Remember Apple essentially LIED to Congress last year ... well ... guess what ... ANOTHER LETTER for Tim Cook from Congress

arlen holder

Feb 9, 2019, 1:02:58 AM2/9/19
FACT:

Letter from Congress to Tim Cook:
<https://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/democrats.energycommerce.house.gov/files/documents/Apple.2019.2.5.%20Letter%20re%20Group%20FaceTime%20Privacy%20Violation.CPC__0.pdf>

"Dear Mr. Cook,"

"We are deeply troubled by the recent press reports about how _long_ it
took for Apple ot address a significant privacy violation identified by
Grant Thompson, a 14-year old... "

... We are writing to better understand _when_ Apple _first_ learned
of this security flaw, the extent to which the flaw has compromised
consumers' privacy, and whether there are other undisclosed bugs
that currently exist and have not been addressed"

Remember Apple essentially _lied_ to Congress last year about throttling?
o I openly predict Apple will get caught in another fib this time around.

Mark my words.
o Time will tell...

Facts + Logic are the major weakness of _all_ the Apple Apologists.

Alan Baker

Feb 9, 2019, 1:05:47 AM2/9/19
On 2019-02-08 10:02 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> FACT:
>
> Letter from Congress to Tim Cook:
> <https://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/democrats.energycommerce.house.gov/files/documents/Apple.2019.2.5.%20Letter%20re%20Group%20FaceTime%20Privacy%20Violation.CPC__0.pdf>
>
> "Dear Mr. Cook,"
>
> "We are deeply troubled by the recent press reports about how _long_ it
> took for Apple ot address a significant privacy violation identified by
> Grant Thompson, a 14-year old... "

That's a fact that they're troubled...

...but then it's good "marketing" for them to say that, isn't it?

> ... We are writing to better understand _when_ Apple _first_ learned
> of this security flaw, the extent to which the flaw has compromised
> consumers' privacy, and whether there are other undisclosed bugs
> that currently exist and have not been addressed"
>
> Remember Apple essentially _lied_ to Congress last year about throttling?

No, I don't.

Would you quote this lie?

arlen holder

Feb 9, 2019, 1:26:28 AM2/9/19
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 22:05:46 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

>> Remember Apple essentially _lied_ to Congress last year about throttling?
>
> No, I don't.
> Would you quote this lie?

Dear badgolferman,

How on earth can anyone respond as an adult to Alan Baker?
He refutes _everything_ out of hand, sans even clicking on links!

He doesn't even know what EVERYONE else knows when he does so.

Dear badgolferman,
How on earth does anyone communicate with this type of person?

HINT: ALL the Apple Apologists own the same mind.
For example, nospam & others claimed the iPhone X wasn't throttled!

Jesus Christ ... Badgolferman,
Don't you see there is no adult way to deal with people _that_ ignorant
who then out of hand _deny_ all facts that they don't like?

You can be ignorant like all the Apologists are.
Or, you can deny facts out of hand, like all the Apologists do.

But when you put those two things together, as Alan Baker does...
o Then what badgolferman?

These apologists don't know the _simplest_ things about Apple products!
o I don't have the social skills needed to answer their idiotic questions.

I man, EVERYONE knows EXACTLY the lie Apple was caught in.
o It made the news
o I reported on it
o It's incontrovertible fact

And yet, the Apologists are _all_ ignorant of even these basic facts.

Dear badgolferman,
Seriously.

*How does one deal with people _that_ incredibly ignorant?*

arlen holder

Feb 9, 2019, 2:23:06 AM2/9/19
FACTS:
Apple essentially lied to Congress in Feb 2018
o Reported on Oct 31st 2018 when Apple throttled iPhone Xs & iPhone 8s.

LOGIC:
While Apple essentially lied to Congress about the need for throttling last
year, it's going to be a bit more difficult for Apple to lie their way
through this set of inquiries ... simply because the dates people reported
the bugs are out of Apple's control.

o Apple FaceTime bug prompts investigation from NY attorney general
<https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-facetime-bug-prompts-investigation-from-ny-attorney-general/>
"New York Attorney General Letitia James announced the probe
on Wednesday, saying Apple failed to warn people about the
security flaw and _didn't address the issue quickly_"

BTW, since Alan Baker loves to ignore mainstream media in favor of finding
random twitter accounts from random shills that say what Alan Baker wants
to hear...

