Re: [circos] Show half of a circle

Martin Krzywinski

Feb 25, 2013, 4:37:49 PM2/25/13
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
Adjust the spacing parameter in the <ideogram> block between the first and last ideograms. Make it as large as 1/2 of the circle - make it the same size as the total size of all ideograms, to divide the figure into halves.

I've attached examples that show how to do this with one ideogram, or multiple ideograms. The ideogram.conf contains the relevant spacing parameters.

If you want the ideograms that start at a different position in the circle, adjust angle_offset in the <image> block, which is -90 by default.

<image>
<<include etc/image.conf>>
# override default imported from file above
angle_offset* = 0
</image>

Martin Krzywinski
science + art

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Carl <carl.va...@ugent.be> wrote:
Hi,
I visualized my data in a complete circle but want to show the entire data in only half a circle (from 180° to 0°). I saw a graph where they did this, read the tutorials but haven't been able to figure out how to do this (I may have overlooked it...).

I'm thinking of making up 'artificial' data, not show it and use that to fill the other half? Or is there a more professional way to do this?
With spacing-parameters?

Carl

circos.png
circos.png
half.circle.tgz

Carl

Feb 25, 2013, 5:07:10 PM2/25/13
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Martin!!
Carl

Erica

Mar 12, 2024, 12:41:48 PMMar 12
to Circos
Hi everyone!

I have a naive question regarding this: how do I calculate the size of my ideograms, to adjust the spacing in the <ideogran> block of the config file?

Cheers,
Erica

Martin

Mar 12, 2024, 12:43:45 PMMar 12
to Circos

You can use relative spacing. See "relative spacing" at

This will make the spaces relative to the total size of the ideograms.