Format SD card for BB1

Glenn Terry

Nov 7, 2021, 8:12:18 PM11/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I needed a larger SD card for the BB1, I purchased a Sandisk Extreme 256gb. I formatted it to FAT32 and  followed the instructions from " How To Upgrade The Brennan BB1 SD Card." Step 2) of the instructions appears to have been successful. I received the message: "Success, Press to reboot." Step 3) gave me a Writing to USB and after a few seconds said "Failed." I also tried the process with a 128 gb Samsung card same result.
I obviously did something wrong and need help to successfully complete the process.
Thanks, Glenn

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2021, 8:30:56 PM11/7/21
to Brennan Forum
The first thing that comes to my mind is the SD Cards - We have had a FLOOD of issues relating to USB Stick drives and SD Cards actually being fake products, especially the larger capacity (more expensive ones). most of the ones from eBay and many sold using Amazon are proving to be problematic.
I suggest you look at this Forum Thread as a first step in trouble shooting
Also I assume these are the instructions you are following

Fred

Peter Lowham

Nov 7, 2021, 9:41:11 PM11/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

Are you using a USB to microSD card adapter?  If you are, it could be worthwhile trying a different adapter as we have had problems reported previously where the adapter was the root of the problem.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Nov 8, 2021, 4:39:32 AM11/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

I remember reading, a while ago, that a couple of other owners reported this problem but found that P3 had in fact been created and the SD Card worked OK. So maybe give it a try.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Nov 8, 2021, 4:41:32 AM11/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

Adding to Peter's suggestion, this type of adapter works OK.
sandisk SD adapter.jpg

Paul
Brennan Support.

Glenn Terry

Nov 8, 2021, 12:11:38 PM11/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
Well looks like the P3 was actually created! I inserted the new SD card and the BB1 booted. I am in the process of loading music. Thanks for the help.

Glenn

PMB

Nov 9, 2021, 3:31:19 AM11/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

That's good. Maybe try playing a few Tracks, to make sure all is OK, before loading too many.

Paul
Brennan Support.