKook but why _everyone_ knows that Alan Baker, for one, is an iKook.

You have the cognitive ability to comprehend that physical forces are the
same in all directions, particularly the forces that suspend a bridge are
the same forces that act upon a motorcycle navigating a curve at speed.

As an aside (owning a K1200 myself as I believe you have a Gold Wing), it
mostly applies in racing circuits (as the real world has opposing traffic).

It's likely that Alan Baker, even after furiously searching for the
definition, found mostly equidistant suspension bridging references, and
yet, since he lacks any education in Calculus or Physics, he can't relate
the vertical directional forces with the same horizontally directed forces.

Worse, while he claims to own a BMW, he's ignorant of the most basic of the
terms used for bimmers and beemers alike, which means his mind is on off.

Likewise, he claims to "teach racing" and yet he's likely never heard of a
catenary, which, let's be clear, would be discussed in any racing circuit
(other than straight-line drag racing perhaps, as no curves are involved).

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The point of bringing up the catenary or the metric tensor or Christoffel
symbols or even Dunning Kruger effects isn't so much what they are - but
that the iKooks are ignorant of them and yet they form strong opinions.

Jolly Roger thinks he's an iKook because "we disagree" but that's yet
another trait of the iKook to completely misunderstand the obvious.

He's an iKook not because we disagree - but because he strongly believes in
things which he's completely ignorant of - for example, Jolly Roger
repeatedly claims Apple fully patches older releases - when Apple doesn't.

Sure. We disagree. But my disagreement is based on Apple's own words.
His belief system is based on absolutely no facts whatsoever that matter.

Apple says they do not fully patch older releases.
Jolly Roger says they do.
In fact, he's sure of it.

Simply because Apple fixed a bug or two in an older release.
That's full "proof" to Jolly Roger that Apple fully patches older releases!

No fact can or will sway Jolly Roger from his purely imaginary beliefs.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

Not only do the iKooks lack that cognitive ability, badgolferman, but they
form strong opinions that all science is "dubious" simply because they
a. are ignorant of it...
b. because they're uneducated...
c. as a result of their low IQ

It's why the iKooks can't put together that Apple's variant excuses for
removing basic functionality is because Apple wants to them to buy it back.

Instead of putting things together, as you just did (and as most normal
adults would do), they accept Apple's individual explanations (e.g., "it's
courageous") because it's much simpler for them to accept a direct excuse.

The whole point of this thread is to point out what iKooks really are.

My main point about the iKooks is simply that they form strong opinions
about things that they spend absolutely no energy actually understanding.

Alan Browne, for example, repeatedly claims there is no walled garden
simply because he's completely ignorant that he's logging into it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

This is a classic Dunning-Kruger first quartile trait, where they are so
confident of their assessments that they don't realize how wrong they are.

It's what I'm trying to patiently explain to Hemidactylus, who deprecated
the Dunning-Kruger graphs, where I fit into those same graphs as do you.

The difference is that I _understand_ what Dunning-Kruger papers explained.

It's the same with the catenary where, by now, Alan Baker has probably
furiously googled enough to find that it's a well-taught well-discussed
term in racing (particularly in motorcycle racing, as you've surmised).

Yet, he's likely never heard of it nor, more importantly, since ignorance
can be cured, he doesn't understand that it's an extremely important fact.

Just as nospam can't stand that he was ignorant that iOS doesn't have any
app store apps that graphically show wi-fi signal strength over time,
they'll make a childish kindergarten excuse for why they lack knowledge.

In nospam's case, that childish excuse is he'll repeatedly claim that apps
exist - and yet - when asked to "name just one" - he's never once named it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

It's the same with Hemidactylus claiming the D-K is a weapon when everyone
fits into the D-K graphs - yes - everyone - including you and including me.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The iKooks don't even realize _why_ they're iKooks, badgolferman.

But they prove it whenever the only way they can deal with facts that
they're ignorant of, like Alan Browne did, is to call people an 'it'.

Do you know why Alan Browne calls people dealing with facts an 'it'?
I do.

HINT: If he negates the person, he feels he's negated all the facts too.
--
How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?

Alan

Dec 22, 2023, 12:20:09 PM12/22/23
On 2023-12-22 09:17, Wally J wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>>
>> I▌ not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
>> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
>> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.
>
> How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as iKooks?

<snip!>

Other than mental illness, is there some reason you felt you needed to
repeat the same post this many times?

Jolly Roger

Dec 22, 2023, 12:28:18 PM12/22/23
Because he got called out and is hella-triggered. 🤣 It literally
consumes his thoughts every waking moment. He's flailing helplessly.

JR