I can find (random) twitter accounts too - only this twitter reference
happens not to be some random guy, but from the Attorney General of the
state of New York herself:

"We're launching an investigation into Apple's failure to warn consumers
about the FaceTime privacy breach & the _slow response_ to addressing
the issue"
<https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1090711271551455232>

See also:
o 800-697-1220 Hot line established to complain about Apple's slow response to security vulnerabilities
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/-4bcDbzAt2k>

Alan Baker

Feb 9, 2019, 9:17:00 PM2/9/19
On 2019-02-08 10:26 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 22:05:46 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>>> Remember Apple essentially _lied_ to Congress last year about throttling?
>>
>> No, I don't.
>> Would you quote this lie?
>
> Dear badgolferman,
>
> How on earth can anyone respond as an adult to Alan Baker?
> He refutes _everything_ out of hand, sans even clicking on links!

How about by providing the quote of this supposed "lie" and the proof
that it was untrue?

Alan Baker

Feb 9, 2019, 9:21:39 PM2/9/19
On 2019-02-08 11:23 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> FACTS:
> Apple essentially lied to Congress in Feb 2018
> o Reported on Oct 31st 2018 when Apple throttled iPhone Xs & iPhone 8s.

And yet not supported, it is just an ASSERTION.

> LOGIC:
> While Apple essentially lied to Congress about the need for throttling last
> year, it's going to be a bit more difficult for Apple to lie their way
> through this set of inquiries ... simply because the dates people reported
> the bugs are out of Apple's control.

You've yet to prove Apple lied.

> o Apple FaceTime bug prompts investigation from NY attorney general
> <https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-facetime-bug-prompts-investigation-from-ny-attorney-general/>
> "New York Attorney General Letitia James announced the probe
> on Wednesday, saying Apple failed to warn people about the
> security flaw and _didn't address the issue quickly_"

Which has what to do with whether Apple supposedly lied?

> BTW, since Alan Baker loves to ignore mainstream media in favor of finding
> random twitter accounts from random shills that say what Alan Baker wants
> to hear...

It was the content of the tweets, "Arlen".

> I can find (random) twitter accounts too - only this twitter reference
> happens not to be some random guy, but from the Attorney General of the
> state of New York herself:
>
> "We're launching an investigation into Apple's failure to warn consumers
> about the FaceTime privacy breach & the _slow response_ to addressing
> the issue"
> <https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1090711271551455232>

Bravo for them.

It's great marketing!

arlen holder

Feb 9, 2019, 9:27:35 PM2/9/19
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 18:16:59 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> How about by providing the quote of this supposed "lie" and the proof
> that it was untrue?

Hi Alan Baker,

One thing you'll never find is a mistake in material fact from me.
o My credibility is stunningly perfect simply because I cite only facts.

However, as badgolferman aptly noted, you and I are not in the same league
when it comes to _comprehending_ facts; so please realize this is my first
and last post to you in this thread.

In deference to badgolferman's request to respond at a very minimum to
close-minded people, I simply provide a cite that contains all you ask,
if only you click on it, & assuming you read & comprehend what is quoted.

o iPhone throttling of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/1RiqBADD-vE/Hry3kQmMFAAJ>

Just some of the many valid well referenced quotes in that cite, are...

"In Apple's rebuttal to congress, the company says its newest
iPhones have unspecified 'hardware updates' that prevent them
from needing to be slowed down like the iPhone 6 or 6S."

"At the time, Apple told Senator John Thune that its newest
phones didn't need the same performance management feature
because 'iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X models include
hardware updates that allow a more advanced performance management
system that more precisely allows iOS to anticipate and avoid
an unexpected shutdown"

"Initially, this battery throttling only applied to the iPhone 6S
or older. Later it came to the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
As of iOS 12.1 it's coming to the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X."

"Apple is pulling something of a trick here by quietly adding
[involuntary throttling] to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X after the fact...
we wouldn't be surprised to see the new iPhone XS and XR phones
added to the [throttling] down the line "

arlen holder

Feb 9, 2019, 9:29:05 PM2/9/19
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:27:34 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder wrote:

> However, as badgolferman aptly noted, you and I are not in the same league
> when it comes to _comprehending_ facts; so please realize this is my first
> and last post to you in this thread.

