It's been a while since the last 5.1.0 release. I've been very busy and it's been tough to keep the project going.
I'm the only maintainer and I'm not able to fix all issues and implement new features alone.
Therefore, if the project has been useful to you, contribute in different ways:
- star it at GitHub
- share in your networks
- don't forget to cite CloudSim Plus paper and website on your publications
- engage in the community
- start helping with documentation, examples, reporting bugs, fixing small issues, suggesting new features, implementing small features, or even sponsoring the project.
Projects need community support to thrive. I appreciate any contribution.
Below there is a list of updates for this new release, which is already available at Maven Central.
If you are using any previous version, you're strongly encourage to update.
Updates and New Features
- Includes all AWS EC2 Instance Templates from the "US Est (Ohio)" Region, available at https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/
- Add instructions to use Gradle in the README
- #228 - Enables DatacenterBroker to avoid retrying or not the creating of failed VMs
- #233 - Provide more public LOGGER instance for specific classes. Check LoggingExample.java
- #236 - Datacenter kept trying to migrate VMs from under or overloaded Hosts without waiting some time.
setHostSearchForMigrationDelay(double delay) method was introduced in Datacenter. Check MigrationExample1.java
- #54 - VmSchedulerTimeShared wasn't sharing Host PEs between different VMs when there is fewer Host PEs than required by all VMs
- #226 - Some cloudlets weren't finishing, although the CPU utilization is high
- #227 - MinTimeBetweenEventsExample.java was showing -1 as the ExecTime for almost all Cloudlets
- #229 - VmSchedulerSpaceShared was throwing a NoSuchElementException when all Host PEs were already used
- #231 - When a Cloudlet is bound to a VM and that VM was not created, the Cloudlet status wasn't set to FAILED
- #232 - VmSchedulers were showing a warning "VmSchedulerXX: It was requested an empty list of PEs for Vm YY in Host ZZ" because the resources of a destroyed VM were tried to be deallocated twice
- #234 - VmAllocationPolicyMigrationAbstract was not allocating Hosts without a PowerModel. Since power consumption is buil-in in the HostSimple class of CloudSim Plus, the developer can choose if he/she wants to model power consumption or not using regular Hosts.
- #235 - Some simulations using a VmAllocationPolicyMigration were freezing when there were under/overloaded Hosts.