Cloud Computing for Non governmental organisations

shams khan

Feb 20, 2012, 10:06:20 AM2/20/12
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Hi guys,

I am currently working on my dissertation where I aim to investigate
how cloud computing can empower NGO's.I would appreciate if anyone
could provide me academic papers, studies and/or research that could
help me in relation to this?

Thanks

Akira Akira

Feb 23, 2012, 7:53:11 AM2/23/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Interesting topic. But are you sure Cloud Computing can help NGOs? It seems that the industry is working hard towards not letting Cloud Computing become free, in any sense of freedom.

venkat gattamaneni

Feb 27, 2012, 8:55:10 AM2/27/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Yes, Could computing will go with minimal cost, immediate return on investment and with better efficiency then other traditional approaches.

For some NGO's, Salesforce.com is giving free licenses. 1% of their licenses they are giving for NGO's.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM, David Thai Trung King <dthaitr...@gmail.com> wrote:
From my perspective, empower NGO mean how NGO can utilise Cloud computing resources at minimal cost compare to the traditional approach. Am I right in thinking that what you meant?
--
Regards
David Thai Trung King

Thanks and Regards

Venkat Gattamaneni

+91-9986113337

Venkat.ga...@gmail.com

Venkat.ga...@hotmail.com

Skype: venkat.gattamaneni

GeoLocation: 12.95644,77.721298

Cloud Computing Technologies
Salesforce.com |   Force.com Sites   |   Customer & Partner Portals   |   CastIron Cloud Integrations | Amazon Web Services
| HTML5 & Web Technologies | NetSuite | SEO

shams khan

Feb 27, 2012, 9:13:39 AM2/27/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com

Hi thanks for responding to this thread.
And yes david you got it right.
So far what I have gathered is that there are lot me promises/offer for ngo to move on to cloud but still we don't find ngo (small-medium) adopting it.

On Feb 27, 2012 1:06 PM, "David Thai Trung King" <dthaitr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From my perspective, empower NGO mean how NGO can utilise Cloud computing resources at minimal cost compare to the traditional approach. Am I right in thinking that what you meant?
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Akira Akira <akira.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

> --
> Regards
> David Thai Trung King

Patrick Anderson

Feb 27, 2012, 9:44:09 AM2/27/12
Akira Akira wrote:
> the industry is working hard towards not letting Cloud Computing
> become free, in any sense of freedom.

NGOs can group together to form a massive Federated Cloud,
but working alone, they cannot achieve the Economy of scale.

A Federated Cloud will allow the "at cost" access because it will
be co-owned by those consumers.

See here for a more thorough analysis:
http://SocialSufficiencyCoalition.BlogSpot.com/2012/02/free-as-in-freedom-production.html

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com

Patrick Anderson

Feb 27, 2012, 12:44:40 PM2/27/12
David Thai Trung King wrote:
> the drawbacks depending on the Cloud service provider.

Yes, but what if the NGO *is* the provider?

What are the drawbacks of the provider and the consumer being one-and-the-same?

One I can see is a lack of scale would keep efficiency too low.

But if hundreds of NGOs were to co-own a NGO cloud, then the service
would be under their full control, and they would provide and receive that
service for no more than the real costs of production.

Profit is undefined when Product is ROI.

Consumers, as Investors, can fund the creation of a cloud, and then
accept Product (the services themselves) as payment for that risk.

This perfects competition and eliminates vendor relationship management
since the vendor and customer are the very same group.

Annie Shebano

Feb 28, 2012, 1:35:36 PM2/28/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Shams,
I have compiled 78 references on cloud computing that you could use in your dissertation. I got some of them from my dissertation. My research is about cloud computing resource utilization. The attached file should save you many weeks of research on the topic.

Good luck with your dissertation.
Annie.

references-cloud computing.docx

Ravindra Dastikop

Feb 28, 2012, 10:20:50 PM2/28/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hello Annie Shebano

Thanks for sharing a good collection of Cloud computing references.

Here in India I teach a cloud computing course in an engineering college. May I share your references with my students and others on my course/home blog

http://cloudcomputingcourse.blogspot.com

http://dastikop.blogspot.com

regards

Ravindra Dastikop
Director, Centre for Web 2.0 Enabled Learning ( C-WEL)
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
SDM College of Engineering and Technology
Dharwad 580 002  India

Contact:
Phone: 91 836 2447465
Cell   : +91 99 808 73 130
Email: ravindra...@gmail.com

Blog
http://dastikop.blogspot.com

He Rongyu

Feb 29, 2012, 10:37:05 AM2/29/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Annie
Would you send this references to me ?
Sincerely,
Rongyu He

Annie Shebanow

Feb 29, 2012, 2:01:50 PM2/29/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Please, share the file. It would be great if it helps others in their research projects.

Annie.

shams khan

Mar 3, 2012, 8:38:02 PM3/3/12
to Cloud Computing Use Cases
Thanks Annie for the references

Patrick- Good suggestion , is there anyone currently looking to
explore that option?

On Feb 28, 6:35 pm, Annie Shebano <asheb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shams,
> I have compiled 78 references on cloud computing that you could use in your
> dissertation. I got some of them from my dissertation. My research is about
> cloud computing resource utilization. The attached file should save you
> many weeks of research on the topic.
>
> Good luck with your dissertation.
> Annie.
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 7:06 AM, shams khan <mshamskha...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi guys,
>
> >  I am currently working on my dissertation where I aim to investigate
> > how cloud computing can empower NGO's.I would appreciate if anyone
> > could provide me academic papers, studies and/or research that could
> > help me in relation to this?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > --
>

>  references-cloud computing.docx
> 186KViewDownload

Manibala Sinha

Mar 9, 2012, 9:18:50 AM3/9/12
to cloud-comput...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Is there anyone is working on Cloud User Role. I need some references, to work over.
Thank you for your help in advance.

With Best Regards,
Manibala Sinha
Message has been deleted