FACCC Advocacy Listserv

brillw...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2021, 4:21:39 PM10/22/21
to CCCSenates
Hello everyone!

I find this unofficial Senate listserv a valuable tool to converse about 10+1 matters, and I have honestly learned so much from it over the past several years.

In this last legislative session, with the passage of AB 1111 and AB 928, we have realized how little the practitioner input matters in the Sacramento Capitol. We need to change that. The first step is to have a space for faculty to discuss and ask questions about the legislation. Given that, FACCC has created a Google Group similar to the CCCSenates. We encourage you to join it and ask your colleagues to do the same.

Join our advocates list-serve by sending email to:
FACCCadvocat...@googlegroups.com
You will receive an automatic email, follow the link, click join

I have attached the slide deck from the event in case you missed the FACCC Leg Roundtable Recap of the 2021 Legislative session. Please feel free to share. I am also available to present advocacy training (60 mins) or legislative updates (20-30 min) to any faculty groups.

FACCC will be taking a short break from our Roundtables as the legislature is in recess and begin again in January with a series of repeating webinars co-hosted by ASCCC focusing on advocacy training. Our events are listed at www.faccc.org/events.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Take care,

Wendy
---

Wendy Brill-Wynkoop
Professor of Photography, College of the Canyons
President, Faculty Association of California Community Colleges

Proud member of FACCC - The statewide professional membership association that advocates solely for all California Community College faculty.

211012 Roundtable - 2021 Recap.pdf