How to get a list of cloudlets currently executing and waiting in a Vm?

Chigozie Asikaburu

Apr 2, 2020, 9:37:42 PM4/2/20
to CloudSim Plus
Is there a way to get a list of cloudlets that are currently executing and waiting in a Vm? I see that Cloudlet Scheduler does this with the getCloudletList(). The method says "Gets a read-only List of all cloudlets which are either waiting or executing on the VM." This is exactly what I want but I'm not sure if I can call this method. I saw that DatacenterBrokerAbstract had the method getCloudletWaitingList() but upon reading the JavaDoc: "Gets the list of cloudlets submitted to the broker that are waiting to be created inside some Vm yet", I think it's not the same thing as the other method I'd want to use in CloudletScheduler. I want cloudlets that have already been created and are either waiting or executing in a vm.

I thought about checking a cloudlets status (QUEUED and INEXEC) and Vms they are associated with (getVm) they are executed on and then filter them to find the cloudlets that are executing and waiting on a particular Vm. I wanted to do this because I wanted to find the Vm with the shortest total mips in all the cloudlets it has.

Chigozie Asikaburu

Apr 2, 2020, 10:13:16 PM4/2/20
to CloudSim Plus
**Update**I believe I found a way to do the by getting the cloudlet scheduler of a vm and using the getCloudletList() method like below:

List<Cloudlet> cloudletList = mappedVm.getCloudletScheduler().getCloudletList().

Can you let me know if the above will work properly and if it's the proper way to do this?

Manoel Campos

Apr 3, 2020, 7:57:25 AM4/3/20
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it works. However, there are different Cloudlet lists in CloudletScheduler. Check the docs.

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me

--
If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org