Re: Apple Silicon M1 Chip in MacBook Air Outperforms High-End 16-Inch MacBook Pro and All iOS Devices

Arlen Holder

Nov 12, 2020, 12:54:26 PM11/12/20
On 12 Nov 2020 17:37:00 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
> Apple's chip design team is *killing* it!i Bravo!

See also the actual _facts_ (not utter bullshit from Apple MARKETING)...

o The new ARM technology TSMC Silicon powered MacBook Pro maxes out at 16GB of RAM & the M1 supports only 2 USB ports
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.system/c/5QbTpwJFT-0>

o The new TSMC Silicon powered MacBook Pro can't use an eGPU (support for all non-Apple GPUs would be dropped)
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.system/c/_jHTerfLHF8>

o Which Apple CPUs, bootroms, & SEP secure enclave coprocessors do NOT already have well-known unpatchable fatal design flaws?
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/6WKS9KpSyJA/m/ycaYwqSsCQAJ>

o Boot Camp freeware to dual boot Windows & MacOS is dead on all new ARM-core Macs
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.system/c/qgnkyly9Aj4>

o Did Apple (yet again) fail in chip design (just like they did with modems) this time with graphics chips?
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.system/c/Bz7wouZhKcU>

o Yet another of the never-ending plethora of unpatchable security flaws in Apple's chips widely reported in the news today
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.mac.system/c/l9nwDIdIIkU/m/FxNf1USgAwAJ>

etc.
--
Jolly Roger isn't archived in dejagoogle... but he is archived here:
<http://comp.sys.mac.system.narkive.com>

> From: Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com>
> Newsgroups:
comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad

Alan Baker

Nov 12, 2020, 1:01:30 PM11/12/20
On 2020-11-12 9:54 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2020 17:37:00 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> Apple's chip design team is *killing* it!i Bravo!
>
> See also the actual _facts_ (not utter bullshit from Apple MARKETING)...
>
> o The new ARM technology TSMC Silicon powered MacBook

Since that is utter bullshit, why should I bother looking further.

Apple designs its own chips, Arlen.

Accept it.

Alan Baker

Nov 12, 2020, 1:13:55 PM11/12/20
On 2020-11-12 10:03 a.m., Jolly Roger wrote:
> Poor little butt-hurt Arleen is a pathetic waste of life.

This one is particularly hilarious because he drones on endlessly about
how he is never factually incorrect.

:-)

Arlen Holder

Dec 1, 2020, 11:59:59 PM12/1/20
New "*Qualcomm Silicon*" 5nm SOC with integrated 5G... ooops, I didn't mean
"*Qualcomm Silicon*" because Qualcomm isn't Apple who bullshits their
customers to the limits of credularity, so you won't hear "*Qualcomm
Silicon*" in their press release today of their 5nm SOC with integrated 5G:
o Qualcomm Redefines Premium at Snapdragon Tech Summit Digital 2020 (Press Release)
<https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2020/12/01/qualcomm-redefines-premium-snapdragon-tech-summit-digital-2020>

I'm not sure how much is hype & how much matters, but they said it has:
o "mmWave and sub-6 across all major bands worldwide"
o "support for 5G carrier aggregation"
o "global multi-SIM"
o "stand alone, non-stand alone, and Dynamic Spectrum"
o "26 tera operations per second (TOPS)" AI
o "lower-power always-on AI processing"
o Updateable GPU Drivers"
o "Desktop Forward Rendering"
o "frame rates achieving up to 144 frames per second (fps)"
o "photos and videos at 2.7 gigapixels per second or roughly 120 photos at
12MP resolution"
As always, take any press release for what it is (MARKETING shills)...

BTW, it's "Samsung Silicon", if it's anything, but it's just stupid to call
it "*Qualcomm Silicon*" or "Samsung Silicon" even as Apple pretends to call
their TSMC Silicon ARM technology devices, "Apple Silicon", which sounds as
ridiculous as it would for Qualcomm to call this "*Qualcomm Silicon*" as a
marketing ploy to take people's minds off the fact it's Samsung Silicon.

Why doesn't Qualcomm call their own chips "*Qualcomm Silicon*" anyway?
o HINT: Qualcomm isn't 100% MARKETING and nearly 0% R&D like Apple is

See details in:
o Qualcomm SnapDragin 888 on-board 5nm X60 5G sub-6 & mmWave & 144Hz displays
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/xYQSCys6vLs>

And here for the insanely laughable R&D percentage of Apple expenditures:
o Nobody spends less in R&D % in all high tech than does Apple
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/STrAkx09VYk>
--
Apple owners tend to fall for the bullshit more so than intelligent people.