seeking further support for resolution supporting students from Myanmar

Shaw, Leigh Anne

Mar 26, 2021, 3:45:46 PM3/26/21
to cccse...@googlegroups.com

Greetings, Senate officers,

This resolution was passed today out of Area B to send to the plenary. Much of its content comes directly from students at Skyline College, and it was suggested at Area B that it could be strengthened by additional voices from students throughout our system. I’ve reached out to our statewide student senate, and I’m doing due diligence by reaching out to you all.

If you have had conversations at your campus with students from Myanmar, and if you have any statements, testimonials, or data to share that could be used to strengthen this resolution, please share them with me.

I appreciate your help on behalf of students from Myanmar,

LA

Leigh Anne Shaw

Professor, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)

President: Skyline College Academic Senate 2020-2022

Past president: SMCCCD District Academic Senate
3300 College Drive - San Bruno, CA 94066

650.738.4408

Pronouns: she, her

BlackLivesMatter

Skyline College inspires a global and diverse community of learners to achieve intellectual, cultural, social, economic and personal fulfillment.

Area B Resolution in support of students from Myanmar.docx