Fireworkz Pro Spreadsheet

Nick Prince

Apr 23, 2022, 5:11:35 AM4/23/22
to Colton Software Fireworkz
I am puzzled why the attached Excel format spreadsheet opens with black print on a black background in Fireworks spreadsheet, but black print on a white background in ViewXLS and Schema. Any useful guidance would be appreciated.
Dagenham Park Accrual.xls

Chris Hughes

Apr 23, 2022, 8:27:51 AM4/23/22
to Colton Software Fireworkz
In message <dfccb7b2-2c36-498a...@googlegroups.com>
Having had a quick look at the sheet you attached.

It has a style applied for the background colour to be black and this
attribute may not be recognised by ViewXLS (which is not a full
spreadsheet program, just does it best to show the contents of a XLS file)
and Schema probably simply does not support that attribute anyway.

--
Chris Hughes
Don't miss this years Wakefield Show 21st May 2022 - we have moved to
Check the latest information at www.wakefieldshow.org.uk

Nick Prince

Apr 26, 2022, 9:57:01 AM4/26/22
to Colton Software Fireworkz
Thanks very much, Chris. It seems odd that it has decided to apply this style when the original sheet didn't.

Alan Adams

Apr 26, 2022, 3:01:00 PM4/26/22
to colton-softw...@googlegroups.com
I've seen cases where a foreground style was applied but not a background.
So if the foreground was set to white and the background black, you got
white on white. (I think it might have been in an earlier version of
Netsurf, but the principle is the same).

Alan

In message <cf7ddea9-1018-4c97...@googlegroups.com>
--
Alan Adams