R4 Patient Financial Accounts (NOT Statements) by Patient Id

Assigned to Fenil....@cerner.com by me

Mandy Blasingame

Aug 16, 2021, 4:27:03 PM8/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
I saw the documentation on the breaking change concerning the R4 Account search, it now being limited to patient, identifier, and type: the type having to be statement related. What would then be the best way to retrieve a bundle of Patient Financial Accounts by patient? (My only remaining idea is pulling related persons, seeing if there's a guarantor, and searching with that id, but that seems rather superfluous).

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Aug 24, 2021, 2:09:48 PM8/24/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

If you are talking about the breaking change mentioned here (https://groups.google.com/g/cerner-fhir-developers/c/cBPun12M_s8) then it was only related to the account.identifier.system. We didn't add or remove any existing search capabilities with that change. We just corrected what system needed to be passed in with the search. We've always only supported searching for financial-accounts by guarantor or id.

Thanks,
Fenil