Lest the silly childish games begin... my _second_ and last post...

Alan Baker

Feb 9, 2019, 9:52:08 PM2/9/19
On 2019-02-09 6:27 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 18:16:59 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> How about by providing the quote of this supposed "lie" and the
>> proof that it was untrue?
>
> Hi Alan Baker,
>
> One thing you'll never find is a mistake in material fact from me.

You mean other than your mistake in material fact about when mom posted
her video and contacted Apple, but no matter.

> o My credibility is stunningly perfect simply because I cite only
> facts.
>
> However, as badgolferman aptly noted, you and I are not in the same
> league when it comes to _comprehending_ facts; so please realize this
> is my first and last post to you in this thread.
>
> In deference to badgolferman's request to respond at a very minimum
> to close-minded people, I simply provide a cite that contains all you
> ask, if only you click on it, & assuming you read & comprehend what
> is quoted.
>
> o iPhone throttling of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/1RiqBADD-vE/Hry3kQmMFAAJ>
>
> Just some of the many valid well referenced quotes in that cite,
> are...

Then provide the original sources.

> "In Apple's rebuttal to congress, the company says its newest iPhones
> have unspecified 'hardware updates' that prevent them from needing to
> be slowed down like the iPhone 6 or 6S."

What is the source for that?

How is it a lie?

> "At the time, Apple told Senator John Thune that its newest phones
> didn't need the same performance management feature because 'iPhone
> 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X models include hardware updates that
> allow a more advanced performance management system that more
> precisely allows iOS to anticipate and avoid an unexpected shutdown"

Same points.

> "Initially, this battery throttling only applied to the iPhone 6S or
> older. Later it came to the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. As of iOS
> 12.1 it's coming to the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X."

Unsourced.

> "Apple is pulling something of a trick here by quietly adding
> [involuntary throttling] to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X after the
> fact... we wouldn't be surprised to see the new iPhone XS and XR
> phones added to the [throttling] down the line "

No original source.

arlen holder

Feb 11, 2019, 6:04:03 AM2/11/19
On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 18:52:04 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> You mean other than your mistake in material fact about when mom posted
> her video and contacted Apple, but no matter.

This thread contains fact and logic which necessitate adult comprehension.
o Fact + Logic

FACT:
o Apple essentially _lied_ to Congress about iPhone X (& iPhone 8) throttling
o That! Is a fact.

Another fact is:
o Apple is yet again, only one year later, being summoned to answer to Congress

LOGIC:
By all accounts, Apple lied to Congress in February of last year:
o (i.e., "not _as_ necessary")

HINT: Nobody ever said Apple lawyers & marketing are not extremely clever.
o Ala, "I did not have sexual _relations_ with that woman..." :)
o Ala, "I did not _inhale_"
o Ala, "Throttling of the iPhone 8 and iPhone X is not _as_ necessary"
etc.

Given the "as" was extremely clever on the part of Apple...
o Any sentient adult can see right through that two-letter ruse.

LOGIC:
The logic is that it's a bold faced blatant lie to Congress, which any
reasonably open-minded adult can see.

FACT:
o Apple began throttling of iPhone X & iPhone 7 on Oct 31st of last year

Hmmmm... all adults can see around this corner as to what's coming up.

FACT:
o Apple is yet again being summoned to account for their actions, before Congress.

LOGIC:
o This time the timeline will be such that Apple won't be able to lie as easily
o That! Is logic.

NOTE: Fact + logic are the major weakness of the dozen Apple Apologists.
o I don't even need to prove that statement as Apologist's posts prove it for me.

The Apologists' belief system is, shockingly, entirely imaginary:
o It's wholly a fabrication of BRILLIANT Apple Marketing Propaganda.

Alan Baker

Feb 12, 2019, 11:41:12 PM2/12/19
On 2019-02-11 3:04 a.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 18:52:04 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> You mean other than your mistake in material fact about when mom posted
>> her video and contacted Apple, but no matter.
>
> This thread contains fact and logic which necessitate adult comprehension.

Sorry, but we're dealing with your claim—now snipped, but I'll put it
back for you:

'One thing you'll never find is a mistake in material fact from me.'

