Google CT Mirror for Digicert Yeti2024

Alessandro Maurizio

Nov 15, 2023, 9:14:55 AM11/15/23
to certificate-transparency
Hello,
while we acknowledge that mirrors are not provided with any SLA or such, we were wondering if there is any kind of mirror for the DigiCert Yeti2024 CT Log.

We currently use a dynamic/retryable algorithm that does not care for errors, will automatically select the best batchsize for each CT and will back-off and retry in case of server / client errors.

We switched to using some Google mirrors for, eg, Sabre and other Digicerts, and we're experiencing way better limit-hitting and we're able to reach an higher throughtput instead of hitting the original ones, which were so stalled that the backlog was growing instead of reducing (this does not happen for all the other CTs, expecially google-backed ones).

So, while we found some good working mirrors for older Digicert CTs, is there any plan on providing the Yeti2024 mirror, since it's currently accepted and in "usable" state in Chrome?

Thanks a lot!

Philippe Boneff

Nov 28, 2023, 4:11:07 PM11/28/23
to certificate-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for reaching out. As you're pointing out, we run the Mirrors without any SLA nor commitment to mirror all the logs. We're constantly
evaluating our priorities, and at the moment, we don't have any immediate plan to start mirroring Yeti2024.

Here are a set of tools that you might find helpful to fetch log data. Some of them might be able to cope with servers rate limiting and failures, and allow you to get to the bottom of the backlog:
 - SCTscan / ScanLog
 - CTClone
 - Scrape CT Log
 - ctmon