CloudSim Plus 5.4.0 released: Fixes critical bugs and introduces features to provide more simulation control

Manoel Campos

Apr 7, 2020, 10:13:24 AM4/7/20
to CloudSim Plus
Hello everyone,
It's been a while since the last 5.1.0 release. I've been very busy and it's been tough to keep the project going.
I'm the only maintainer and I'm not able to fix all issues and implement new features alone.
Therefore, if the project has been useful to you, contribute in different ways:
  • star it at GitHub
  • share in your networks
  • don't forget to cite CloudSim Plus paper and website on your publications
  • engage in the community
  • start helping with documentation, examples, reporting bugs, fixing small issues, suggesting new features, implementing small features, or even sponsoring the project.
Projects need community support to thrive. I appreciate any contribution.

Below there is a list of updates for this new release, which is already available at Maven Central.
If you are using any previous version, you're strongly encourage to update.

Updates and New Features

  • Includes all AWS EC2 Instance Templates from the "US Est (Ohio)" Region, available at https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/
  • Add instructions to use Gradle in the README
  • #228 - Enables DatacenterBroker to avoid retrying or not the creating of failed VMs
  • #233 - Provide more public LOGGER instance for specific classes. Check LoggingExample.java
  • #236 - Datacenter kept trying to migrate VMs from under or overloaded Hosts without waiting some time.
    setHostSearchForMigrationDelay(double delay) method was introduced in Datacenter. Check MigrationExample1.java

Bugfixes

  • #54 - VmSchedulerTimeShared wasn't sharing Host PEs between different VMs when there is fewer Host PEs than required by all VMs
  • #226 - Some cloudlets weren't finishing, although the CPU utilization is high
  • #227 - MinTimeBetweenEventsExample.java was showing -1 as the ExecTime for almost all Cloudlets
  • #229 - VmSchedulerSpaceShared was throwing a NoSuchElementException when all Host PEs were already used
  • #231 - When a Cloudlet is bound to a VM and that VM was not created, the Cloudlet status wasn't set to FAILED
  • #232 - VmSchedulers were showing a warning "VmSchedulerXX: It was requested an empty list of PEs for Vm YY in Host ZZ" because the resources of a destroyed VM were tried to be deallocated twice
  • #234 - VmAllocationPolicyMigrationAbstract was not allocating Hosts without a PowerModel. Since power consumption is buil-in in the HostSimple class of CloudSim Plus, the developer can choose if he/she wants to model power consumption or not using regular Hosts.
  • #235 - Some simulations using a VmAllocationPolicyMigration were freezing when there were under/overloaded Hosts.

Thabet Marwa

Apr 18, 2020, 5:53:06 PM4/18/20
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
Great work! Thank you but how to update my installation?

--
If you received an answer that worked for you, please be kind and reply to let everybody knows it worked.
http://cloudsimplus.org

Chigozie Asikaburu

Apr 29, 2020, 12:30:15 AM4/29/20
to CloudSim Plus
You can fork CloudSim Plus if you haven't already. Then you have the most up to date version and you can add your classes, inside a package in the project. Or you you can upload all your CloudSim Plus code (including the original clouds plus simulation code) to a GitHub repo. Then make a pull request from the master branch of cloudsim to your repository. You will need to address conflicts on GitHub before merging.

Thabet Marwa

Apr 29, 2020, 4:15:32 PM4/29/20
to clouds...@googlegroups.com
Could you please guide me to do step by step.even in a separate discussion.

Thank you in advance.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cloudsim-plus/181a8b3f-da74-40a3-abc0-ecac4b051ea4%40googlegroups.com.

--
----
Marwa Thabet

Manoel Campos

Apr 29, 2020, 9:03:04 PM4/29/20
to clouds...@googlegroups.com

Manoel Campos da Silva Filho Software Engineer

Computer Science and Engineering Ph.D. Student at University of Beira Interior (Portugal)

Professor at Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of Tocantins (Brazil)

http://manoelcampos.com

 about.me