Do you acknowledge you made a mistake in material fact regarding when
the mother of the young man who discovered the Facetime bug posted her
video and informed Apple about it?

That's a simple, "yes" or "no" question.

We can move on (like adults) after you've dealt with that question.

:-)

arlen holder

Feb 13, 2019, 10:30:59 PM2/13/19
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:41:11 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> Do you acknowledge you made a mistake in material fact regarding when
> the mother of the young man who discovered the Facetime bug posted her
> video and informed Apple about it?

Hi Alan Baker,

Even I eventually tire of your childishly idiotic Apple Apologist
meaningless games.

Facts + logic.

FACT:
o I posted exactly what the NY Times & _other_ reliable media posted.
o You posted what an utterly random twitter account posted.

LOGIC:
o The lemon-juice bank robber _still_ believes lemon juice works.
o (He believes that from jail, by the way.)

John McWilliams

Feb 13, 2019, 11:20:43 PM2/13/19
Too many ng's.

Alan Baker

Feb 14, 2019, 12:01:33 AM2/14/19
On 2019-02-13 7:30 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:41:11 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> Do you acknowledge you made a mistake in material fact regarding when
>> the mother of the young man who discovered the Facetime bug posted her
>> video and informed Apple about it?
>
> Hi Alan Baker,
>
> E...

I'm through playing your games.

...like an adult would.

arlen holder

Feb 14, 2019, 9:46:14 PM2/14/19
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 21:01:32 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

The question is simply whether Apple will again lie to Congress.

FACT + LOGIC

FACT:
o Proof was supplied showing Apple essentially lied to Congress.

LOGIC:
o The question arises whether Apple will again lie to Congress.

nospam

Feb 14, 2019, 10:29:34 PM2/14/19
In article <q4595k$iep$3...@news.mixmin.net>, arlen holder
<ar...@arlen.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 21:01:32 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
> The question is simply whether Apple will again lie to Congress.

apple has never lied to congress because doing so is *highly* illegal.

if you think otherwise, go retain a law firm and file a lawsuit.

just don't expect to get very far.

Alan Baker

Feb 14, 2019, 11:00:23 PM2/14/19
On 2019-02-14 6:46 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 21:01:32 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> The ques...

...you know: like an adult would.

:-)

arlen holder

Feb 14, 2019, 11:05:24 PM2/14/19
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:29:40 -0500, nospam wrote:

> apple has never lied to congress because doing so is *highly* illegal.

Hi nospam,

Facts + logic.
o You _hate_ facts, nospam, because facts don't fit your imaginary belief system.

For example, you were completely ignorant of the wifi issue, the cellular
issue, the app drawer issue, the throttling of iPhone X issue, etc., so why
wouldn't you be absolutely completely ignorant of Apple's lie to Congress
last February, even though I _proved_ it already in this very thread (as I
took my cues from the reliable media, nospam).

Note that I _backed up_ all my claims, nospam.
o Note that you back up absolutely nothing.

That fact that you just make everything up, nospam...
o Should not be lost on sentient logical intelligent adults.

In fact, nospam, you make everything up such that...
o I've _never_ once been wrong, and, yet, you are almost always wrong.

Those are facts, nospam.
o Yes. Facts.

None of you Apple Apologists even _click_ on the references...
o Before you flatly claim that all thruthful facts are a lie!

You Apologists have been flatly denying facts for decades!
o So I wouldn't expect, you, nospam, of all people, to change.

FACTS + LOGIC
o That! Is the weakness of all the dozen Apple Apologists on this ng!

Remember, I've _never_ once been wrong on material facts.
o Not even once! (see note 1)

FACT + LOGIC

The difference between you, nospam, and normal adults ...
o Is that normal adults can comprehend both facts & logic

FACT:
Tim Cook has been caught in many a public lie, nospam.
o For example, on the secret battery fiasco, he publicly lied on the record

FACT:
To Congress, it's clear EXACTLY what Apple said last February
o And it's clear that Apple did the OPPOSITE in last October

LOGIC:
I _already_ posted the proof, which you didn't comprehend, nospam,
before flatly denying that the facts are facts are facts are facts.

Here's the post to Alan Baker proving those very facts.
o And yes, I'm aware of your silly semantic games you love to play!

