Define schedule

J Li

Jun 17, 2021, 1:32:42 AM6/17/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
brick: Occupancy Status may not be enough for the global definition of building schedule.
I saw this one about schedules, should it be defined as an entity or a relationship, or maybe both?

Gabe Fierro

Jun 18, 2021, 1:13:36 PM6/18/21
to brick...@googlegroups.com

Hi there!

Schedules are indeed a gap for us, and it's actually on the roadmap for v1.3 (https://github.com/orgs/BrickSchema/projects/1#card-55453169) although there has not been any dedicated work to that end.

I think the most natural model for schedules is to represent them as an entity (likely with its own entities and relationships that define the details of the schedule) as you mentioned. Steve Ray pointed out that the FSGIM standard did some modeling of schedules (more specifically: sequences of intervals) based on the OASIS WS-Calendar standard. I can't share the FSGIM standard directly, but there is an open implementation in SHACL that we might build on.

Maybe a good way to start is to begin listing what we would need from a calendar specification: what kinds of questions do we want to be able to answer? Are there other calendar specifications that we might want to build on?

Best,

Gabe

On 6/16/21 10:32 PM, J Li wrote:
brick: Occupancy Status may not be enough for the global definition of building schedule.
I saw this one about schedules, should it be defined as an entity or a relationship, or maybe both? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brickschema/140ebff3-d830-4579-bc34-bf97e028a3bbn%40googlegroups.com.