=============== cut here for facts posted already in this thread =========

--
Note 1: Since I'm human, even though I'm only of average intelligence (if
that), I must have gotten at least one materially fact wrong in my

arlen holder

nospam

Feb 14, 2019, 11:11:51 PM2/14/19
In article <q45dq3$r0l$1...@news.mixmin.net>, arlen holder
<ar...@arlen.com> wrote:

> For example, you were completely ignorant of the wifi issue, the cellular
> issue, the app drawer issue, the throttling of iPhone X issue, etc., so why
> wouldn't you be absolutely completely ignorant of Apple's lie to Congress
> last February, even though I _proved_ it already in this very thread (as I

prove it to a court and you can be rich and famous.

> took my cues from the reliable media, nospam).

the media is anything but reliable.

arlen holder

Feb 14, 2019, 11:12:35 PM2/14/19
On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 04:07:56 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder wrote:

> However, as badgolferman aptly noted, you and I are not in the same league
> when it comes to _comprehending_ facts; so please realize this is my first
> and last post to you in this thread.

Drat.

I apologize for responding to the child-like fool Alan Baker.

My Usenet "reader" is just a bunch of scripts, which _can_ plonk, but not
on a 'per thread' basis.

So I apologize for responding to he fool Alan Baker in this thread.
Mea culpa.

All the Apple Apologists write the same childish Marketing Propaganda

o So they tend to all sound alike.
o Alan Baker
o Alan Browne
o Andreas Rutishauser
o BK
o Chris
o Elden
o Hemidactylus
o joe
o Joerg Lorenz
o Jolly Roger
o Lewis
o Lloyd
o nospam
o Savageduck
o Tim Streater
o Wade Garrett
o et al.

For _all_ of them, their major weakness is always the same
o They lack comprehension of facts & synthesis of adult logic

arlen holder

Feb 14, 2019, 11:23:24 PM2/14/19
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:11:56 -0500, nospam wrote:

> prove it to a court and you can be rich and famous.

Did you even _read_ the articles, nospam?
o Or are you _exactly_ like Joerg Lorenz, nospam?

You think you know more than the reliable media verbatim cites of fact.
HINT: Nobody ever said that Apple's lies weren't clever.

Apple added the word "as", as a "trick", which is a verbatim
characterization as noted in the reliable media.

[...]

NOTE that nospam _never_ has facts, and, when he _tries_ to add facts, we
get a Snit-like hilariity where nospam _clearly_ doesn't even comprehend
his own cites (which is something that happens to Lewis and Jolly Roger).

It's shocking that they don't even comprehend their own cites!
o FACT + LOGIC

Remember Snit (and you and Jolly Roger applauded) tried to claim that the
iPhone could do something as simple as graph wifi signal strength over time
for all access points?
o And yet, NONE of you comprehended a decibel from a megabit!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ. WHo is _that_ unfathomably nospam as always proves to be?
o This is NOT an ad hominem attack since I simply point to nospam's own posts!
o It's simply the truth.

For more proof, just look at this Snit-like post from nospam, just yesterday:
o Unable to open MMS messages
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/6mSj5QG-oL0/f2fe5MCiEAAJ>

Look at this factual response proving nospam to be a Snit-like idiot:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/6mSj5QG-oL0/nvt_R0vxEAAJ>

All the Apple Apologists _consistently_ deny facts without comprehending them
o It's as if their imaginary belief system is actually _threatened_ by facts.

I've never once been wrong on material facts, and yet, nospam is almost
always wrong, and, sadly, Lewis, Alan Baker, Jolly Roger, et al. are
_always_ wrong.

For Christs' sake.
Who is _that_ incredibly stupid as these score of people prove to be?

nospam

Feb 14, 2019, 11:31:15 PM2/14/19
In article <q45erq$sil$1...@news.mixmin.net>, arlen holder
<ar...@arlen.com> wrote:

> You think you know more than the reliable media verbatim cites of fact.

the media is anything but reliable. they intentionally make up shit to
get clicks (more ad revenue) and/or to manipulate the stock price.

Alan Baker

Feb 14, 2019, 11:58:51 PM2/14/19
On 2019-02-14 8:07 p.m., arlen holder wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:00:22 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> Here's...

No, no, no.

Pull up the post where I asked my question, and address it in a proper,
civil manner...

..you know: like an actual adult would.